Renaissance at 87TH Street,the

2940 WEST 87TH STREET, Chicago, IL, 60652

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Renaissance at 87TH Street,the

Caring78712550 February 28, 2014

The desirable thing about The Renaissance was that it was in close proximity to family members; everyone in my family lives somewhere within 2 to 10 miles including my mother. The facility was also nice in terms of the people there. They appeared to be happy. I like the lunch room setting. I like the fact they played music and people had their choice of what they wanted to hear. I also like the game activities that they had for individuals. However, there were just too many residents there, and there were too many visitors coming and going. I didn't feel there was a security. I didn't like that. Also, when we were trying to impress upon them that we were seriously interested in securing a place, they never provided followup.

Beverly28 February 24, 2014

My mom has been at the Renaissance and I loved it there. I love the staff. Although we encountered some problems but nothing really detrimental. I had a very personal relationship with the whole staff. They are very great with the residents that are living there. The rooms looked very homey and not just with hospital colors. They have their own TV, bed, little closet, so really it looked like home. It wasn’t gloomy. When my mom died, they were very helpful and made it all easy for me. We had her memorial in one of their rooms inside the facility. Overall, our experience was good.

Alma3 November 27, 2013

I had a friend at Renaissance and I did visit her a month ago there. They were really giving her pretty good care. It’s a nice-looking facility and her room was clean. When you enter the facility it's nice and clean. The outside is very attractive. I'm sure they do have programs although I don’t know what they were. I had brought her some food and I think the food is not that good. Her dinner would have been an egg salad sandwich and I've never heard of an egg salad sandwich. Her meal wasn’t that appetizing.

meecyion January 18, 2012

This facility located on the south west side of chicago is very attractive in appearence. The grounds are well kept, and the colors in the facility are very warm and inviting. This facility accepts all forms of insurances, and has a rehabilitation unit, dementia unit, and long term care services. They are a skilled facility, providing off-site dialysis to residents who need it. The staff serve the meals on heated trays, and smoking is monitored by the staff as well. While there, I noticed some activities going on in the facility, and the residents were very much involved and connected to the staff. The staff was very helpful in getting me the information I needed. In general, I would rank this facility a 4 out of 5 stars.

RaceCampbell November 29, 2011

I think The Renaissance is a nice facility. While there, I witnessed the cafeteria sanitation, tasted the exceptional food quality, enjoyed their soup and ice cream parlors, relaxed in outside seated areas, spoke to medical personnel @ onsite university senior clinic and superb office staff. Also onsite is a barber shop, beauty salon, spa center, nail care salon, bingo rooms. With RN, LPN, CNA available 24/7, high staff/patient ratios, with a good smell quality. Directly across from the country club, with standard residence area (dbl. bed rooms, up to 4bed rooms), with good neighborhood quality.

In general, I would rank this facility five out of five stars.

asilgee September 11, 2011

The Renaissance at 87th in Chicago, IL is a Rehabilitation/Nursing Center. As caretaker for my uncle, I actually didn't visit this home before he was admitted. I actually chose another facility but when this facility was not available to him, he was rerouted to the Renaissance. On my first visit, I was pleasantly surprised. The facilities are very tastefully decorated with a traditional decor. The first floor is for rehab patients and is bright and airy. The home has a physical therapy floor in the basement. The physical therapists were excellent and the equipment very extensive. My uncle was placed on the "dementia" floor that is very secure with locked elevators. I found his attendants very friendly and likeable. I felt that I had left him with friends. His room was clean and pleasant. On the floor there is a community room where all the residents are gathered daily for meals and activities. They have a huge television for movies and a stereo system that always played lively music. On Sundays, they had church service and played gospel selections throughout the day. Overall, I was very satisfied and comfortable with my uncle being there. I think that the Renaissance at 87th in Chicago is a wonderful nursing home.

About Renaissance at 87TH Street,the

Renaissance at 87TH Street,the is a nursing home in Chicago, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Renaissance at 87TH Street,the for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Renaissance at 87TH Street,the

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Renaissance at 87TH Street,the