Liberty Nursing and Rehab Ctr of Mecklenburg Cty

3700 SHAMROCK DR, Charlotte, NC, 28215

Reviews of Liberty Nursing and Rehab Ctr of Mecklenburg Cty

cdayton August 17, 2011

I visited Liberty Nursing Center on several occasions, assisting clients in exploring it as an option for either long term nursing care or short term rehabilitative care. The facility is a large one, with several different floors, located in a convenient location. My first concern with this facility is that it really is almost too large, and because of that it's difficult for staff to really treat clients as individuals, rather than a "number". Often times when I would call about clients I was trying to assist it took quite awhile to get to the appropriate staff member to help, and even then they had to do a lot of resorting to records and charts, even to answer pretty basic questions. Having said that, there did always appear to be an adequate number of nurses on the floor in relation to the number of patients in the facility. It never appeared that a client would have to wait too long to get the care they needed. The facility does offer a full range of medical assistance though, both for rehabilitation and longer term stays. They accept Medicaid and that made them a strong option for many of the clients I was assisting. The facility is clean and odor free for the most part, and it seems that any concerns related to hygiene are addressed pretty quickly. There was a good activities calendar but, probably because of the size of the facility, it felt at times as if the residents didn't always know about all activities and so, sometimes they weren't able to become involved. Overall, I would say that this facility is average. It's probably a good choice for short term care but I don't know that I would recommend it for a longer term stay. It just lacks the feeling of "home" that I would want myself if I was going to be somewhere on a more permanent basis and it lacks much of a feeling of "family" or "closeness" from much of the staff.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Liberty Nursing and Rehab Ctr of Mecklenburg Cty

Liberty Nursing and Rehab Ctr of Mecklenburg Cty is a nursing home in Charlotte, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Liberty Nursing and Rehab Ctr of Mecklenburg Cty for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Liberty Nursing and Rehab Ctr of Mecklenburg Cty

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Liberty Nursing and Rehab Ctr of Mecklenburg Cty