Silverado Beach Cities

Overview of Ratings

4.0

September 27, 2011

By ampylozano

I liked the cozyness of this facility because as soon as you walk in you feel at home. The facility is clean and has friendly staff greeting you and asking if you need help with whatsoever.They have different activities to keep the clients busy and their food menu is very healthy and yet looks so delightful.They have sufficient staff to help their clients in their daily needs and transportation to bring clients to wherever they need to go to.

September 21, 2011

By SoulSister

My relative used the adult day care offered here two or three times a week for the last year or so. She looked forward to going there and seemed to thrive on the constantly changing activities, the beautiful surroundings and great food. We tried a couple of overnight stays, and that seemed to go well. Several months ago our family started to feel pressured by Silverado management to make the transition to full time resident, even though my relative was still highly functioning. After we did a multiple night stay to give our caregiver some rest, our relative seemed very tramatized and would go into a tail spin if the name Silverado was even mentioned. She told us that male attendants were bathing her (true we found out...you must specifically request a female attendant). There were other stories that left us cold and confused. Before this unfortunate experience, I had read the Silverado owners best selling book, The Silverado Story, and had completely bought into the concept that they were different from other dementia care facilities and that they really understood dementia patients. I have just found out that Silverado has been bought out by a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust). This may explain why our family's experience with Silverado abruptly changed. They are also undergoing personnel restructuring/layoffs in all their facilities, which may explain why management was so intent on converting my relative from adult day care to permanent resident. The last months have been trial and error as our family moved on to find new accommodations. I am happy to report that we now have an in-home caregiver who is working out beautifully and my relative is still happily in their own home.

July 21, 2011

By Titanic1909

Other

This facility is located in a residential area about a half a mile from the beach. Silverado is like the Rolls Royce of assisted living facilities. It's luxurious and they pamper the residents a lot. They allow them to have pets too, which is not true at all facilities. There's a big parking lot outside. The grounds are spacious and very pretty. There's nice landscaping. They don't accept Medical or Medicare "“ it's for the richest of the rich. They also have hospice in the same facility. The common areas are medium-sized and very nice and luxurious. The residents stay in their own rooms, which are very spacious and accommodating. The staff is really professional and really takes care of the residents. They have a nurse and a social worker that work there. A lot of the residents, maybe 85 or 90%, have dementia or Alzheimer's. The staff is really well-trained to deal with dementia. I didn't eat the food, but the cafeteria looked pretty nice. They plan lots of activities for the residents. They have a lockdown unit for the dementia and Alzheimer's patients, and everything is all scheduled for the residents. The residents play Bingo and exercise and watch movies, and things like that. There's no money spared there "“ they charge a lot of money, but I think they have everything anyone could want in an assisted living facility. I've been to many facilities, and this one is really the best.

Photos of Silverado Beach Cities

Features of Silverado Beach Cities

• State Licenses: 197608179

About Silverado Beach Cities

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community's warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Map of Silverado Beach Cities