NewForest Estates Independent Living

5034 New Forest Street, San Antonio, TX, 78229

Reviews of NewForest Estates | Independent Living

By Margaret Estes

Our team at The Heights on Huebner truly enjoys working with Randy and Michael. When we have one of their residents at The Heights for rehab, Michael visits with them and ensures a smooth transition back to New Forest Estates. We visit New Forest often for tours or events and the community is always inviting, clean and their residents are happy.
Thank you for your positive review we are so glad to hear all the positive comments! Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, their families and volunteers and partners! We appreciate you sharing your experience. Did you know we have a Facebook page that we share our daily activities to, its a fun way to see what the residents get to experience during the day! Thank you for your continued support!

By The Martin Family

Mom moved in shortly after my dad died and though it took her a couple of months to really get going, once she did we couldn't keep up with her. Between cards, bingo, "horse racing", the dances, etc. etc. etc. the tables turned and we were the ones calling to ask "Where were you? You haven't called in a week!" Several years later she had to move to the Assisted Living facility and honestly, we could NOT have asked for a more caring staff! Mom passed away last June but her last years were happy and she made so many friends! There were absolutely no regrets or second thoughts about her living at New Forest. She was truly cherished there and who could ask for more than that?
Thank you for sharing your experience, we are so happy that you and your family feel this way. We have a wonderful community and we are extremely proud of our staff and extended family. You made our day today and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Please feel free to come by or contact us with any questions in the future. We hope that you have a blessed day.

By rpiant

As a third party provider giving care at the end of life, the Director has gone above and beyond to ensure a synergistic relationship. All staff at Newforest Estates have shown outstanding attention to detail, diligence to patient satisfaction, and patient centered care as priority. I would personally trust my family members to be cared for at this facility.
Thank you for your positive review and continued support. We are honored you would trust us with your own family, that means a lot to us. We always strive to provide top quality service to everyone, and are pleased to hear your prospective. We look forward to our continued relationship, have a wonderful day.

By EPerales

Other

I visit this community often and I'm always impressed with family like interactions between employees, residents and vendors. The second I walk in concierge greets me with a smile and is always helpful!
Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud to win the Caring best of Senior Living communities in the nation 2 years in a row! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns.

October 04, 2017

By PWestley5429

So I recently had the pleasure of working with Denise and Michael to get my mother moved in at Newforest. I knew that this was the place for my mother as soon as I walked through the door. I felt welcomed almost immediately by the front desk person and other residents. The facility was clean, the food was good, and even the staff was friendly when we walked around the community. Denise was very professional and gladly answered all of our endless questions. She was even diligent, but not overly aggressive when checking back with us. I didn't feel pressured at all to come in to tour. We finally brought mom in to tour and Michael was there to help us. While on tour, we encountered a group of residents who were so, so happy to see Michael and it was quite nice seeing how well he is received by these residents. We got mom moved in pretty quickly, which saved us some money in the end. My mom was able to move into a newly renovated apartment and we just love the way it looks! I feel like this is the right place for my mother to be and she'll have the social interaction that is going to benefit her since she likes to be active. Oh, and I like that they have a front desk person available 24/7 so if I ever worry about not being able to get a hold of mom, I know I can call the front desk at any time. Denise also told me the staff does daily checks on all their residents. This brings a lot of comfort to me knowing my mom will be accounted for every day of the week. Please do not miss out on this community if you are looking for your loved one! Trust me, you will get that "home" feeling!!!! I am so glad we found Newforest!!!!
We love to hear experiences like you and your mothers. We will share your kind words with the team here, it is experiences like yours that really keep us motivated. We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at NewForest Estates! We can't wait to see you again, have a great day. Welcome Home!

October 04, 2017

By J. Kinsel

My mom has had a wonderful experience at Newforest Estates! She has lived there over a year, and she has made wonderful friends, enjoys all the activities they offer. It is also at a reasonable cost. I highly recommend Newforest!
J. Kinsel, thank you for the high star rating and for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and our entire team. We have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

August 08, 2017

By T Benke

We first met Michael while touring NewForest Estates in October 2016. What jumped out at you when we met Michael was his enthusiasm and energy. He seemed to know every resident on a first name basis. They brightened up when they saw him, always ready to tease and encourage him as much as he encourages them!! He truly loves his job and loves the residents. I'm very pleased to work with Michael. He has helped us most recently in picking a rehab facility for my mother after a fall. I can trust him and his judgement.
Thank you for leaving this detailed positive review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and feel the same way about Michael, he is wonderful and we are lucky to have him on our team. Have a wonderful day and thank you again!

September 29, 2016

By Bruce278157

Newforest Estates was laid out completely different. When you went outside your door, you are actually outside. So, when you open that door, it’s pretty odd. It wasn’t a controlled climate because it wasn’t inside, all of it. So that was one thing that we didn’t care for. The facilities were OK, and the fellow that we talked to from the staff was great and we liked him a lot. It appeared to be much older, and when you walk out your door, you are not in a controlled climate. It looked pretty full, so I think that they are doing quite well.
Hi Bruce, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one, and will use this as an opportunity to improve.

July 11, 2016

By Robbie053180

We visited New Forest Estates, and it seemed perfectly fine and less expensive than other places. We could not see any wrong with it. They had a nice pool. It’s a little less posh compared to the other places we’ve visited, but it’s OK.

October 21, 2015

By A happy daughter of a resident

My mother has lived at NewForest Estates for about 3 years and it has been a good experience for her overall. Anytime we needed help from the administration, they have been helpful, kind and supportive. My mother lives in the independent life section, she is about to turn 90 soon and I have no doubt that her longevity has to do with the life style she has enjoyed there.

November 25, 2014

By outoftown

My mother has been at New Forest for 4 years. We narrowed our choices based on cost, cleanliness and safety. It was Mom's choice of New Forest. They have been exceptional in relating to and understanding mom's personality. The amenities are wonderful if one takes full advantage of them. The administrative staff have been exceptional on 3 occasions where extra care was needed spontaneously. Over all the staff has been good in communicating with us (her children/care takers).

November 22, 2014

By TerriS2

My mother has lived here for almost four years and I would not be happier. From the management team to the staff, they are loving, caring and dedicated to caring for the residents. They are like family to all of us!

November 22, 2014

By China Max01

New Forest Estates was one of my Friends choices that seems to get a lot of attention. Mainly for the caring folks they have there and the variety of menu choices to choose from. Its refreshing to see that still means something.

November 21, 2014

By Shirleybydesign

Other

Newforest Estates has always been a very friendly, active independent living community. They are now undergoing a complete renovation. The new design is beautiful and reflects the spirit of its residents as well as the very caring staff. Newforest Estates is truly a "family" and I am privileged to provide personal services to a number of residents to assist them in their efforts to enjoy independent living for years to come. Newforest residents are very fortunate to have an outstanding chef on staff. The food is wonderful, activities and special events fill the calendar. This is a happy community!!

July 22, 2014

By Dawna2

Dad has been at Newforest Estates since April. We chose this place for its price and the feedback that we read. The staff are very friendly and they appear to love their jobs. They all seem to truly care about the people that are in the community. He is in a 1-bedroom, 1-bath apartment with a kitchenette. They do have a lot of activities there, and they have a pool. They also play games every night. They have two church services on Sunday. They have van trips every day to Walmart, restaurants, or special trips. They also have dances or some music once a month. Their food is good.

Photos of NewForest Estates

Features of NewForest Estates

About NewForest Estates

Don’t settle for ordinary. Escape to NewForest Estates, a San Antonio senior living community offering award winning independent living and assisted living care, all designed for discerning individuals who expect more out of life.

Map of NewForest Estates