Fountainview | West Palm Beach, FL

111 Executive Center Drive, West Palm Beach, FL, 33401

Reviews of Fountainview | West Palm Beach, FL

A Fellow Reviewer21 December 22, 2015

I thought Fountainview had a good concept. They had lots of activities for the people. They had quick access for the dog walking. The only negative to be found in the whole thing was that in order to go from place to place, you had to go outside, because they had five buildings. The people working there were very nice, very warm, and very professional. The lady that toured us around was Sandy. She was very knowledgeable. We saw some activities. They were playing bingo. We went to a grill, and the food was pretty good.

Anonymous115028850 October 28, 2015

I liked the setup at Fountainview. They were able to answer all my questions. They were very helpful and informative. They did follow up with me afterwards. I liked the size of the rooms. They had the pool situated to where the dining area was. They went over the activities that they offered, and I was happy with the tour.

Caring9834 July 29, 2015

Everything at Fountainview was very nice. Actually my mother just passed away last week, but she enjoyed herself there. The room was beautiful, and they kept it clean. They did laundry for her once a week. The food there was excellent. I actually ate a couple of times there, and it was very, very good.

Caring110237350 July 21, 2015

Fountainview would have been my second choice. It was the 3rd floor and the better view. They couldn’t change the wall color; I would have to repaint it myself. I felt it was awfully yellow and didn’t match with the rug. They have a hot tub which I’m going to miss. They said they could get us to the doctor we were used to. The staff was wonderful to us.

Terrrapin May 20, 2015

Well. its been a year and seems like the place is going to need some major changes. I have noticed a decline in the quality and quantity of food, elevators constantly breaking,staff change over constantly. These are not good signs for a better quality of life. While some of the staff is great, others are not. I cant understand how anyone can judge a facility by the name 5 stars an a meal. Speak to other residents and dont judge a place by one visit.

tonym March 04, 2015

i visited the Fountainview once-and spoke to a lovely lady MS. Syphurs----she was her helping us to understand all that was available there--and she was very knowledgeable and courteous to us--in every way. we have still not decided to put my mom in any senior development--but if we do--it WILL BE the Fountainview-because of MS. Syphurs

Ann101203050 February 10, 2015

The facilities at Fountainview are older, but the care is good. It is a big enough area where my mother can walk around it every day. It is half a mile around the building, so in that respect, it is good for her. They have a dining room for the assisted living. If the residents don't want to eat there, they can eat in the main dining room. I have eaten there with my mother, and the food there is quite good. They provide transportation, and they have regular routes. They go to Target, then the bank, and then the doctors. They know who gets off to what stop and then make sure they bring them back. Some of the apartments have been redone, but obviously people have not taken care of them. Basically it was built like in the 1980's, and it honestly needs a facelift. But one of the major positives is the very good and very kind staff. The assisted living director is extremely good. She is doing whatever she can to get things straight. She is trying to get things clean and trying to get things done.

Anonymous101308450 January 29, 2015

The apartments were small at Fountainview, and I did not like the area. It had buildings all around it. You had to call for a cart to take you over to dinner or go to a gym, and I thought it was not for us. The dining areas were lovely. It was nicely set up, but I have not eaten there. The staff was very nice, but I did not like the facility.

Caring97549750 December 06, 2014

Mom is at Fountainview, and the facility is very clean. It?s a very good place. They keep the grounds very nice, and they have ample staff. She has a one bedroom apartment, and it?s more than enough for what she needs. They offer a lot of activities -- everything from bingo, cards, and taking people out during the day. They also have a medical facility there. They offer full services. My mom likes the food.

Caring95496550 October 16, 2014

Fountainview is very, very nice for independent living. My parents were in their assisted living. The dining room in their assisted living is very small, and they really didn’t have enough room for the people. Mom is more independent than my dad, and she liked to eat in the independent living's dining room. It was nicer and they have more choices, they have more courses, and the people were more conversational. They were happy with the facility. They had a two-bedroom apartment with a balcony. They could see a fountain from the balcony.

Mr. Levine July 31, 2014

My dad had stayed at the Fountainview and everything was fine when he was there. It was a great adult oriented community. The staff was resident oriented. They had a clubhouse and a maintained lake. They had a dining facility. They had a library. They had events and activities like bingo and ice cream social in addition to religion. I would highly recommend this facility for any aging individual.

Mary88779050 July 10, 2014

Mother is in Fountainview. She's in assisted living. The thing is, we can't really afford it. My mother has been there for over a year. She has a 1-bedroom. I bought the microwave, and she has a stove and a refrigerator. It has a really small living area, and she has a bathroom with a shower and everything that fits for her. It's very nice there. She's on the fifth floor and they have balconies, and she's right over a couple of ponds. It's beautiful; all you see is water. They have a rehab center.

It's almost $4,000 a month, and you have to pay for people to go with her to appointments, and we have to pay them for giving them medications. The staff is very nice; the food is excellent. She goes to all the activities. They have a little exercise and stretching. They read to them the local news. She plays bingo, pokeno. They have movies. People will come in where her area is and play the piano. They take them out to eat. They take them on rides to just see things, like Christmas. They take them to the ocean. They take them to the mall right down the street. I'm just happy she's happy. They have a card room, computers, arts and crafts. They make some of the nicest things. They have shuffleboard, a putting green, a tennis court.

I have some issues with them. They haven't fixed their ice machines, and they were supposed to do that before. They found some bugs in her room, so the bug guy came in. She didn't get her bedspread back. They washed it and she never got it back.

Seymore2 June 30, 2014

I was very favorably impressed with Fountainview. It was beautiful and the location was excellent. The young ladies that gave me and my daughter a tour were very knowledgeable, forthright and answered all our questions. The staff was attentive. The apartments were beautiful. It was very large, bright and open with a full kitchen and a nice area for kitchen table. The hallways were very nice and wide and so as the elevator. The laundry facilities were convenient. The dining room was very nice with big panoramic windows. We had lunch there. The food was excellent and was served beautifully. The service was excellent. The pool area was beautiful. However, I felt like their theater area wasn't large enough for their residents. I was considering making a move there. The reason I hadn't done so was the price.

Caring78239850 June 17, 2014

My son and daughter-in-law have been to Fountainview, and they liked it. That's why they brought me there, and I was very happy with the reception that I had. The facility seemed very nice. It was clean. It was very well kept inside and outside. It was very professional, and yet it wasn't stuffy. The people seemed very happy there. We were there when they were starting a very early dinner, and everybody seemed fine. I would consider it in the future.

Wendy20 March 27, 2014

I only have the highest accolades for Fountainview. The facilities are beautiful. The people are warm, friendly and caring. The food is tasty. My parents have gone through some crises and they're back on their feet again, so there was enough care. I think as a facility, there was enough care. My parents are 94 years old, and they are living the fullest life they can.

They have entertainment almost every night: cultural, popular, professor lectures and movies. They have a little bit of dancing for Valentines or Veterans' Day. On everyone's birthday, there's something special.

Seymore December 30, 2013

bigalbie October 09, 2013

I have a two bedroom, two bath, living room and kitchen. What I like best about the facility is the price. People here are very nice: the food is good; the accommodations are good. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Barry3 June 13, 2013

Everybody was extremely helpful and nice at Fountainview. I had no complaints at all. My mom is very contented there.

Ava5 May 22, 2013

I liked Fountainview very much. But the facility was too big for my father who is blind. It was also too far away. But they were very helpful and very nice. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

mullensmary May 12, 2013

I and my husband were to stay one night to try out the Fountain View and are both are in wheelchairs and I have a service dog. Things management reviewed with us in our initial meeting: Scooters are not permitted on the covered-bridges in the complex, unless it is raining; We will have to get liability insurance for the scooters; They asked is my service dog would be going with us to the dining room, my husband mentioned ADA gives us the right for her to go everywhere with us & management proceeded to explain that, this is a private property and do not have to follow ADA, & he mentioned he makes the rules; He asked if we would be willing to remove the dog from the apartment when the cleaning ladies come to clean the apartment? The complex is not ADA compliant, (Built in 1980's); They have a problem with people not picking up after their dogs & we would be fined for the 1st infraction & asked to leave for the 2nd time; Bathrooms were not big enough for a wheelchair.

The McCollums February 22, 2013

Outstanding tour of this facility left us with no unanswered questions. Mr. Boatwright and his staff provide a wonderful environment, and it is evident that the residents are happy and busy enjoying the variety of ammenities that are offered.

Er4556 August 21, 2012

This assisted living facility was very nice. It seemed though, that every time we visited before the move in, they were doing construction on the elevators. Overall, the staff was very accommodating and had no trouble befriending my grandmother. She has early onset Alzheimer's, and needs someone to sit with her and help her do daily tasks. Every one of the nurses that cared for her was always in good spirits and told stories of the memories she shared with them. She loves doing crossword puzzles and always sits in the common area with a friend she met across the hall. They have some very nice activities planned for the residents and the overall facilities look very accommodating.

commercesd April 25, 2012

Knowing that we would be in the area, we decided to make an appointment to see the Fountainview assisted living facility. The grounds were all well manicured - with plenty of areas for residents to enjoy.

They've always liked that area - and my friend's mother had expressed that she liked it as well. My friend's family has members spread through the region, so this location would be ideal for visiting her.

We were shown all of the common areas, all of which were really nice. We really liked how well the staff was prepared for our visit.

The dining room was really lovely - as were all the adjacent communal areas. The lunch meal we saw was really great.

Despite the fact that they were made to be healthy, the snacks all looked like they tasted really good. They offered everything from specially designed and prepared baked goods to fruits, vegetables and delicious puddings.

There were plenty of scheduled and non-scheduled activities to choose from, including art fairs, beach walks, dining, music venues, theater and other stimulating events.

Fountainview looked like a really great place where my friend's mother could live well in her later years.

From Fountainview

Fountainview offers compassionate senior care in West Palm Beach, FL. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Fountainview shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in West Palm Beach, FL.

Features of Fountainview