Marian Manor

5345 Marian Lane, Virginia Beach, VA, 23462

Reviews of Marian Manor

Ken39 February 23, 2015

My mother is staying in Marian Manor. I came across it through various people. It is part of St. Gregory Catholic Church. My mother was very impressed. We had a meal, and she got to order a meal. She was impressed with the people because they were very nice. She has met some people, she's gotten involved, and she is very pleased. We have eaten there twice, and the meals were very good. The staff is very helpful to her. They talk to her all the time. They are very happy and very friendly. She is in a private room. She has a twin bed, an easy chair, TV, two dressers, a refrigerator, and plenty of closet space. She is very happy with it. She has been participating in bingo and cards. She also is getting some therapy, and she does a lot of walking.

Althea1 February 10, 2015

Marian Manor was busy. I could tell the staff seemed happy to be there. The kitchen staff was friendly. When you walked in, it was like an expensive living room, and even though the rooms were small, it was still painted nicely. They had their own bathroom. The staff was friendly, and it was just warm. You go in, and then you had the rooms on the left, the office on the left. You come through, there was so much room, and it was nice like a restaurant. You could go outside if you wanted. They had gazebos set up and tables if you want to go outside. It was nice.

Susan88225550 August 30, 2014

Marian Manor would have cost me over $5,000 a month and of that $5,000, I would have had to take $2,000 out of my assets every month to have enough money to pay for my rent. There was no room to show -- however I was in there several times to see patients who were in hospice, so I was able to see that they have a dining room. It looks probably about 15 years old. It was gorgeous when it was first opened, now it looks OK. I just felt like they were the most expensive.

They do offer money once you run out of money if you’ve been there for four years, as it is run by the Catholic Church, and they provide you with enough money to live there. That was a plus, but then I felt as though I was trapped, that I had to go there, and that made me anxious and annoyed. I continued to figure out and talk to people, and that’s how I came to believe that I could live in independent living with very limited assistance.

It’s assisted living and I think they have different steps or levels of care, so it depends on what you need. As your care needs go up, so does your rent, like anywhere. In assisted living, if you just need help buttoning your clothes, then you pay a lot less then if you need a bath and help getting dressed. Even though I am an insulin-dependent diabetic, they automatically put me in the first level of care, so everything is ala carte. I just felt that if I could put that off for as long as I could and save the money, that I’m saving to add to my assets. I’d be much better off down the road when I do have to have assisted living. The people that I came in contact with seemed to be very nice. The residents who hat talked to me said you’ve lot it here. They’re residents who have been there for a long time, so the waiting list is long.

Danielle3 January 24, 2014

Marian Manor was very nice. The staff was nice and they seem very endearing and passionate about the work that they do.

About Marian Manor

Marian Manor is an assisted living facility in Virginia Beach, VA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Marian Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Marian Manor