St. Paul's Villa

2340 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, CA, 92101

Contact Now

Reviews of St. Paul's Villa

Caring7317 November 15, 2014

I already placed my husband in St. Paul's Villa (St. Paul Senior Homes and Services). He has been there for a month now. I'm happy with the facility, and I think my husband is beginning to settle in pretty well. He seems to be doing well, and I'm pleased with the care he is getting. I felt that all of the people that I talked with and I had dealings with were very caring and helpful. They wanted to assist me in whatever they could. They're very giving of their time in explaining things. So I was pleased with all of the people that I worked with there. Everything is always very clean every time I go in. I check my husband's room, his bathroom, and his clothes, and everything is always neat, tidy, and clean. His laundry is done every week. It is clean and well taken care of. It is an older facility, but it is kept up very well. My husband seems to participate in everything. They have things going on all the time. He seems to enjoy going to all of them, particularly the music program that they have. It is a really nice place. It is an urban facility, and there are no grounds or gardens. They do go out walking everyday, but they walk just in the neighborhoods, but they did take them to parks for picnics.

Caring1008 May 22, 2013

St. Paul's Senior Homes is in a multi-story building. I liked it very much, and I was impressed by the people there. It's nice but it's also an assisted living facility. The people in memory care are locked in their floor and they can't come down.

tfinvold90 April 10, 2012

Step grandmother was staying here on a temporary basis until moving her to arizona. She was in need of help due to a fall during last feburary and severe dehydration, while living here she had been receiving physical therapy but not through this facility directly. The location was clean, maintenance staff, clerical (receptionist) was friendly and guided my family and I to her quarters quickly and promptly with a smile. There was a large public cafeteria but I hadn't explored all the amenities, I knew there was a game room and that is about all. It didn't seem like an abusive facility like many other senior homes appear to be, but then again I wasn't the one living there.

anonymous55 July 18, 2011

While my family and I were considering moving to California, we visited various facilities and St. Paul Senior Homes and Services was one of the facilities we ended up touring. Because my grandfather wasn't too comfortable with the idea of moving out of our home, St. Paul's outstanding and generous employees informed us of their St. Pauls PACE program. The program offered us a way for my grandfather to live at home while a caregiver would come to our own home and give him medications, check ups, prepare meals, and care for him in a way that our family sometimes would be unable to do because of schooling and work. Although we decided against moving to California (and staying in Arizona), the outstanding staff and volunteers of St. Pauls really extended a helping hand to us and assured us that if my grandfather were to be part of their program, that he would be in great hands. We had no doubts of that and there was an instant trust between our family and their employees. We loved the idea of the living at home, and while we decided to stay in Arizona, I definitely would recommend St. Pauls to anyone living in the San Diego, California area because from my familys experience, we definitely loved it. The best part is that we were able to donate money to their program in order to help them out, in turn of them helping us out as well. Definitely 5 stars!

From St. Paul's Villa

Villa residents enjoy a relaxing atmosphere with an array of daily activities, weekly live music, scheduled outings and delectable dining all while feeling secure that professional assistance is there when needed. The Villa fosters independence for each resident by respecting their right to privacy and treating them like the extraordinary individuals. St. Paul’s Villa was recently recognized for being a top San Diego assisted living community in Southern California by the Union Tribune.We believe in creating a home-like atmosphere through our Resident-centered, individualized approach to memory care and living. Staff is specifically trained to work with Residents experiencing different stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia. With careful evaluation at move-in, consultation with family and ongoing monitoring, we learn each Resident’s individual memory care needs and interests in order to create the most enriching, fun and joyous day-to-da y life possible. This allows family and friends to visit and enjoy their time together as the valued loved ones and guests they are. St. Paul’s Villa offers a daily schedule full of activities and resources for seniors in our memory care department.

Private studio and one-bedroom apartments complement the various amenities provided including a 24-hour certified nursing staff, three delicious meals served daily by our superb waitstaff, an activities schedule that has something for everyone (much more than just bingo) and transportation to restaurants, shopping and medical appointments. A library, beauty salon, and chapel with weekly Episcopal, Catholic, and multi-faith services are also all within the assisted living community.

Features of St. Paul's Villa

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,734/month