Basecost

Cost

Starting at $2,075/mo. (AL) Starting at $4,150/mo. (ALZ)

Payment

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Laurels & The Haven in Stone Oak

The Laurels & The Haven in Stone Oak, an assisted living and Alzheimer's and dementia care residence, is located in beautiful, historic San Antonio, Texas.

The Laurels

The Laurels is among the finest assisted living residences anywhere. The architectural design, layout, and decor are superb; the multiple levels of care and activities provide customized care for each individual resident; and every member of The Laurels in Stone Oak staff is a dedicated professional. The Laurels offers a variety of floor plans with an array of living options, as well as multiple dining, recreational, service, and social areas -- all beautifully appointed and decorated.

Wide, well-lit hallways and a well-designed floor plan make all areas handicap accessible. The landscaped grounds include gardens, playgrounds, and visiting areas.

The Haven

The Haven is an assisted living residence designed, programmed, and staffed for individuals with early, middle, and late stages of Alzheimer's and dementia. Tailored to enhance dignity and foster independence, The Haven has licensed and offers a progressive approach, which encourages family participation through care planning, education, special events, and support groups.

This 40,000-square foot assisted living residence is separated into two main areas - The Public House and The Private House. The Public House contains the business office, kitchen area, an activity/community room, and other meeting areas. The Private House is dedicated completely to the comfort and well-being of our residents and contains three assisted living neighborhoods - each designed for the early, middle, or late stages of Alzheimer's and dementia; a dining and sitting area as well as a TV room; a spa; and Main Street, which includes an ice cream parlor, a beauty salon, and other life skills areas reminiscent of 1940s Main Street America.

Reviews of The Laurels & The Haven in Stone Oak

Posted by daustin888 February 25, 2015
4.0

Nothing's perfect, but I'm pleased with The Haven and the Laurels in Stone Oak. My husband has been there for 10 weeks now. It has great wallpaper. We wished they had more aides. The care is more important than the wallpaper, but it's very nice and clean. They treated him well; we just need more caregivers. They are so compassionate and kind. I'm very pleased with that part. He has a shared room enough for two people. They have a chef on-duty, and their food is very good. He doesn't do any activities, but they do have lots of things; they take bus drives, they go to the library, they have bingo and crafts -- there is something going on everyday for the ones that can.

Posted by Caring101156150 January 24, 2015

The Laurels & The Haven was recommended by my doctor and a couple of people I knew. The rooms are fine. The people were accommodating during my visit. My impression was that it is very clean and very well run. They seem to have plenty of staff.

Posted by Cherri2 December 28, 2014

We visited The Laurels at Stone Oak. We really like this place. Mother seemed to like it too. However, the apartments were small compared to what Mother is used to. We thought everyone was very friendly and very good. Everyone talked to us from the recreational director to the nurse. We ate lunch there, and the chef came out and talked to us. We had a great experience there. They were having a big Veterans Day with the guard marching in.

Posted by Caring95583950 November 14, 2014

I'm at The Laurels (The Laurels and The Haven in Stone Oak), and I love it. My pastor recommended it. Everything runs beautifully over here. The dining area is good. We have a wonderful chef. I love it here. I love the food. The staff is wonderful. The security is wonderful. We have GPS monitors. I was in the laundry room a little bit too long here a couple of nights ago, and they sent somebody upstairs to see if I was OK.

Posted by Caring95191650 September 30, 2014

We’ve moved into The Laurels & The Haven. It’s very clean. It’s a very nice facility. Everybody has been wonderful. We have a 2-bedroom: it’s very nice and very adequate. They have 3 meals a day. The food is very good; the dining facility is fine. We love it here.

Posted by Bobbie Sena February 28, 2014

The Laurels was perfect. You could not find a thing wrong. Everything was just super clean, super beautiful, neat, delicious food, nice people and wonderful environment. On a surface of it, just visiting you would think it's perfect. I went for lunch and an interview. I liked that it's right by the hospital, doctors, and dentist that I used. I liked that very much. But I know better. I know that you have to live in a place to know what it's really like.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd June 07, 2012
4.0

While driving through San Antonio, we decided to stop in and visit The Laurels in Stone Oak, since we were looking for an assisted living facility where my brother's friend could live.

We were impressed that they could accommodate our last-minute visit. The area is very convenient for the family.

The main area seemed clean and well tended, and the decor was quite nice and fresh. The facility was well tended and very nice for seniors and they receive the level of care and supervision they need.

The food we saw looked very appetizing. The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like in addition to hosting guests in their own spaces. The choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks offered continually.

The variety of activities offered was impressive. Just about any hobby you might have can be accommodated and many more. The staff goes out of its way to suggest stimulating things to do, from reading, to playing games and enjoying outings in the community.

The living suites were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. The rooms we viewed were all very clean, well-kept and inviting - kind of resembling what you might find at a nice bed and breakfast.

We liked the exercise room where they had yoga mats and machines. They also have scheduled classes for those who are interested.

We felt that this is a facility where anyone can live well in their later years.

Posted by katiebobatie December 07, 2011

I went to nearby Reagan high school, so I could frequently visit. I've heard so many horror stories about assisted living homes, but this one is ridiculously nice. What first struck me about the facility was how beautiful and clean it was. Where my great aunt was staying, there were individual apartments. My great aunt had carefully arranged hers, and it seemed a lot like her home, only different. When I would visit, we'd tour the grounds, enjoying the gardens and hang out by the playground. My great aunt always seemed to be in the middle of scheduled activities, many of which seemed more fun that anything I was doing at school. It also always comforted me that the facility is literally a stone's throw away from a major hospital. My great aunt passed away recently, but I'm happy she spent her last few years there, among her many friends, surrounded by life, activity and beauty.

Location of The Laurels & The Haven in Stone Oak