The Towers Retirement Community

7015 Carnation Street, Richmond, VA, 23225

Reviews of The Towers Retirement Community

Aaron6 September 25, 2015

The rooms at the Towers were 30% bigger. It's 650sq.ft versus 400sq.ft with the other facility we visited. Price was anywhere between $600 to $800 less per month. Security around is excellent. I had no issues at all. They had transportation, exercises and the food was very good. Mom feels more secure now.

jrb May 25, 2015

Our mother was a resident. While there, it was recommended that she move on to a locked unit. While there, she ate less and was not participating in any activities. We had to hire a companion for her and supply Ensure. We overheard some staff using profanity on several occasions. We also overheard nursing staff in s discussion about another resident (we were in the general living area). The documentation on whether someone had their insulin. They also mentioned that their blood glucose levels were over 600. When we asked for records, we were never able to get them. They were in a location where it would take "a long time to find them". These records were less than a year old. After relocation, our mother is doing well on an unlocked unit. She's eating and participating in activities. Some staff are good but they end up leaving.

Sharon38 December 30, 2013

We’ve seen The Towers in Richmond and we really like the facility. It was very nice. That was probably one of our first choices. The staff was wonderful.

lindsaybeeee June 22, 2012

When I walked in the lobby, it was very nice. It was all decorated for Christmas already, even though it was only Thanksgiving. I think that is a good sign, because it puts me under the impression that they are cheery around the old-folks, and care about Holidays and having families visiting. The furniture and other objects in the lobby were also extremely nice. The furniture was antique and so beautiful. I would have loved to have furniture like that in my home, it was very luxurious. We then proceeded to the elevators and went upstairs to my boyfriend's grnadmothers' rooms. They were a very nice size and one of them was heavily decorated. They each had about three rooms including a private bathroom, which I liked. The room we had dinner in was a very nice size as well. I liked the fact that they had seperate rooms for meetings or dinner and it was just my boyfriend's family and me there, no strangers. That was also slightly impressive, and made things a lot less awkward.

C. Cain March 10, 2012

The Towers has the feeling of an old hotel when you enter the lobby. The staff and residents are friendly and courteous. The individual apartments are quite spacious and nice! The one bedroom apartment my mom lives in has a private bathroom and separate bedroom. She loves to grow houseplants in the sunny windows. Her view includes the raised garden beds maintained by the residents, and plenty of flowers planted by The Towers. There's also a nice gazebo where the chef grills for special menues (like Labor Day!), and it also serves as a shady place to sit and rest outside. My Mom has lived there for a year and a half, and in that time she has made a lot of friends and participated in many of the organized activities. Meals are served in a dining room (where white linen is used for dinner). When my mom first got there, the food was quite good. Lately it's been hit or miss. Finally, I do like the way this facility encourages family visits and involvement. I have visited my mom several times for multiple days, and I have always felt welcomed and comfortable. The Towers provides exercise classes nearly every day and church services for several denominations. My mom has used the van shuttle service included on several occasions for shopping trips or doctor appointments. She's right next door to a hospital, so that's a comfort given her multiple medical issues. It was the clean and friendly atmosphere that convinced my family that this was a great place for mom to live, but it has been the friendships and experiences that keep mom here. I hope she can live out her life here, because this is truly her HOME!

LifeStrong June 10, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

While we were all initially nervous to take the step toward assisted living, my mother and we, her children, were soon put at ease by the cleanliness and friendliness of The Towers assisted living facility. We didn't know what to expect going in (having really only seen these places in the movies), but it's safe to say that it was well beyond our expectations, and this feeling of relief was helped along by a very well put-together tour by a very understanding tour guide. Our mother's only been a resident for a month now, but she has no complaints - the food is good, the staff is professional and genuinely seems to care about her wellbeing, and her companions at The Towers all get along with her well. The only thing we've noticed is that sometimes the janitor will snicker behind the residents' backs, but we've filed a complaint and hopefully this'll be taken care of soon.

From The Towers Retirement Community

For those who want their own space. Their own friends. Their own schedule. And their own voice in making life exactly as they want it to be. What should it feel like when you walk in to a retirement and assisted living community? You should feel welcome, cozy, and you might think to yourself "this is a place that I could learn to call home."

That's the feeling you get when you walk into the warm and inviting lobby at The Towers. Our receptionist looks forward to greeting you and the sales team is here to show you around and answer all your questions about The Towers and any other topics related to moving to a retirement and assisted living community.

Features of The Towers Retirement Community

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy