Regency Park Assisted Living | Portland, OR

8300 SW Barnes Rd, Portland, OR, 97225

Reviews of Regency Park Assisted Living | Portland, OR

Nora4 August 22, 2015

I was able to visit Regency Park, and it was a very beautiful building -- very nice and progressive looking -- but it wasn’t the right place for my mom. The staff seemed nice and lovely.

Becky33 May 06, 2015

I was very pleased with Regency Assisted Living. The hallways were nice and wide. The staff was extremely friendly. The people that lived there were extremely happy. I felt like people got more personal because they weren't quite as large. The kitchen and dining area was clean. The rooms were very clean as well.

Never again15 March 10, 2015

People should get what they pay for; in this case, I don't think it matters. It's horrible. and I wouldn't place my dog here. The clients to worker ratio is too high and there's not enough time to give the patients what they deserve (cleanliness and simple hygiene). On a personal level the "Staff" is rude and unhelpful. They "just want a paycheck". Just let me say RUN, as fast as you can in the Opposite direction and go someplace else. Frankly, any place is better than here... trust me.

sad and sad March 05, 2015

saddened after admitting a relative to the memory unit. post stroke she couldn't walk. she would ring her bell..when no one answered, she tried to stand up to go to the bathroom. to prevent further falls, they wheelchair het to her three meals, then lay her on the couches in the common area. the couches were short so she couldn't move without help. In five days while visiting our relative was not bathed once, and she wore the same socks for 4 days. Ambulatory patients would walk up and take her belongings, she would scream "help", because she couldn't get up, and it frightened her. So they put her on a "behavior program" to justify charging more money. ALSO, there were NO activities other than one night they turned on the TV moved the wheelchairs to the front of the TV, so those laying on couches could not see the TV. She had a TV in her own room, but couldn't be in her own bed due to lack of staff to monitor her bathroom needs. They provide "CUSTODIAL CARE" which to me is admitting these patients are being warehoused, as staff takes a 4 hour inservice within 30 days of hire. No one has to be Medically trained.(NO Physical Therapy, NO Occupational Therapy, Even the people passing med.s are not nurses, and hold no licence or knowledge of most med.s including and side effects, or EPS. no exercise class to save those limbs that atrophy without use.

Vicki30 December 09, 2014

Regency Park had a very large buy-in expense, and that was one of the main reasons we were kind of turned off by it. The place was very nice and newly renovated; I would have liked it. It was very close to me, it’s a lot closer than where she ended up but she really likes where she is, and she felt like Regency Park had no view at all. The staff was fine, the food was good, and the dining room was beautiful.

Caring97832250 November 30, 2014

The only one we looked at was Regency Park, and we settled on it the same day. It’s close to the hospital. The staff is good. I like that they hold monthly meetings with various staff. There are very little activities in the memory care. The room is outstanding. It’s pretty small, but there are 2 people like a 2-bedroom. It works out well. They had mechanical food when my parents first got there, and that was terrible. They switched them to finger foods, and it was good.

Barbara Thompson August 30, 2014

I liked Regency Park. I thought it was very nice. It looked like there was a lot of interaction between the staff and the people living there. The person that I talked to was very helpful, answered all my questions and was very pleasant to talk to.

Robyn72284461 February 28, 2014

Regency Park didn't have everything that the other facility had but that was our second choice for my father. They did have an extensive memory care, so we considered that one as well. I like best its uplifting atmosphere. They did have a lot of different things going on in the building as well as activities that really reach out to a lot of different people. They have outside grounds that were pretty and nicely kept. It also seemed that they have a lot of field trips for their residents. I was really happy with it. They just didn't have maybe as extensive as indoor activities or gathering areas for different things compared to the other facility.

Coleen2 May 31, 2013

My father did many overnights in Regency Park while we're on vacation. My intention was to move him there, but I changed my mind. They had lost so much staff and have high turnover. I wonder if they're not a good company to work for because of this. They were so disorganized. The place though was beautiful and nice. The rooms and foods were also nice. They just need to resolve their staff issues.

PapasGirl1 June 22, 2012

I was impressed by the modern feel of the facility. It seemed clean and professional. The level of care was adjusted based on the level of independence exhibited by the patient. In my grandfathers case, he was glad to have some level of independence, despite the fact that he still needed occasional care. The facility is also located in a nice area of Portland, with easy access to the freeway. We were able to take my grandfather for day trips in Portland without too much hassle. My one complaint would be that once it was established that he could care for himself, he was mostly left alone during the day to fend for himself. There was a strong level of community interaction between the residents, and I was glad he could interact with his peers. I'm sorry that he has since passed, but I would definitely use this facility again if I found myself in a similar situation.

A Gerontologist September 09, 2011

This facility, which offers both assisted living and memory care, is located near St. Vincent Medical Center, which has a good reputation for care. The campus is in the northwest hills of Portland in a residential neighborhood, and has a restful feeling.

It is newly remodeled"”and they did a good job, updating the furniture and giving the place a more spacious and airy look. They also made an effort with coffee bistro areas, with have nice seating. The place as a whole is not overly fancy, but feels comfortable and pleasant.

There are 104 assisted living units, and memory care with 40 beds on the ground floor"”two sections depending on level of function. The sections are joined by an activities room, but each side has its own dining room.

I had a client who had difficult behavioral problems"”and the administrator and the other staff were all very knowledgeable about potential needs and care, conducting a very thorough assessment and trying to make accommodations; very professional.

In other interactions, too, the administrator has been very thoughtful, and the care in the facility is good. The nursing staff has been there a long time"”and is knowledgeable and caring.

The food is good, varied with different options offered"”and the staff is also knowledgeable about snacks and nutrition.

The price is in the medium range--$4,500 monthly for memory care, with an entry fee of one month's rent.

RitzBlink June 01, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

The Regency park assisted living facility for seniors, is a recommendable facility. I was on a short visit to drop on a friend of my grandma, who was recovering from an illness.

The reception was good and the staff were prompt. The residents were happy and looked contended. There were staff members ready to assist anyone in need. My grandma's friend had a specialized staff allotted to her to help in her speedy recovery.

It was a place where people where given their independence. There was a separate unit dedicated for the care of people with dementia. People who needed constant medical attention were also helped at this facility.

Overall I found the place to be supportive and catered to the specific needs of each individual resident.

From Regency Park Assisted Living

At Regency Park, our residents awake each morning knowing they have control over whatever lies ahead. Each day is as active, inspiring and as serene as they want it to be. After all, our philosophy is to encourage an active senior lifestyle that supports privacy and dignity.

Regency Park, adjacent to Providence St. Vincent Hospital in the heart of Portland, is considered the area’s premier attentive senior retirement community. We’re just minutes from the Oregon Zoo, downtown Portland, Washington Square Mall, Tigard, Milwaukie, Beaverton and more. But travel isn’t always necessary because the opportunities for socializing, exercise, happy hour, learning, dancing, watching a movie or simply relaxing are virtually endless right here.

Regency Park was designed inside and out to nurture and stimulate the senses and foster a sense of independence. From our convenient, wooded location to the pet-friendly environment that includes a free-roaming dog named Gypsee, we feature a comprehensive list of amenities, including:

• Great location in Portland
  • 11-hour dining
  • Stainless steel appliances
  • Weekly housekeeping and laundry
  • Social, cultural and recreational activities
  • Scheduled local transportation
  • 24-hour staffing
  • All interior and exterior maintenance
•Wellness program •Full-service beauty salon •Dance floor •Cooking classes •Theatre room for private events •Bistro happy hour twice per week •Friday socials

Features of Regency Park Assisted Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Housing extra: 1-bedroom apartments w/den
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,550/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)

• State License(s): 1181759118