Palos Verdes Senior Living

18441 N. 87th Ave., Peoria, AZ, 85382

Reviews of Palos Verdes Senior Living

Michael113326750 September 15, 2015

We went to Palos Verdes. They were all pleasant people. They were nice. Activities were about the same. They have card rooms, pool tables, and theater. Everybody has a little bit of something that they could get into. Palos Verdes was very nice. It was very well kept. Maintenance was very nice. There was no dirty carpet or anything. It was a nice place.

Ellen47 August 12, 2015

I heard from two other people who have had their parents at Palos Verdes Senior Living that it was a wonderful place. They have a transitional memory care unit, so there's a step-in between assisted living and total memory care. They have tremendous activities there. They have happy hour, live entertainment, movies everyday, exercise classes, and a pool, and they take people out for lunch. They have a doctor that comes in and meets with my mother, but he comes right to their room and comes in twice a week.

Linda110566450 July 07, 2015

I checked out Palos Verdes, and this was a three-storey building. They had a nice lunch area, a beauty shop, and all what the other ones had. We were impressed when we walked in, but she would have to have somebody help her get to the elevator -- up and down the elevator -- and then to her apartment. It was not an easy place to get around in. I said, "You know, if she is up here on the second or third floor, she is not going to be able to remember which way to turn when she gets off the elevator. She is going to be walking around in circles trying to find her apartment, and if you have people that constantly have to help her, then that is extra money every time they take her up or take her down. There is no way for her to go outside without going all the way down to the bottom, there is no patio, there is nothing like that, and she didn't have a window. It is a one-room with a window and a bathroom. And the view from this window is overlooking the parking garage, and it is not a very pretty view. It is kind of boring."

I am not impressed with the elevator and having to worry about elevators. I also noticed that a lot of people there were very capable of getting around. They have pets, which I think is fine, but I don't think pets belong in an assisted living facility. There was a lady sitting there with her two little dogs, so he was still capable of going up to her room, coming down from her room, and walking the dogs, but I didn't notice a lot of people in walkers, wheelchairs, and things like that. I didn't see a whole lot of people really going around either, so I don’t know.

Caring105535250 June 30, 2015

Palos Verdes was fine. The staff seemed OK. They had a studio apartment. It was a large open room with big closet and a kitchen space with a microwave, a sink, a full size refrigerator, and cabinets. They had a private bathroom with a walk-in shower and a closet space in the bathroom as well. The food was good. The dining area was set up like a restaurant with a menu, and they place an order. They had specials every day.

For their activities, they had stretch and mobility classes, movie nights, card playing, bingo, and a small arts & crafts section.

Patty38 October 31, 2014

The one I went to is Palos Verdes. It’s for my mother. We ended up going to the memory care. I would recommend that for people who need memory care. It’s nice and big, but the memory care is relatively small; it has 18 beds. They have their own little dining facilities in the memory care. There are a lot of activities. They play bingo and card games, and they have a big TV with movies. She’s got her own little room; it fits a single bed, and there’s a little sitting area. She has her own little bathroom. People are very nice and bright. The staff is very nice, very good to her, and very knowledgeable. We are very pleased. My mother said the food is good; she likes it. It’s a very nice place. We recommend it highly. What really impressed me was the woman who got us in there. We were on a short time frame because the place we had been planning to go didn’t think she should go there, but she was great. The administration was very good to get her in there.

TomfromPeoria April 10, 2014

They just raised rent with little notice by 18%...$475 more a month, almost $6000.00 more a year, but only after getting the $1800 up front fees that are non-refundable. I would stay away from this place if I were looking for a new place for my loved one....

Virginia14 December 31, 2013

When my mom walked through the door of Palos Verdes Senior Living, she felt comfortable. The place was about two years old so it was really nice. We were there for about four hours and we saw a lot. The residents were out and about and it did not feel like a place where people were handicapped. The price range was pretty much standard. The only drawback was they did not have a place with a two bedroom and two bath in the assisted living, only in the independent living.

Kathryn's daughter from CO December 13, 2013

My Mother loves Palos Verdes Senior Living. She was very ill and while she was in the hospital I had to make the decision to move her into an assisted living facility. Palos Verdes met all of my requirements. My Mom has a beautiful 1 bedroom apartment. She is able to keep her small dog with her, although she is using their facility's dog walking service until she recovers. She loves the food and is enjoying meeting the other residents. Dan from Palos Verdes was easy to work with in getting all the paperwork squared away so I could get my Mom moved in before she got out of the hospital. The facility helped me hang drapery rods so I could make her new home cozy. It was easy for me to hook up her TVs and computer to the cable and Wi-Fi networks provided by Palos Verdes. Now that she is feeling better she is looking forward to moving to independent living at Palos Verdes.

Bjackson43 November 28, 2013

This review is based purely on my personal experience. My mom's happiness means the most to our family, and she has been very happy living at Palos Verdes these last 3 years. The staff and facilities are always bright and welcoming. I have visited a few other places in town, but they all seemed rather drab and outdated compared to P.V. I am in and out of P.V. regularly and have never been concerned with the care or surroundings. My mom has expressed some disappointment in the menu from time to time, but that can happen anywhere. As a family we have eaten there many times with her and have found it quite enjoyable. Dan was the first person we met when we dropped in 3 years ago. He was wonderful, and made us feel at home. Over time, we have met the rest of the staff and find them to be equally caring and supportive. At 91, Mom is still going strong so we expect to continue a long and happy relationship with Palos Verdes!

Mary65242250 August 15, 2013

Palos Verdes Senior Living was a very nice place. The staff were very accommodating. They had the usual activities like in the other facilities. There was also a beauty salon, restaurant and people who took care of the medications. I thought the food was kind of bland but I guessed that was for seniors.

Iteves May 22, 2013

I was quite surprised by the lack of interest of the nursing director when I brought a concern about my elderly mother. Her attitude was that of indifference and the young man that follows her around I assume is another employee as I have seen them several times sitting in a car in the parking lot. Perhaps that time should be spent on the care of the residents and listening to the family's concerns. The facility is state of the art, and the caregivers are wonderful, but something needs to be done about the unprofessional behavior of the afore mentioned.

rebmak80 February 29, 2012

I just recently visited this assisted-living facility with my daughter's girl scout troop. The girl scouts were to provide a few hymns to sing for some of the residents that lived there. It was a very well decorated place. The outside was very well planted and clean. The entrance wasn't anything too special and the halls kind of reminded me of a hospital. However, the dining room was very formally set up. The residents seemed to have a lot of freedom to go where the wanted throughout the facility, along with an employee of course. I didn't like the smell at all. It almost make me sick, it might have been the smell of the food they were making in the kitchen but I didn't find it pleasurable. The staff were always on board to helping any residents and having a good attitude. Overall, I think it was a nice, comfortable, affordable facility.

Emmyrose November 04, 2011

This is a brand new facility just built. The 2 story builfing id beautiful and the grounds. There is a large gazebo in the front and trees, shrubs, flowers, and greenery.They have a courtyard and patio with walk ways and sitting areas.

They have 140 studio and one bedroom for independent living and 52 assisted with partial kitchens. All are handicapped equipped with emergency call system.

They offer housekeeping and linen service.

They have two dining rooms. They do restaurant style service and offer a good variety. The food is good.

They have doctors who come in and a nurse on duty and on call for memory care and assisted. The caregivers are all certified. They have a beautician and barber. They have an activity area, sitting rooms with fireplace, and a movie area. The interior is nicely decorated and clean.

They do lots of activities as exercise program, water aerobics in the pool, bingo. games. birthday parties, karaoke, and live entertainment. They go shopping, casinos, lunches, and other events.

This is a very nice staff and community.

From Palos Verdes Senior Living

Palos Verdes Senior Living offers premier senior living in Peoria, Arizona. At Palos Verdes, we pride ourselves in delivering the highest standard of care for our residents. We also strive to facilitate independent living among our residents, offering the autonomy they need to lead a healthy, happy life. We specialize in Independent living, Assisted living, Transitional Memory care and Alzheimer's and Dementia/Memory care. It's all part of our continuum of care, Spectrum's holistic approach to senior living. We concentrate on every aspect of care, from the environment to the staff to activity programs. We know that there's more to a great retirement than a nice place to live. It takes a community centered on health, happiness and vibrancy. It takes a staff that respects individuality and freedom. It takes programs that create a rich, stimulating environment. At Palos Verdes we do it all.

We offer anytime dining so our independent living residents can enjoy a meal when it is convenient for them. We also off the Residence Club for those individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment. This program is for those that are not quite in need of a memory care neighborhood.

Features of Palos Verdes Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,275/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Financial guidance extra: Medicaid not accepted
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): AL8268