Summit at New Port Richey

5539 Charles Street, New Port Richey, FL, 34652

Reviews of Summit at New Port Richey

Mudcatkevin April 29, 2014

Extremely disappointed with the staff at The Summit at New Port Richey. The administrative staff does not communicate at all. There has been many issues in the past 2 months with my loved ones care and I cannot get one single person to call me, text me, or email me to discuss my concerns. Be very careful about choosing this facility. I truly believe they are more concerned about filling their rooms and getting the monthly rent. It is all about revenue to them. Sadly, when there are issues with bills, care of the residents, etc suddenly they are nonexistent.

martha harrison July 27, 2013

This facility is a ten out of ten.My mother has been facility to facility and finally I found a place she can call home.Summit at new port richey have the largest rooms I've seen.Great food and the staff is amazing, always wanting to help and provide wonderful care to my mother

Helen19 July 25, 2013

We chose Summit at New Port Richey for my dad because of its location, price, and the administrator which is great. The food and some of the staff is not very good.

Catherine5 March 15, 2013

The Summit was recommended to us by one of the members of our church. My aunt and uncle were pretty happy with the food there. They just recently went down to one room from two as a married couple. We're in the process of getting them settled in the new room right now. The staff there is caring, nice and attentive. What I like best is that they're safe there are well fed which was not happening when they were still in their home. They have all kinds of activities. I was just reading the calendar for March. They have a trip to the library every week. They take them shopping and also to doctor's appointments. They also have bingo there and other plenty of things for them to do. I really think that they're happier since they moved in.

BellaDonna February 13, 2012

My mother is a resident here and the changes we have seen in the past 3 months are AMAZING! My mom was always cared for, however the building left a lot to be desired. Now, the new manager has brought on new staff that works! She has made sure the building is clean and well kept, and actually beautiful. It feels like a home now! There is nothing institutional about this home and my mom is so happy! There has never been a urine smell like comes from most Elderly communities. I am SO HAPPY!!!

SHEILA LEE February 01, 2012

I have heard a lot of complaints about the Emeritus property. I was when my friend moved here I got to know about the place. (It is no longer Emeritus they sold it) I was pleasently surprised when I have visited and I have several times. The managers in this build actually spend time doing activities with there residents. They do an activity with them daily. When a manager takes time to spend with the residents is speaks volumes to me. I have never seen such caring and compassion of managers in any place as they have here. I was so happy my friend was at a place where it is more that just about filling up ther building. They actually care about the residents. Keep up the good work because your caring shows. Thank you all for what you do on a daily basis.

tampabayCNA December 13, 2011

Summerville is a single story facility in New Port Richey. There is little landscape outside and the entrance appears as a Doctors office in my opinion. The double doors are auto entry and there is a business desk with attendant at all times. The hallways appear to be in a "T: format on each side of the building. Once you enter there is a hallway directly to the right and in front there is 2 common areas. A large television and a couch. At the end of the lobby is several offices utilized by the DON and other staff members. The areas are clean and free of any offensive odors. The apartments are from what I witnessed , simple. A living room, a bedroom and a full bath. Once you enter the apartment you notice a bar style dresser attached to the wall with a large mirror above. You can store clothes or other items in these drawers about nine in total. Dark wood colored, The back of the apartments have windows to brighten the areas. The dining room at meal time has a line of abandoned walkers just outside. Inside there is a basic sitting dinning room. The dinning area is down a very long unoccupied hallway and that was a turn off to me. The staff that I came into contact were pleasant and very caring and "listened" to their residents. If curb appeal is not your main concern and you wish to reside in a ALF that is paying attention to your well being this place is just right .Although it has several residents , I would say at least 60, it seems like they are on top of who needs what and what's going on with their residents.

FredaSwamp November 28, 2011

My mother has lived at Summit at New Port Richey for several years. However, I have seen an amazing change in the last 2 weeks. The building is beautiful, the dining experience has improved, and the activities that are being offered to my mom have gotten better. I can see a big change not only in the building, but also in the staff. Kudos to you Summit at New Port Richey!

About Summit at New Port Richey

Summit at New Port Richey is an assisted living facility in New Port Richey, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Summit at New Port Richey for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Summit at New Port Richey