Courtyards at Berne Village

2701 Amhurst Blvd, New Bern, NC, 28562

Reviews of Courtyards at Berne Village

Caring83897050 May 10, 2014

I heard about Courtyards at Berne Village through word of mouth around here where I live. They have independent all the way to memory care. It looked like a nice facility. I would feel comfortable putting my mother there. The independent living apartments were very, very nice. It seemed pretty modern. I don’t remember exactly what they offer for their activities, but I know they have a van that goes out to take the people to their appointments, and they try to do a lot of activities right within the facility. For the independent, they offer three meals a day. I saw their dining room, but I didn’t get the chance to see their food.

Clifton January 30, 2014

I interviewed this provider

The whole place is very nice. If I hadn't bought a home that's where I would like to live. The rooms were fair and in a nice condition. Courtyards at Berne Village is a good place with a nice atmosphere. The whole visiting experience is excellent.

Vin2 June 07, 2013

I chose The Courtyards because basically it was nearby and it seemed to be pretty popular, it was recommended by a few people. The rooms were spacious enough and most the staff were very good. The food was pretty good most of the time but they can improve on the food service and delivery. There are activities for the residents to make them busy.

Caring7873 June 11, 2012

We are happy that we found an Assisted living facility. We chose The Courtyard because location-wise it's near. The cost was more of a flat rate rather than a menu type thing that charge extra for every little thing. The facility itself is lovely. It's not a brand new facility but it's very very comfortable and very pretty. The staff in general are all helpful, knowledgeable and caring My relative will be moving in this Monday. He is getting an Assisted Living apartment with two rooms and a bath. . They have 3 separate dining rooms there. Their food is just not a set menu but you have a choice for the 3 meals a day. They have many many activities and they provide transportation if the residents need to go to their doctors, to Walmart or out eat lunch or dinner. They have a lot of activities inside and outside of the facility. They even have happy hours like when the doctor approves they can either have beer or wine before dinner.

NewBernResident May 31, 2012

I arrived early in the morning for a tour. Parking spaces were very limited. When I entered the main building, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and she told me to wait in the hospitality room. I waited for 20 minutes before being approached by the woman from Human Resources. She said that she would be taking me on the tour and apologized about the wait. She showed me the fitness center, which only had a couple of pieces of equipment, the activity center, which was empty at the time, the beauty salon that is open on Wednesdays, and a floor plan of a one bedroom, assisted living apartment. They offer assisted living, independent living, and a special unit for those who need to be in a locked facility. The room shown to me was small and outdated, but it did appear clean. She showed me around the community and introduced me to several of the people who live there. They were all very friendly.

About Courtyards at Berne Village

Courtyards at Berne Village is an assisted living facility in New Bern, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Courtyards at Berne Village for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Courtyards at Berne Village