Courtyards at Berne Village

2701 Amhurst Blvd, New Bern, NC, 28562

Reviews of Courtyards at Berne Village

Vin2 June 07, 2013

I chose The Courtyards because basically it was nearby and it seemed to be pretty popular, it was recommended by a few people. The rooms were spacious enough and most the staff were very good. The food was pretty good most of the time but they can improve on the food service and delivery. There are activities for the residents to make them busy.

Caring7873 June 11, 2012

We are happy that we found an Assisted living facility. We chose The Courtyard because location-wise it's near. The cost was more of a flat rate rather than a menu type thing that charge extra for every little thing. The facility itself is lovely. It's not a brand new facility but it's very very comfortable and very pretty. The staff in general are all helpful, knowledgeable and caring My relative will be moving in this Monday. He is getting an Assisted Living apartment with two rooms and a bath. . They have 3 separate dining rooms there. Their food is just not a set menu but you have a choice for the 3 meals a day. They have many many activities and they provide transportation if the residents need to go to their doctors, to Walmart or out eat lunch or dinner. They have a lot of activities inside and outside of the facility. They even have happy hours like when the doctor approves they can either have beer or wine before dinner.

NewBernResident May 31, 2012

I arrived early in the morning for a tour. Parking spaces were very limited. When I entered the main building, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and she told me to wait in the hospitality room. I waited for 20 minutes before being approached by the woman from Human Resources. She said that she would be taking me on the tour and apologized about the wait. She showed me the fitness center, which only had a couple of pieces of equipment, the activity center, which was empty at the time, the beauty salon that is open on Wednesdays, and a floor plan of a one bedroom, assisted living apartment. They offer assisted living, independent living, and a special unit for those who need to be in a locked facility. The room shown to me was small and outdated, but it did appear clean. She showed me around the community and introduced me to several of the people who live there. They were all very friendly.

From Courtyards at Berne Village

Located in New Bern, NC, The Courtyards at Berne Village is built over 18 green acres and offers a warm and inviting environment for our residents, guests, and our staff. In 2005, the town of New Bern was named one of the best places in which to retire by NBC's The Today Show. Our community provides independent and assisted living services as well as memory care. The Courtyards at Berne Village has fabulous amenities such as a large dining room, an on-site beauty shop, a library with wireless Internet, weekly chapel service, a guest room for friends and family and a full calendar of social, cultural, and engaging activities. The Courtyards at Berne Village also offers 24-hour staffing and care.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Courtyards at Berne Village