Brightview Greentree

170 Greentree Road, Marlton, NJ, 08053

Reviews of Brightview Greentree

Blown away February 22, 2014

We moved both parents to this facility in November of 2011. Dad had progressing dementia and moved to assisted living. Mom moved into independent living. She fractured 2 vertebrae with a fall in the first week. We moved her to assisted living too. She was sent home with a fentinyl patch for pain. This is synthetic heroin ~ very strong drug. The facility physicians did not determine the end point to this drug and the aids were not astute enough to perceive her decline was related to the drug. Only one RN on duty for entire facility. Not adequate to assess fluctuation in resident health issues. She declined further mentally (confusion) was unstable walking (thought she was on a cruise ship) to which the facility manager joked about. Her change in mental status was never medically addressed. As a family, we were horrified and didn't know where to turn. My father just kept saying, "We are just standing here watching this and doing nothing." Brightview's answer was to put my mother into their lock down Alzheimer unit. The facility director again joked that my mother had run through all 3 levels of care in less than 6 months. In this unit, she fell again breaking her hip in a way that was not repairable. She was placed in a nursing home. My father came down with shingles from the stress, and one day in great distress asked me to "get me out of here!". I placed my father in the nursing home with my mother.
Brightview was a dismal failure for my family. I feel their medical attention was sorely lacking. I witnessed other residents with severe medical conditions, advanced Parkinson disease, and severe osteoporosis decline in their care without advice that perhaps a more acute medical facility would be appropriate. Their physicians on call were a joke... heartless and only in it to rake in fees for visits. We felt powerless and victimized by a system that was all about increasing rental fees and not about honest concern for the residents.

Irene11 February 14, 2014

I like a lot of things there at Brightview Greentree. Mostly I still cook and bake, and them having a good size kitchen was impressive. It was close to Walmart where I love to shop at. The staff took us around and there were some people walking through the hall who said 'hello'. It seemed to be nice and the atmosphere was good.

Caring74351350 January 18, 2014

Brightview Greentree didn't have any opening at that time. They have all the same activities that all the others have, and I chose not to go there based on the fact that we needed immediate occupancy. Everybody seemed very nice, the woman that I met, the staff coordinator, seemed nice. The residents seemed to be happy. I think the place was very nice.

Jackie20 October 16, 2013

Brightview is beautiful and it is less than 2 years old. Everything is clean, airy and light and that is what I like. The rooms were not as spacious as I would like. I realized that I was not going to spend a lot of my time inside but I was judging the size of the facility and I have a piano and would not want to give that up. I liked everything about it and that was my first choice up until I saw the last place. The staff was marvelous and the residents ate with us and answered our questions.

Marie5 May 21, 2012

We found a place for my mother and father-in-law and it's at Brightview in Marlton New Jersey. We already made our deposit. What I like most about the place is that it's very bright and the staff really knows what their doing. With regards to the room they actually have their own apartment. My mom and dad-in-law are happy with the place and I already recommended Brightview to my friends. I'm actually thinking of living in a place at Brightview when I get old like my parents. I'm really satisfied and happy with the service and the facility itself that's why I will give Brightview 6 stars.

About Brightview Greentree

Brightview Greentree is an assisted living facility in Marlton, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brightview Greentree for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Brightview Greentree