Sunrise at East Cobb

1551 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA, 30062

Reviews of Sunrise at East Cobb

Caring83438750 May 30, 2014

My brother-in-law is in Sunrise at East Cobb. It is close and nice. It is a mansion style. The staff is fine and friendly. The receptionist is very nice. He is in a private room with a bedroom, a living room, and a little kitchen area. It is spacious and one of the bigger rooms in the place. The dining room and food are OK. They have activities, like they take him shopping once a week. They have people come in and do things. They have religious services. They have other activities, but he is not one who joins in much.

Kimberly D Huff May 03, 2012

I have a high regard for Sunrise. They allow my grandparents to share a room together. They made the transition from their home to Sunrise as painless as possible. For example, they offered the opportunity for us to place a gift basket in the room to welcome them to the assisted living center. I think they contracted with another local company for the gift basket, and that was one o the nicest touches. They regularly call my parents immediately if there are any questions or concerns. For example, my grandmother kept falling, and they called right away every time. They took the time to investigate and found that my grandfather was dropping her trying to lift her from her wheelchair to her bed. The parties they hold for birthdays/anniversaries are very enjoyable for residents and their families. My grandparents are treated as adults. They are not condescended as I thought they might be. They are offered wine tastings and other fun events. They are also offered transportation to local events outside the assisted living center. I have nothing but good things to say about Sunrise. I definitely recommend the gift baskets offered by the Marietta, GA location of Sunrise. They even offer customized gift baskets that you can send if you go away on vacation or something just to let your loved ones know you are thinking of them.

emjayy March 23, 2012

I went every week to sing for, and sometimes with, the members of this community. The hardest thing to see was the Spirits that were raised by music, and suddenly dampened and even crushed by the harsh and authoritative tones and manners of the staff. A few nurses and aids were friendly, but for the most part, their position reeked of arrogance. I remember talking to one of the men who lived there; he lowered his head and looked at his hands as he said, "I used to have life. They remind me every day, with their attitudes, that I'm losing it." The home itself was clean and had a "warm" atmosphere, but it was difficult to leave with a sense of accomplishment, as irritated, lackadaisical nurses wheeled my Musical Friends out of the living room and to their respective rooms.

jdeng625 October 19, 2011

A few months ago, I volunteered with a group that had an event at the Sunrise East Cobb senior citizen home in Marietta, Georgia. The event was a talent show- type thing where the volunteers performed various talents such as a musical performance or a comedy skit. The staff was very helpful with our event and they brought many of the citizens to come watch. They seemed to be very energetic and caring. They would bring out sugar-free snacks for the citizens to have while they watched the event. The facility seemed to be very clean from the area we were in, but I did not see the area where the citizens were living. However, I did see the janitorial staff walking around with cleaning supplies so I would assume they at least keep the living area pretty decent. I would definitely trust one of my relatives in the Sunrise East Cobb senior citizen home.

timjohnson September 21, 2011

When I had to live here I mainly stayed to myself. The staff would try to help me but seeing that my wife had just died and i had to come here i was just too depressed luckily they worked with my daughter helped me get threw such a horrible time. even though i was still down i started back eating more and having a little fun with everyone. I even started doing some karaoke every now and then nothing too major.

LNicoleT822 May 19, 2011

Visited this facility

I was first introduced to this facility by my mother, who is currently an employee there. During my first visit, I was greeted by staff, residents, and a company dog! The concierge staff was very friendly and they were willing to answer any questions I had. The residents were also friendly. They seemed very happy and even asked me if I would like to play along with them in bingo. The company dog Louie, followed me around at first, then once he became familiar with me, left me alone. During my tour, I visited each ward of the facility, the kitchen, dining area, and the on site hair salon. I had an amazing experience and I would go to work with my mom everyday if I could!

From Sunrise at East Cobb

Located just minutes from Johnsons Ferry Road and State Route 120, Sunrise of East Cobb is conveniently situated in the heart of East Cobb. We pride ourselves in our "care for life" philosophy.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise at East Cobb