The Willows at Hamburg

2531 Old Rosebud Road, Lexington, KY, 40509

Reviews of The Willows at Hamburg

lovemymumsie July 05, 2014

My mother is living there currently on Medicare days. Her improvement in mobility and spirit have greatly improved. The staff is very caring and kind. They have wonderful activities throughout the day and the food there is very good. My mother is treated like the queen she deserves to be. I cannot yet speak about the difference between care for Medicaid patients at the Willows at Hamburg or the Legacy, but from the places I have visited and the stories I have heard, this place is the very best in town that isn't totally private pay.

sabrina12 November 23, 2013

You don't want to go here, we pulled loved one out for her safety, ombudsman called several times to go in and Office of Att. General called in twice for investigation, director and couple others fired. Our loved one contacted Impetago, due due not keeping her clean , ( I wonder how many others have it now as is very contagious) she got a chipped tooth due to her sliding down on floor, they didn't keep hold of her, oh the stories we could tell, we took her out for her safety. Think twice before you go here

Micky Mouse November 22, 2013

This is the worst place ever. So many things happened. Non caring employees, on the Legacy side, I had to be there daily to make sure loved one taken care of, things stolen, clothing ruined, they lost many of her clothes, relative was not kept clean, in same clothes for 5 days, had to call ombudsman several times and state attorney generals office called in to investigate....twice! Other family members said "get her out of there" even one of her doctors said "she didn't belong there." Two days before we left, she complained of her back hurting. Her first night away from Legacy, that night, a caregiver we hired to help her in her new apt with baths called and had us come over. Her back full of blisters, some were starting to dry up, so they were there for several days. Took to doctor following Monday, she had Impentago, very contagious, "cause by not being kept clean." If they had been caring for her, looked at her back and noticed it if bathing her and notified us. I wonder how many there now have this condition and they are not telling families. They just don't care, Director was fired back in Sept, and so were others, no one can do their job. She had no cavities and had 3 when there, took to have them filled, dentist even sent faxes t them, twice to help her with dental health, they still didn't, they let her drop when by a bath, she had a front tooth chip off, they rarely helped her in dental health. I could go on and on, we took her out to keep her safe. I've heard others complain also. You'll be very sorry if you put any loved one there, very sorry. She is now living on her own, fixes her own breakfast, and doing great, just 3 weeks after leaving there. They put your loved one in front of TV in living area, not kept active much. It's been called 'Gods Waiting Room." My heart goes out to ones there and family cannot ck on them often as we could. I suggest you not go here. Oh the stores I could tell.....it horrible there at the Legacy. Even the nurses are known to snap at you, have an attitude, and another residents family member noticed it too when we were talking. Be careful, don't go there, you'll be moving your loved one out within months.

Buttonsdog October 20, 2013

Used to be good facility. Staff has been cut back to a third of what it used to be. They no longer have a director and turn over is terrible because of all the cut backs and unsteady nature of this place.

Nancy66603550 August 22, 2013

I stayed at The Willows at Hamburg for rehabilitation. My room was furnished and there were activities like scrapbook making. It was a beautiful facility and the friendliness of the staff really stood out to me. The therapy was excellent and I enjoyed my time there.

colonel3 April 30, 2013

I was here for 20 days for cardiac rehab. Super friendly staff from the dining,housekeeping and nursing. they are all fantasic.

About The Willows at Hamburg

The Willows at Hamburg is an assisted living facility in Lexington, KY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Willows at Hamburg for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Willows at Hamburg