Oak Shadows Retirement and Assisted Living

4801 Allendale, Houston, TX, 77017

Reviews of Oak Shadows Retirement and Assisted Living

Jannie1941 December 15, 2016

The staff is friendly, caring and knowledgable. I'm sure it's not easy for them to deal with over 120 different residents but they do it with a smile and patience. If you stop and ask any member of the staff a question, you need not mention your room number because they already know everything (including any medications, illnesses, temperaments and extra curricular activities.) Most even know what we did in our younger years. I love calling this place home and hope that Sue and Kenny know just how grateful we all are.

FIVE STARS! Jannie Hicks

Thank you!

GiselleSchubert December 15, 2016

This place is clean, has a tremendous amount of activities for us and really puts the extra effort in taking care of each of our needs. Since the new ownership, Kenny and Sunaina, have changed the look of the facility, quality of living and even expanded the dining hall and activity center. Sometimes I go to the weekly baking classes and make monkey bread. Other times I get a bit lazy and want to watch movies with Michelle. Most times I work out in our new gym (I try to go twice a day)! Overall 5 stars!

Thank you Gigi!

AnthonyKately December 14, 2016

I moved to this facility over five years ago but I have to tell you that the improvements I've noticed (after the new ownership) are incredible. They have a new library, gym, activities center, computers, and so many different classes to take part in. I love our new community. The residents are great friends now and the staff a caring family.

Thanks, Anthony Kately

Thank you Anthony!

josielopez609 December 14, 2016

I love Oak Shadows. They have a great variance of things to do from outside trips to daily activities. We play BINGO every Tuesday and take trips to Wal-Mart every other week. It's one big community. It's perfect for people who are in wheel chairs because they have nice spacious walkways and elevators for when you want to go visit a friend who lives upstairs. I've met tons of new friends. They put tables with umbrellas out in the courtyards so that you can sit at them and talk to your friends while having a cigarette or playing cards or dominoes.

I love BINGO TOO Josie, glad you part take in all the fun activities.

walter.mitchell December 14, 2016

Everyone who works here is my friend. It's a great place and they let me sit in the activity hall all day and watch movies. I love it so much here. They're so nice to me.

thank you!

hanes.linda411 December 14, 2016

I love Oak Shadows. The new owners are the greatest everything that they've been doing is great. We couldn't be more grateful for everything that's been done in the time span of just these two short months. I love everyone here so much.The staff is so great, my neighbors are lovely, the activities are great. Everything here is just great. Love you Oak Shadows!

Thank you for your constructive feedback, we are trying to provide our residents with a community where they feel at home.

mherrera1937 December 14, 2016

My grandma moved to Oak Shadows from a senior citizens apartment. When her health began to deteriorate and she needed more care that the place she lived at did not provide we looked into the nearby assisted living facilities, so that she could be closer to us. This is when a family friend very highly recommended that we come to Oak Shadows so we called and scheduled an appointment for a tour.. The facility is very charming and beautifully taken care of. The entire staff from the office, activity, medical team, kitchen and even housekeeping were all very warm and welcoming which gave us comfort knowing she would be taken care of by good people. My grandma is very independent so she loves that she has her very own apartment as well as the care and assistance that she needs. We live worry free knowing that she is happy and well taken care of there at Oak Shadows.

Thanks!

schnurjohn7 December 13, 2016

I've been here for 15 years. I met my second wife here. This is my home and I don't want to be anywhere else but here. Staff has changed, residents have come and gone, but no matter what happens to us the level of care has never changed. They still give it their all in every thing that they do. I love it here. I'm immensely great-full for everything the new owner has done for this place. I'm glad to call Oak Shadows my home.

thanks! we appreciate your feedback.

kershawlady December 13, 2016

I LOVE THIS PLACE SO MUCH! I wish That I could give it more than 5 stars! I'm so happy to be here and have the help that I need and the friends that I've made here. The staff is so friendly and I love them so much. Whenever I ask them for a favor the do it right away! It's always hard to move out of your own place into an assisted living or nursing home but they make the transition so easy to do and it makes you feel right at home.

halpertjames405 December 13, 2016

I'm a relative of a past resident and have continued to be friends with some of the workers. Oak Shadows is an amazing place they always do the most and do whatever they can for the residents to make sure that everything feels like home to them. I recently went back to tour the facility again just for kicks and I was greeted by a resident who was so happy to just be someplace that actually cares about them and does what they say that they're going to do. They are all around great people who genuinely care about their residents and want whats best for their well being.

We do care and are happy to see you apart of our family :)

GymBurger December 12, 2016

Oak Shadows is wonderfuL and the new owners Kenny and Sue make it their duty to help, working 7 days a week. I recently had an issue and locked myself out of my online banking. I was in a panic and nobody over the phone, though the main office tried could help me until I went to the bank in person. So frustrating!!! However, Sue approached me and took me to the bank and helped me reaccess my banking information on her own time. I was so grateful.

Love these people. Gym

We are happy to have you apart of our community!

LenelleCarmical December 12, 2016

I have lived here for over 9 years. The staff is friendly, caring, and most importantly knowledgable about how to take care of each of the residents. The continues to progress at a rapid pace, ensuring that the residents' needs are at the top of the list. I love this place! 5 stars.

Lenelle Carmical

Thank you kindly.

MillyLee December 11, 2016

When my sister asked me to help her join caring.com, we were so happy that she had decided to begin the search for a facility that could address her mental health needs and physical limitations. She chose a few places but decided her heart was set on Oak Shadows. Since she moved here about five months ago, we've noticed a change in her. She's always smiling and introduces us to each member of the staff. She asks us to come see her play the weekly games and activities. Thank you Oak Shadows, Milly has made lovely friends and is excited about life again.

-Mark Lee

Linda1939 December 10, 2016

Now that the holiday season is here, Oak Shadows is setting up new outdoor and indoor festivities for us. Horseshoes, crochet, baking and cooking classes and did i mention we just had a wonderful time at yesterday's holiday party (gifts for us, raffles and musicians)

Thanks all, Gene Garnett

THANK YOU!

more.henry December 07, 2016

Ive been here for 6 years. The employees are fabulous and so nice. When I think of Oak Shadows I think o f home, because thats what it is. The employees make sure that you feel at home and the neighbors are so welcoming! We are just one big family. We all care for each other.

Grateful for your feedback!

Naldo December 07, 2016

The oak shadows retirement community is a nice remodeled apt complex with a nice caring staff I recently visited my grandmother there and was very impressed the complex is secure with security and I just love how caring the staff is there caring for my grandmother would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for assitted living

We are grateful for your response!

Martha Vasquez December 07, 2016

I love the people who work here, especially the personal care attendants and the front office. Since the new ownership, our experience has gone from a place we call home, to one we couldn't imagine living without! Great community with genuine concern for all of its residents.

-Joseph Landry

Thanks for your feedback!

JamesRutbottom December 07, 2016

My sister Claire Butler lives here. This place is great for families and friends of residents. We can be assured that our loved ones can be taken care of and have ample activities to engage in with other residents!

-Evee Butler

Thank you for the kind words!

wills_george206 December 06, 2016

I was a previous resident at the facility, leaving on my own accord, the employees and other residents were wonderful people. As soon as you move onto the property you're welcomed with open arms. With the community being independent but still with the care you need they become like you're second family very quickly. Oak Shadows, the staff, and the residents will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Thank you.

JackieHayes November 30, 2016

My mother has been a resident at this facility for the last ten years and absolutely loves it. The new owners that bought the facility in October created a library, gym, movie room and lots of daily activities for the residents. After all of the new renovations, it's difficult for my mom to see herself being anywhere else besides what she considers home at OAK SHADOWS.

Absolutely recommend!

I like it, provides an insight from someone who has seen the facility through changes.

STAR1225 May 11, 2015

This place is the most horrible place you can ever take a family member to! They are infested with bed bugs, serve left overs, don't cook the food well done. They don't care about the residents all they care about is the money! They may act like they care but they don't care they're more worried bout the pay check I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Caring78424150 May 23, 2014

Oak Shadows doesn't keep up its grounds. It's not esthetically pleasing to look at. The staff seemed to be quite conscientious. I went to the library this morning. The room has a bathroom, a big closet, a living room, and a kitchen.

More Nick February 08, 2013

Thepeople Here Are very nice And care about ustheytreat us like family

From Oak Shadows Retirement and Assisted Living

Recently renovated and operational for over 20 years, Oak Shadows Retirement & Assisted Living Community is a retirement center providing affordable retirement and assisted living care for the elderly in a non-institutional setting. Based in Houston, Texas, it offers one/two bedroom apartments, with a list of services, including daily maintenance, security, staff emergency call system, home style meals, weekly laundry and maid service, personal care attendants and more. Additionally, the center provides a range of activities, entertainment and outings as well as scheduled transportation.

Over the years, Oak Shadows has developed an environment with a unique concept. Residents are free to pursue their interests without interference or the hassles of keeping up a house. They also have the comfort of knowing that someone is nearby to meet an

Features of Oak Shadows Retirement and Assisted Living