Asbury Court

1750 Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, IL, 60018

Reviews of Asbury Court

Anonymous111482650 August 09, 2015

I actually liked Asbury Court because they had a doctor and a nurse at all times, so old people did not have to leave the building. They had a movie room with a big screen on the wall. They had buses that took residents to places like Walmart and Target.

Lynn43 July 04, 2015

Asbury Court is very nice. My mom is actually quite comfortable with it. They have a lot of activities. The staff and the residents are very friendly and very nice. Her apartment is very nice. She has a kitchenette, and she has plenty of space. The food is OK. It could be a little bit better. It is the only complain I would have. The dining room is very nice. They have entertainment, Wii games, bingo, board games, and card games. She has been there since the end of April.

HappyJoy April 24, 2015

I've been seeing a lot of really amazing changes at Asbury Court. I've had some friends who have their grandparents and parents move there and now I've decided to move my grandmother into the facility. It's such a warm and caring place. The administrator is a superbly fantastic and friendly guy who genuinely cares for the well-being of the residents. Nursing is also fantastic! They are right on target with everything! The food is delicious and the rooms are just so clean. I can't believe the attention to detail they have at this place. They think of everything! I especially love the walk in showers (no tubs to trip over), HUGE rooms, and the new theater room. It gives me so much peace of mind to see other residents living there do so well....my grandmother fits right in. Asbury Court made it so easy for my grandmother to move right in...I never had to worry about a thing! I recommend this place for any senior looking for a secure, relaxing and well managed home they can enjoy for many years to come.

Caring111960 April 06, 2015

My mom was a resident of Asbury Court for over eight years and throughout her time there, she was extremely well cared for. My family never worried about her and the staff genuinely cared for her as a person. During her time there, she made many friends (including staff) and her room was bright and cheery. There was always something for her to do and she always felt safe and cared for. I would not hesitate to recommend Asbury Court to anyone looking for a home for their loved one.

Caring101911550 March 11, 2015

I was never impressed with the outside of this place. It's very uninviting. It looks like a prison from the outside, but I was shocked when I went inside. I loved it. It's beautiful and clean. There's a lot of beautiful wood furniture around. The hall and the cafeteria were gorgeous and clean. It is nestled between a gas station and the expressway.

Caring99988650 January 16, 2015

I have been in Asbury Court for almost five years now. The facility is kept very clean. I feel very comfortable being here, and they keep the rooms and the public areas clean, and I really appreciate that. We have a younger people here who are diabetic, and the menus simply do not accommodate that. Over the past year, the quality of food has deteriorated significantly. I am not particularly happy because there is not much to do; there are not many activities. I am 66 years old and playing Bingo five times a week. We have a bus, and it leaves the parking lot once a week to go to the Jewel's, and then the bus sits there for the rest of the week. And I hear the bus is going to go to a Chinese restaurant one day. The bus can accommodate 20 people, and there are 300 of us here. We are clean and safe, and that is where they put their emphasis.

Caring103587750 December 29, 2014

I am in Asbury Court, and this is a lovely facility. It is a lovely environment, and I like the people. The staff is very caring. The facility is quite nice. They try very hard in remodeling some of it. It is a little hard sometimes for them to have everything they want, but they are doing a beautiful job during the remodeling. The food is very good. There is always at least three entrees. There is always something going on. Everyone likes bingo except me. They have movies, games, and always somebody to talk to which it important. There a lot of room to sit around here, so you can be out of your room. They have trips to stores. It is near a hospital. It is an excellent place to be.

Caring91970350 August 28, 2014

My mom is in Ashbury Court. One of the reasons we choose it is because of the cost. It is about $1,800 a month to put my mom there and the other is that it is close to where I live, so it is easy for me to stop and check on her. I stop every night to check on her. The staff is very good. They provide for her meal and clean for her. We had a couple of meals there before we moved her and the food was good. My mom seems to like it. My mom is in a one-bedroom studio. For my mom's need, I think it is adequate. My mom has dementia and she is afraid to do the activities that they offer, like bingo and trips, but she loves the days when they have shows. I think they need to have more activities like live entertainment.

livisok July 30, 2014

There is not enough activities for the residents to keep them active. They go back and forth to the dinning room to eat and there are a few activities but far and few between. People are just sitting in the halls with nothing to do. What a shame the activities director isn't doing more. The food is tasty but very salty which is surprising to me because the people there are all older and probably be watching their salt intake. There is no special menu for diabetics and some times they serve sweet rolls for breakfast. When they have eggs its only hard boiled. I was told if my mother is hungry she can ask for seconds or a little more of something on the plate but they won't give her more than her serving. Her room is very nice and the staff is very nice and helpful. It is a little difficult getting information to and from the nursing staff from my mother's doctors. They do have doctors on staff which I think they prefer to work with but my mother wants to keep her own doctors.

Jean40 March 31, 2014

I had to pull my mom out of Asbury Court because her rash got worse. They were not putting a rash medication on her. I told them to put cream on her twice a day, and they said, "No problem." But when I went to visit her, the rash looked horrible. It was like a burn, and I immediately called 911. It was a horrible experience. This facility would never be on my list again.

Chris21 May 29, 2013

Asbury Court is affordable. I've been here for a week now and I have not found any problems at all. The staff likes their jobs. The food is somewhat salty, but it tastes good.

Su456 March 01, 2013

Our mother was a resident for a short time before we knew that she needed to be moved elsewhere. The caretaker staff on the 4th floor were impatient and negligent. My mother suffered a serious injury and had to be hospitalized. I would not advise anyone to put someone that they loved in this institution. I am so sorry that we placed our mother there. Fortunately we did move her to a residence with a caring staff.

JuldeNile January 21, 2012

There are pros and cons at this facility:

Pros: Deliciously prepared meals

Cons: Residents complain that there's not a lot of variety; however, the owner recently scheduled a meeting for residents to voice their opinion on the menu.

Pros: Private apartments that are well-sized to give you a sense of space without feeling lonely or closeted.

Cons: Residents complain of feeling a lack of privacy and ownership because housekeeping staff, health care workers and maintenance staff all have a skeleton key to the apartments and many residents complain of theft of prescription pills and valuables.

Pros: The apartments are located in a large U and are away from the common areas so that noise and traffic are never an issue in the halls.

Cons: Because the building is shaped like a U, residents who live toward the top of the U have the longest walk to the dining hall, check in desk, nurses' station, administrative offices, and all common areas. Residents who suffer injury or temporary incapacitation will feel the burden of walking to the common areas.

Pros: Maintenance staff are skilled at their work and respond in a timely manner.

Cons: Maintenance sometimes will take a few days to respond to resident complaints of broken items, bulbs that need changing, heat vents that blow in an undesirable direction.

Pros: The place is a converted hotel so the interior is quite pleasant (hotel casino like in the common areas). Movie viewing room, quite a few sitting areas, mailroom, bank, and other ammenities are located there. They also have bus service to frequented shopping areas.

Cons: The nursing staff and doctor on site are at times impatient and condescending. The doctor on staff is young and seems inexperienced. He's not very responsive to client needs. FAMILY ADVOCACY is always crucial, regardless of your elder's location (hospital, nursing home, assisted living, supportive living, home alone, etc)

Dacket October 25, 2011

My grandmother moved to Asbury Court after my grandfather died. She stayed in a 1-bedroom assisted living apartment. The facility was very clean, spacious, and smelled great - didn't have the odors sometimes associated with nursing homes that are not as clean. The staff was especially friendly and seemed interested in engaging the residents. One day I visited, and whole crew of people were in the atrium in their recliners, laughing and clapping along in a group singalong. My grandmother was not as social, so the Center happily delivered her meals to her room. She developed a relationship with the visiting health care worker who took care of her daily needs. The food was decent, she reported, and she also had the opportunity to have her her professionally done once a week, which she greatly appreciated. Eventually she grew too ill to stay at Asbury Court and had to move to a more intensive facility, but the impression she gave was that she enjoyed her time there very much.

About Asbury Court

Asbury Court is an assisted living facility in Des Plaines, IL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Asbury Court for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Asbury Court