Lamplight of Baltimore

3855 Greenspring Ave., Baltimore, MD, 21211

Reviews of Lamplight of Baltimore

Jessica16 May 11, 2016

We went to Lamplight Inn of Baltimore. We really like them. They’re actually on the top of our list. The staff was fantastic and the administrator was wonderful. There were really friendly people there. They’re willing to work with you, very knowledgeable, and willing to offer assistance and outside help with financial planning and what-not. Overall, it was a very nice, very spacious place. They offered a one-bedroom setting. The dining room was very well done. They had some upgrades being done to the place and that was actually nice. The setting around it was very nice too.

Arlene15 January 30, 2016

I chose Lamplight Inn for my sister because of the size. They run about 120 units and predominantly assisted living. They have three different types of unit that you can get. It was reasonably price that included three meals a day, snacks and nurse on duty. All the staff that I met has been really courteous and friendly.

They have a policy for example if you are not going to come down for a meal you have to let them know ahead of time or if they don’t come down somebody comes up to find out if anything is wrong. They have a wide range of activities, like chair exercises, lectures and current events, arts and crafts, as well as bible study. They have on-site physical therapy or someone comes in to help. They also provide transportation to doctor’s appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The smallest unit is a studio with a kitchenette, refrigerator, and sink. Each has its own private bath. It’s very nicely decorated throughout the entire building. They have books and tables out in the hall and sitting areas where you can talk to anybody and meet other people. They have a place where they had a large screen TV. Although they need to work on the kitchen, they have good food.

MrCarter October 01, 2015

I take this opportunity to thank D. Zink and the staff for your sincere effort, time, and care given to me and my dad during his transition from rehabilitation to assisted living. Your dedication and assistance working with me made my task easy to manage. It has been a blessing to find a facility so nice and caring. The staff always have a smile, kind words and ready to assist me each time I am there. Lamplight is a beautiful facility which you should be proud to be a part of. Lamplight has set the bar to a level other assisted living facilities will find difficult to match. It is difficult for me to articulate the joy in my heart at this time. Until better words can be found. Thank you.

Concern Family member1 March 16, 2015

This place is cost friendly, but keep in mind they don't do what they say they are going to do or provide. Meals are the same thing over and over- they run out of food, and food at times you can't eat because of the taste. The room is supposed to be cleaned every week---go luck with that. You can ring the bell for help - it may take 1/2 hr. to 2 hrs. to have someone come and check on you. You could die before they come. If they give you your medicine- it does not happen on a regular schedule. Most of the staff is friendly, there are a few that really should not be working there as a nurse.

Robin28 May 31, 2014

I had a nice tour at Emerald (Lamplight). The staff was wonderful. They even looked friendly. They were very good. The rooms were clean and spacious. They checked with me a couple of times to see if I had made my decision yet for my mom.

somuchlove May 01, 2014

Lamplight has the potential to be a great place. I am deeply concerned about the time it takes to respond to the needs of the residents. I sometimes wish I could be a volunteer because it breaks my heart to see the way some of the RA's shy away from their responsibilites. If they are short of help more employees should be hired. Unfortunately there's too many people interested in cash, not compassion.

Tom79180050 April 16, 2014

Emerald Estate is an older facility and not a continuing care facility. It is an older facility and a little bit more run down. I noticed that the people there were less independent. The director was very nice and the residents there seemed to like him. The residents seemed very happy to be there. There were certain situations where it was pretty clear that the residents could not control their potty function and so there was some odor in the air. The facility itself has a nice location with lots of nice outdoor space. The good thing about this facility also is that it is close to a medical center. The rooms were fine. They had more variety of rooms which means that you can be more economic in the sense that they had shared apartments which can save you some money.

Phil9 April 11, 2014

I am in the process of moving my parents to Lamplight Inn. I chose it because of its location, and their prices are a little better than everyone else's. The staff is OK. The rooms are on par with the other places that I visited. The dining area is very neat, clean, and well decorated. The food is good. They have a wide variety of things that they can do. They have a game night where they play games, cards, and bingo. They do calisthenics. They have their own beauty salon and barber shop. They have a bus service that takes the residents to different places. They go on shopping trips. They go to baseball and football games.

caring05543 December 30, 2013

Emeritus had mostly assisted living. They only have ten people they said that were considered independent living. I thought that they could use a new carpet and that they could have used a little bit more upkeep on the building. The people seemed wonderful but itÕs not a place that I would chose just because it had so many assisted living and so few independent living.

caring0912131 September 20, 2013

We visited Emerald Estates for my relative. The facility was okay. People there were nice. Unfortunately, my relative couldn't afford this place.

Pearlymae August 10, 2013

Emerald Estates is a very nice facility, the staff have always seem interested in the patients (Can't think of a better word) living there. The person in charge of them having FUN does a wonderful job, have many activities for the people, trying to keep them active. I too enjoy the activities with my mom. The facility never smells when I'm there in the hallways, furniture is nice, pictures and flowers are tastefully done. There's a beautyshop, laundry room, mini kitchen on the 3rd floor where my mom lives. In the Parlor on the first floor is always fruit and water looking fresh, along with reading material. Lovely place with a nice view; the down side of it is NOT for wandering Dementia people. They are not protected from getting away, being lost

Monica5 June 26, 2013

Emerald Estates was ideal. It was a really nice and clean place. The meals seemed appropriate, but it was more costly I can afford.

Diana10 May 24, 2013

When my mom was at Emerald Estates, she was in a double suite which was divided. I liked the facility because it was much bigger than the other that I have been to. There was a lobby and sitting areas with television, and she also had her own television. However, she walked away so they informed me that I had to move her out. I would suggest they put a garden in to improve the environment of the place.

Anonymous29 July 25, 2012

I've toured the Emerald Estates because it's one of the nearest facilities from my house. The facility seems nice and quiet. Each of the rooms were very homey. The furniture looked quite new and were very comfortable. Closets are spacious enough, as well as the bathroom. It's complete with safety hand grip bars and accessible by wheel-chaired people. I haven't had the chance to taste the food because of touring responsibilities. Their staff is very welcoming and I enjoyed their company while touring the facility. They also told me that they have daily wellness activities and weekly schedules of outings for the residents.

caregiver8501 September 24, 2011

Emerald Estates is a great find in Baltimore. We visited and toured the facility with my mother. At a time she was in need for short term care and the facility was very nice. The residents were very friendly and sociable. By walking down a hallway it was easy to see groups of people chatting or playing games. There were numerous social activities, gatherings, and events for residents. The staff were friendly and seemed to work very well with the residents. The residents were a diverse group of seniors from around the Baltimore area and were quite welcoming to both me and my mother.

The onsite facilities include a large dining room, meeting areas, residential meeting rooms, activity areas, and more. They had nursing areas, medical rooms for any medical needs for residents, and a library for reading books. There were also lots of games and books placed on bookshelf throughout the facility.

Not only was the facility very well run, it was also more affordable than other comparable residential facilities in Baltimore. They also have case managers that can help with funding or finding services that can help a resident. If a resident has a special need they can arrange services for him or her.

The physical facility is located near the Woodberry residential area and is actually on a hill. Next door is the Loyola University stadium which does not often disturb the residents. Parking is ample and free as well.

Highly recommended!

Caring19 June 18, 2011

I previously visited this facility to get information for my mom. The two of us visited the community today. There were two things that disturbed me upon entering the facility. First, the concierge was on the telephone, and by all accounts she was not talking with anyone where she could have placed them on hold, if only to acknowledge our presence. It didn't happen. Secondly, the carpet on the first floor leading to the elevator was not clean, and the hand rail in the same location was chipped in several spots. What I did like was the size of the studio apartment, and the marketing representative was absolutely wonderful (hats off to Debbie!)

Caring19,

Thank you for alerting us about the issues you ran across at Emerald Estates. Your opinion matters to us. I've contacted the community to let them know your concerns. (And we agree, Debbie is absolutely wonderful.)

In regards to the phone issue, the concierge was counseled. So, that won't happen again. The carpet on the first floor, leading to the elevator, is in a high traffic area and is in the process of getting cleaned. We're also fixing the hand rail, as well.

Our primary concern will always be the safety, happiness, and overall well-being of our residents.

We always welcome and appreciate your feedback. Please contact us at your convenience, we'd love to speak with you about how we can provide you a better experience. http://www.emeritus.com/ethics

Lori Belton

Emeritus Senior Living

Madeleine7 June 16, 2011

My mother has lived in this facility for several years; during that time it has changed corporate ownership three times. The current owner (Emeritus)was the original owner when mom moved in. She lives in the locked "Memory Care" unit for people with dementia and Alzheimer's. I believe many of the monumental problems at the facilty can be blamed on the revolving door when it comes to administrative staffing. Most of the caretakers are caring and friendly but there are serious lapses in care as well as general living conditions.

Athough I have corrected them numerous times, staffers still call me at the wrong phone number after all these years. Many times when I visit I find Mom with food on her clothes.There are few activities for residents on the unit; they spend the majority of the day sitting in a windowless common room just looking around at each other. Once in a while, a staffer will turn on the TV or turn on some music. There is no fenced-in outdoor space, so residents rarely go outside although staffers will occasionally take residents out for walks.

The food is so-so in taste and only fair in nutrition. The menus include cold-cuts and fried foods, not such healthy fare for seniors with health problems. Residents' rooms are supposed to be cleaned weekly but mom's room and bathroom rarely look clean and laundry is often piled up. The unit's hallway and common area often smell of urine. I have seen a mouse run down a hallway but I have never seen any bugs.

Assisted-living residents who live outside the unit seem to fare better;most appear to be healthy and content.There are numerous activities planned each day. The facility has its own small bus for outings and the bus is also available to take residents to doctor's appointments. There is a hair salon as well as a physical therapy office on-site.

The price of this facility is slightly lower than comparable facilities; this is definitely a case of, "You get what you pay for." If you are thinking of moving a loved one here, think again.

Madeleine7,

We are so sorry that you've bad experience. Your feedback is important to us. Your mom's health, happiness, comfort and well-being is also extremely important to us. We will resolve the issues you've addressed.

There isn't a company out there that is perfect. We don't claim to be. However, we do our best to listen, take action and improve upon things that need work.

Lori Belton

Emeritus Senior Living

From Lamplight of Baltimore

Welcome to Lamplight Inn of Baltimore, senior community with 120 apartments sent well-manicured landscaping, a beautiful dining hall, engaging activities, and a friendly atmosphere. Our community focuses on providing a welcoming home to all residents, supporting them with superior comfort and care, while promoting a healthy lifestyle.

Lamplight Inn of Baltimore provides Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s care. Resident’s are assessed prior to moving in and regularly assessed every quarter to determine their individual needs and care. Our individualized services provide help to those who may need a little help with everyday tasks such as getting dressed, bathing, or taking medications, to someone who may require more help with tasks such as eating and transferring.

Lamplight Inn of Baltimore is dedicated to providing superior care at affordable pricing. Part of affordability is accepting multiple payer sources such as veteran benefits, private insurance, private pay and more. We can help you identify possible resources that may be appropriate to your situation.

Community Room In addition to the individualized services that we offer, we include all of the basic amenities and services below, but are not limited to:

• 3 dietician-planned meals served daily including snacks
  • 24-hour security and staffing
  • Daily activities, group outings and special events
  • Religious worship
  • Weekly light housekeeping
  • Large Community Rooms
  • Emergency call systems
  • Modern fire detection systems
  • Assistance with medical appointments and transportation

The Lighthouse, our exclusive Alzheimer’s and Dementia program, is a secure, designated area of the Community. The Nursing Care and Activities programs and staffing are Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care specific. The Lighthouse also includes private apartments and private bathrooms as well as communal areas for dining and activities that encourage social, therapeutic and physical participation.

Catering to Resident’s with Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care

Our Lighthouse residents need additional and specific care. We cater to their needs through consistent staffing so our employees and residents can be more acquainted. This helps our staff better understand residents and their needs. It also helps the residents feel more comfortable and participate more often in activities.

Additional services to ensure proper care include:
  • State of the art Comprehensive Assessment Plan
  • Individualized service plans to meet specific Activities of Daily Living
  • Dedicated Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care staffing on site 24-hours per day
  • Medication Management and Medication Administration
  • Coordination and scheduling of medical appointments

Thank you for your interest at The Lamplight Inn of Baltimore. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

We are passionate in providing senior care at affordable pricing. Part of affordability is accepting multiple payer sources. We can help you identify possible resources. Lamplight Inn of Baltimore assesses each resident’s needs regularly to promote health and wellness.

Features of Lamplight of Baltimore

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Minimum memory care rate: $3,800/month

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 30AL3447-a