Hillside Terrace

1939 Jackson Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI, 48103

Reviews of Hillside Terrace

wildhorses165 March 08, 2016

We visited Hillside Terrace for my Mom. This one stands out in my mind as something we like, and enjoy. When we were there, we did get to see someone playing piano, and a lot of the residents were participating. It was very nice to see. Everybody was enjoying the activity. The rooms were nice. The menu looked great. You always have multiple options. We talked to one of the residents, and she said that she loves the food. The atmosphere was welcoming and cozy!

Anonymous113023050 September 17, 2015

Hillside Terrace Retirement Community was locally owned by a family. There were many good things about it, but it did not feel as good as it did at the other places I went to. They were undergoing some remodeling, and I think it will be better.

honeybee1276 April 14, 2015

This is a HORRIBLE facility! If you at all care for your loved one, do NOT place them here! We placed my uncle here because he has dementia and needed around the clock care. This facility was the closest to our family and in his price range. In no way did he receive the quality of care that he was paying for. I hated visiting there because it made me feel so guilty for placing him there. The “wing” that he lived was extremely small with hardly any windows. When we would visit him, he would be wearing the same clothes for days at a time. The owners were extremely rude and unprofessional. The head nurse (the owner’s daughter) took her position with absolutely no experience! The facility itself was rundown and old and smelled musty. My mother once told the owner that there was a smell in the hallway so that they could clean up whatever it was. The owner was very rude and asked my mother not to come back!!! My mother also tried to bring my uncle some of his favorite food and they made her take them back. She was told he couldn’t have them because ‘he might spill them’ which doesn’t make any sense because he could have spilled the food they served him just as easily. The worst part of it all was that he often had bruises all over his body! They accused him of often being aggressive but never at any time we were there, which was often, did he ever display any of these tendencies. It got to the point where we recently had to move him to a new home which is quite far away and we are unable to see him nearly as much. All we wanted was a nice place where he would be treated well as he lives out his last days in peace and harmony and unfortunately that was not the case. Please think very hard when making a decision to choice this facility for your loved one.

Social Worker # 1 January 09, 2012

I think that Hillside Terrace Retirement community is an excellent choice for placement for someone who is looking for a retirement community to reside in for them self, a friend or a family member. The common areas of the facility are beautifully designed and the architect is coordinated to fit into any seniors' life style with luxury and elegance. The retirement community living is in a serene setting that is cozy and homey. The common grounds and the surrounding neighborhoods are in a beautifully landscaped and spectacular serene setting and very tasteful to the eye. Any senior would enjoy their senior years there in such elegance and beauty to admire as well as to enjoy. It is in a wooded suburban setting in the beautiful Ann Arbor, Michigan and the residents enjoy it there and they are treated with the utmost dignity and respect by the staff and management there also. Their dining is elegant, luxury and on a restaurant style and they provide their residents with a varied menu to fit into their individual eating life styles.

They also offer a diverse community there and with various cultures for their residents to enjoy each other and socialize with one another. They also offer their residents an array of amenities and services. They provide transportations services, beauty/barber shops, 24 hour emergency response systems in each apartment and a variety of floor plans to fit into each individual life style. They also provide a balcony and a patio in their residents' apartments. They provide an exercise room, library room, computer room and assess for their residents, cable television for their residents to enjoy. They also provide 24 hour staff on duty and 24 hour on site security services for their residents and their residents also have their own individual car ports. They also provide dental, vision, podiatry, weekly lab test and X- ray available for their seniors individual needs as PRN. They provide recreational, social, and functional activities, card games and bingo, keno games etc. In general, I would have to rank Hillside Terrace Retirement Community in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a five stars rating for their excellence and expertise in elegance and luxury senior retirement living communities. In addition too I would most definitely recommend this retirement community to any and everyone 62 and above because I know that they would love it there and I know that they would do very well there also.

About Hillside Terrace

Hillside Terrace is an assisted living facility in Ann Arbor, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Hillside Terrace for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Hillside Terrace