Nursing Homes in Altoona

8 Communities

Altoona Center For Nursing Care

1020 Green Avenue, Altoona, PA
$$$$
Daughter of Person: "My family is very grateful to the 3rd floor staff who cared for my father. We appreciate the thoughtfulness and compassion extended to my father and to us by Marcia, the nurse practitioner, Marcia, the 3rd floor nurse, and all of the other staff involved in his care. Thank you so very much."

Valley View Home

301 Valley View Blvd, Altoona, PA
$$$$
James106975650: "My brother lives in a nursing home. It is Valley View Home in Altoona. It is pretty nice. They got a lot of activities and stuff going on. They have all different kinds, like in the summer time they take them to places and to ballgames. The staff is pretty good, and I know some of the people who work in there. Everything seems to be alright so far. They are just in a room. It has two people in a room, and they have a TV for each person. It is a pretty nice place and pretty c... (read more)

Golden Livingcenter - Hillview

700 S. CAYUGA AVENUE, Altoona, PA
$$$$
HappyCamper66: "Very caring staff. Therapy excellent. Thank you for helping my wife return home quickly and safely. "

Garvey Manor

128 LOGAN BOULEVARD, Hollidaysburg, PA
1 review
Caring86645150: "I visited Garvey Manor. They have nice-sized rooms. The staff was very nice. They were friendly. It's very well decorated. It's very pleasing to the eye when you walk in. I saw their dining room. It was very nice, but I didn't have any food. It was quite expensive. It's a very nice atmosphere. It's very well maintained. It's a beautiful place. They have a Catholic Church right there on the premises so that they could go to mass all the time. "

Presbyterian Village at Hollidaysburg

220 Newry Street, Hollidaysburg, PA
$$$$
Kathryn14: "I am in the rehab section of Presbyterian Village. I think it is really an excellent place. My only concern is that it is kind of far away from my home and family. But it is very nice, the accommodations are very nice, and it's got a homey feel to it as opposed to a clinical nursing. The staff is relatively small town people, and they are very nice, very caring people. The food, I think, is above average in variety, and there are lots of choices. It is more like home cooking... (read more)

Lutheran Home at Hollidaysburg

916 HICKORY STREET, Hollidaysburg, PA
1 review
Elaine25: "I was very pleased with Lutheran Home, and the people working there were very nice. The room that we looked up was upgraded,, but I know they’re upgrading other apartments. The dining facility was clean and very well decorated. They had card games, exercise classes, church services, and birthday parties. There is a call button in every room of the apartment so they are able to get help if they need it. It’s like a hotel, but they have a main meeting room where they have acti... (read more)

Hollidaysburg Veterans Home

500 Municipal Dr, Duncansville, PA
$$$$
warden77: "Food is good and you get plenty to eat. Nice clean beds, TV in every room. Kitchen facilities , computors , library. Good bussing available.."

Hollidaysburg Veterans Home

319 Hollidaysburg, Hollidaysburg, PA
$$$$

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Altoona area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 10 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Altoona area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 8 nursing homes communities in the Altoona area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.