Assisted Living in Ponca City
Creekside Village Assisted Living1500 East Bradley Avenue, Ponca City, OK
Via Cristi Village1601 Academy Road, Ponca City, OK
At A Glance
There are 3 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Ponca City is $3,162 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Ponca City area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 7 reviews of assisted living communities in the Ponca City area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 3 assisted living communities in the Ponca City area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ponca City
Ponca City, Oklahoma is home to authentic cowboys, rodeo shows and a famous 22-foot tall bronze statue of Chief Standing Bear. In addition to attending wild west shows and rodeo museums, other attractions in Ponca City range from Marland mansion tours to Native American history lessons.
Seniors who need some help with daily tasks can choose from three Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Ponca City. In Oklahoma, these facilities are and are governed statewide by the Oklahoma State Department of Health and defined as long-term care facilities that provide personal care services to senior residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ponca City
- The climate in Ponca City has warm summers with an average high temperature of 93 degrees Fahrenheit and mild winters with a low average of 25 degrees and only nine inches of snow. Seniors who enjoy the change of seasons may feel very comfortable living here.
- Ponca City’s crime rates are higher than the national averages, which may concern seniors and their loved ones. Violent crime is rated at 42.5 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 60.4, which is much higher than the national average of 38.1.
- The Ponca City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including AllianceHealth Ponca City, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors and individuals with limited mobility have access to Cimarron Public Transit, a curb-to-curb scheduled bus service. Seniors must call ahead to schedule their pickups.
- The American Lung Association has given Kay County an ozone rating of C, and a particle pollution 24-hour score of C, which means seniors with a serious respiratory illness may be affected adversely by the air quality.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ponca City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Ponca City start around $3,162 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ponca City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ponca City
SoonerCare, Oklahoma’s Medicaid plan, offers health care coverage to low-income seniors. The Advantage Waiver Program is available for qualified seniors to aid in covering the costs associated with assisted living. There are no non-Medicaid programs which cover assisted living costs in Oklahoma.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ponca City
Ponca City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ponca City
Ponca City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.