Assisted Living in Tipp City
Danbury in Huber Heights8001 Red Buckeye Drive, Tipp City, OH
Randall Residence of Tipp City6400 South CR 25A, Tipp City, OH
Brookdale Troy81 South Stanfield Road, Troy, OH
At A Glance
There are 5 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Tipp City is $3,200 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Tipp City area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 5 reviews of assisted living communities in the Tipp City area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 5 assisted living communities in the Tipp City area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tipp City
Tipp City is a charming community of almost 10,000 people located in Midwest Ohio. Sixteen percent of its residents are over the age of 65. To meet the needs of this important senior segment, there is one assisted living facility in the city and 13 more located in the nearby communities of Troy, Englewood, Dayton and Huber Heights. In Ohio, assisted living facilities are designated as residential care facilities (RCF) and are regulated by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). The ODH is responsible for licensing and facility inspections, including one unannounced inspection each year.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tipp City
- Summers can be hot and muggy in this part of the state which might bother seniors with respiratory problems. Winters can be extreme, too, with below-zero temperatures common in the early months of the year.
- Cost of living in Tipp City is 5.80 percent lower than the U.S. average, especially in the areas of groceries, health care and housing.
- The Miami County Transit Service provides door-to-door transportation to residents. Passengers can travel up to two miles into Huber Heights or Vandalia for an additional fee. Also, the service connects seniors to two Greater Dayton RTA bus stops. Seniors age 65 and older qualify for the Blue Card program for reduced fares. Dayton's RTA service also has reduced senior rates.
- The Tipp City Arts Council provides many opportunities for seniors to enjoy local arts exhibits such as Art in the Park and the Canal Music Fest. Seniors with artistic interests may participate in art classes and shows.
- Tipp City has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Upper Valley Medical Center, located in Troy.
- Tipp City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency on Aging which offers programs to help seniors with everyday living as well as health and vitality. Their Healthy U program offers regular interactive workshops dedicated to senior issues such as chronic pain self-management, diabetes self-management and chronic disease self-management.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tipp City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Tipp City start around $3,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tipp City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tipp City
Residents in Tipp City have several options for financial assistance to pay for assisted living including Medicaid waivers such as the PASSPORT waiver, the Assisted Living Waiver and the MyCare Ohio Plan. The Ohio Elderly Services Program (ESP) and the Residential State Supplement (RSS) also provide support to eligible applicants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tipp City
Tipp City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tipp City
Tipp City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.