Should I be concerned about the medical tests I've been getting for my thyroid?

I had an ultrasound of the thyroid which showed a 2mm hypoechoic nodule in the interpolar region of the right thyroid lobe and a 1.2 x 0.9 x 1.4 cm hypoechoic nodule in the medical aspect of the left thyroid lobe that extends into the left side of the isthmus that demostrates punctate internal microcalcifications. I did have an ultrasound guided fine needle biopsy and am awaiting results. No one has explained what any of this means. Should I be concerned?

The ultrasound of your thyroid showed some nodules; the first one is really tiny (2 millimeters is really small), and the second one was roughly 1cm around. This bigger one had some microcalcifications, so the doctors biopsied it to see what it was. Although they may just be cysts, no doctor can tell for sure what these nodules are unless a biopsy is done to show what types of cells are growing there. Therefore, you will need to wait for the report to find out what are. If they turn out to be cancerous, they are really small and you have probably caught them early. I am sure your endocrinologist will tell you what this means for you and give you treatment options. I hope it all turns out well for you.