Four Chaplains Nrsg Care Center

28349 JOY RD, Westland, MI, 48185

Reviews of Four Chaplains Nrsg Care Center

December 07, 2014

By Jeneane

Four Chaplains was also a nice place. It was an older nursing home, but it has been redone and is very well-kept. The staff was very nice in there as well, and the activities were good. They do a lot of exercising too, as much as the residents can do. I knew people there, so I know my mother will be secure in this facility.

March 30, 2014

By Kenneth7

My mother seemed pretty much satisfied with the care at Four Chaplains. They keep bringing me up to date on what they are doing. The care has been a big help. Some of her visitors so far have all been satisfied with it. Plus, I think one of the key things was that it’s not that far from where I am, so it's not a long distance. It's a combination. The staff is responsive, plus my wife had worked for some of those assisted living places, so she checks on my mom, and that pretty much takes care of everything. They are clean; they keep it up to par. It's a day-by-day thing, so I'm satisfied. I seem to be happy with that.

October 14, 2011

By Kimber1

I visited my grandmother at Four Chaplains every week over the span of many years. It always appeared to be clean and the staff were usually pleasant. I often saw the staff members, especially nurses, joking and being friendly to the residents there. My grandmother felt like she had a family-like bond with some of the staff. The rooms were quite small - but the residents were allowed to decorate and personalize their own space. There were activities. which the residents were encouraged to attend. Overall it was not an unpleasant experience, considering the circumstances.

October 14, 2011

By Tiarablue

When I visit the facility I was training as a CNA. the staff there was okay but I wouldn't say the were super happy or anything. They seem over worked and a few seem to have a bad attitude. As for the residence one sticks in my mind a woman who wasn't so happy, she would tell us that they didn't care about her. She seemed lonely. I felt so bad. As far as the facilities I have seen better. They had a salon and a nice sitting room for the residence which was nice and the halls were semi clear.

July 27, 2011

By Creative Care Giver

The Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center is a small facility located in Westland near the boarders of Redford, Dearborn Heights, Livonia and Garden City Michigan. The center appears to focus on short term care for those in need of rehabilitation and long term care for those with conditions such as Alzheimer's or Dementia. Although the common areas (lobby, courtyard, tv rooms) are aesthetically pleasing, much is left to be desired in the patient rooms which are small, difficult to maneuver with a wheel chair (which everyone is in) and leave much to be desired in the way of privacy (shared restrooms) and storage of belongings. Many services are provided (as stated on the website) http://www.4chaplainsncc.com/services but must be inquired about, pursued and followed up on. As is in most cases those with patient advocates appear to have their needs addressed over those without. Nursing care while focused and attended to is primarily limited to dispensing medication. Follow up care is lacking. Aide to patient ratio seems to be a stretch and busy periods are rushed and stressful for both patient and caregivers. Food is adequate and "mistakes" such as forgetting meal items are not uncommon. Activities are directed toward those without mental and physical limitations. I would recommend this facility with moderate caution. It works best for short term care with a patient who can clearly report and respond to treatment. Those who cannot are unfortunately often on their own.

Features of Four Chaplains Nrsg Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Four Chaplains Nrsg Care Center

Four Chaplains Nrsg Care Center is a nursing home in Westland, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Four Chaplains Nrsg Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Four Chaplains Nrsg Care Center