Bel Air at Teravista

4105 Teravista Club Drive, Round Rock, TX, 78665

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Bel Air at Teravista

Bill110691550 July 29, 2015

Bel Air at Teravista was a new facility. I placed my wife there for respite care, and we liked it. I suspect they were shorthanded. She said the food is OK. It was a really nice facility. The rooms were clean, and they had large bathrooms. They also had a nice shower setup. The physical therapy people were great.

lynnfriel June 08, 2015

The low level of care provided at this location is unbelievable. My FIL spent a month here and the care was horrible. He is quadriplegic and one of the nurses left him in the shower to grab a towel. He fell over and hit his head, we are lucky he wasn't hurt more than he was. He was unable to hit a call button by normal means so he had a special device he could use. The night nurses moved the call device out of his reach so he couldn't bother them.
There was no 'release' plan after his rehabilitation time was over. Insurance said they wouldn't pay for anymore so they dropped him off. No follow up nursing, no training, nothing. It took us almost a full week before we had a follow up visit to assist. This is a person who had no way of feeding himself, going to the bathroom, anything. My husband and I both work full time jobs - but my husband did his best. Our FIL ended up having to go back into the hospital to get his bed sore that developed at this facility. This place made a horrible situation into a nightmare. All we've heard since he was released was 'this isnt how it is supposed to happen.'
If you have choices - go somewhere else. The quality of care here is very suspect.

SOlson March 31, 2015

This business is a case study in unrealized potential. The building is less than 2 years old and is absolutely gorgeous. It has a lovely Texas atmosphere and is everything that you would want in an upscale, cutting edge facility specializing in the care of our loved ones. They have more than enough staff on duty at all times and their residents should be cared for in the dignified and attentive way that one hopes to receive. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

When we toured the facility in preparation for finding a rehab and possible new home for my 91 year old grandmother, we thought we had lucked into the best of all possible worlds. Once she moved in, it was a very different experience. The hall in which she was staying was heartbreaking. There was one man who was in his bed with the door open to his room. He was repeatedly yelling, "Round Rock Police! Help me! Help me!" The staff ignored him. There was another man on her hall who kept falling out of bed. He would lie in the floor yelling for help until someone finally came. Several times it seemed that the only way the staff would go into his room to help was if someone went to the nurse's desk and told them he needed help. One day my grandmother was nauseous. She told her attendants repeatedly. Four hours later I came in to visit and she was still suffering. No one claimed to know anything about it, in spite of her telling them that she couldn't go to dinner because she felt bad. Additionally, they seemed to find it difficult to follow the doctor's orders.

The worst of it was that after 20 days they discharged her without discovering what her medical problem was. She had been admitted because she fell several times from a standing position for some unknown reason. They decided it might be because her blood pressure would drop suddenly after standing. So the doctor ordered blood pressure checks 1x a day. They were to check it in a laying, sitting and standing position. They never seemed to remember to do the check. They also never figured out if that was actually the problem. We learned in a later hospital stay that she wasn't absorbing oxygen and needed to be on oxygen 24/7 with regular nebulizer albuterol treatments.

If they had kept her the 100 days needed to have her admitted into skilled nursing under Medicare/Medicaid guidelines, they might have actually discovered why she was falling. The staff was very nice. They looked like they were doing everything they were supposed to do, but the reality was that they weren't and I'm disgusted that we wasted time there. My grandmother was miserable there. It could be such a pleasant place, but it isn't. It's horrible and sad.

About Bel Air at Teravista

Bel Air at Teravista is a nursing home in Round Rock, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Bel Air at Teravista for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Bel Air at Teravista

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Bel Air at Teravista