Bel Air at Teravista

4105 Teravista Club Drive, Round Rock, TX, 78665

Reviews of Bel Air at Teravista

SmithFamily94 January 23, 2016

After a fall and 3 days in the hospital, my stepmother was transferred to Belair. It was a beautiful facility, but we were soon sorry we selected it. We gave them a copy of the document naming my stepsister as the power of attorney. After 7 days, instead of calling my stepsister, they called my 96 year-old father and told him that his wife needed to be admitted to hospice care, probably would not live more than 7 days, and he needed to take her home and talked him into signing the hospice papers. He could not take her home and care for her when she could not even get out of bed to use the toilet and neither her daughter or I were equipped to provide the care she needed. After the hospice papers were signed, we had to private pay because medicare will not pay for skilled nursing for hospice patients. After a month, and more really bad experiences, we felt we had to move her from Belair to a nearby facility who took wonderful care of her until she died after 3 more months in skilled nursing.

Jeri Turnquist November 20, 2015

We had reviewed several facilities to move our father after a recent illness. We decided to admit to Bel Air under Hospice care. Unfortunately our father passed at the hospital prior to the transfer. I would like to share my experience during the decision of choosing Bel Air. It is a beautiful environment and staff seemed friendly and knowledgeable. I had been told this facility was going through a change of management and folks were reporting obvious changes in the environment. Even after our loss the staff showed compassion and showed genuine concern for our family. I would highly encourage others to visit and see for themselves what a great place this is.

nen1301 November 13, 2015

My mother was at this facility for skilled nursing. I wish that there was something good to say about this facility other than it is beautiful and new. The menus are so inappropriate for seniors - spicy barbeque more than once a week, mexican food, no green vegtables, slaw with so much vinegar, it took my breath away and was inedible. Sandwiches were on a plate and the bread was soaked to slop from juices of other foods. The doctor was there and I asked if he would eat the soaked bread which just hung over a knife. His comment "NO!" One morning I arrived at 10:45am...breakfast still was covered and sitting on a counter and not offered to my mother. Another day I was there from 12:00 noon to 1:30pm. No lunch had been served and I asked what time lunch was. Someone went to the kitchen and brought a tray. My mother had been forgotten. Basic care is clean clothes. My mother was dressed in previously worn clothing including under garments. I complained about her not being dressed in available clean clothing and it just did not seem to sink in. After 5 days of this nonsense, I moved her to another facility. While waiting for her records and meds to hand carry to the new facility, I had to remind the nurse of the meds. She had the records on a PC and her comment was: "I keep thinking I am forgetting something". I was never sure that my mother was given her medications. I agree that family members need to be involved but the neglect, lack of organization and ignorance regarding common cleanliness at this facility requires 24 hour supervision. This lack of organization is just not at the lowest level, it radiated from the administration down. Stars??? none unless I cannot post the review.

DayBow October 11, 2015

If I could I would put in NO STARS!! Stay away! There is NOT enough staff to care for the patients. Management is non existent. The director is never there, constantly leaving messages she will not see you only give you a call. My father left with bedsores and infected toes. PT was good but that is not enough. Feel sorry for the patients who are unable to advocate for themselves. Don't be fooled by how pretty it is there. The care for the patients is horrible!!

Bill110691550 July 29, 2015

Bel Air at Teravista was a new facility. I placed my wife there for respite care, and we liked it. I suspect they were shorthanded. She said the food is OK. It was a really nice facility. The rooms were clean, and they had large bathrooms. They also had a nice shower setup. The physical therapy people were great.

lynnfriel June 08, 2015

The low level of care provided at this location is unbelievable. My FIL spent a month here and the care was horrible. He is quadriplegic and one of the nurses left him in the shower to grab a towel. He fell over and hit his head, we are lucky he wasn't hurt more than he was. He was unable to hit a call button by normal means so he had a special device he could use. The night nurses moved the call device out of his reach so he couldn't bother them. There was no 'release' plan after his rehabilitation time was over. Insurance said they wouldn't pay for anymore so they dropped him off. No follow up nursing, no training, nothing. It took us almost a full week before we had a follow up visit to assist. This is a person who had no way of feeding himself, going to the bathroom, anything. My husband and I both work full time jobs - but my husband did his best. Our FIL ended up having to go back into the hospital to get his bed sore that developed at this facility. This place made a horrible situation into a nightmare. All we've heard since he was released was 'this isnt how it is supposed to happen.' If you have choices - go somewhere else. The quality of care here is very suspect.

SOlson March 31, 2015

This business is a case study in unrealized potential. The building is less than 2 years old and is absolutely gorgeous. It has a lovely Texas atmosphere and is everything that you would want in an upscale, cutting edge facility specializing in the care of our loved ones. They have more than enough staff on duty at all times and their residents should be cared for in the dignified and attentive way that one hopes to receive. Unfortunately, this is not the case. When we toured the facility in preparation for finding a rehab and possible new home for my 91 year old grandmother, we thought we had lucked into the best of all possible worlds. Once she moved in, it was a very different experience. The hall in which she was staying was heartbreaking. There was one man who was in his bed with the door open to his room. He was repeatedly yelling, "Round Rock Police! Help me! Help me!" The staff ignored him. There was another man on her hall who kept falling out of bed. He would lie in the floor yelling for help until someone finally came. Several times it seemed that the only way the staff would go into his room to help was if someone went to the nurse's desk and told them he needed help. One day my grandmother was nauseous. She told her attendants repeatedly. Four hours later I came in to visit and she was still suffering. No one claimed to know anything about it, in spite of her telling them that she couldn't go to dinner because she felt bad. Additionally, they seemed to find it difficult to follow the doctor's orders. The worst of it was that after 20 days they discharged her without discovering what her medical problem was. She had been admitted because she fell several times from a standing position for some unknown reason. They decided it might be because her blood pressure would drop suddenly after standing. So the doctor ordered blood pressure checks 1x a day. They were to check it in a laying, sitting and standing position. They never seemed to remember to do the check. They also never figured out if that was actually the problem. We learned in a later hospital stay that she wasn't absorbing oxygen and needed to be on oxygen 24/7 with regular nebulizer albuterol treatments. If they had kept her the 100 days needed to have her admitted into skilled nursing under Medicare/Medicaid guidelines, they might have actually discovered why she was falling. The staff was very nice. They looked like they were doing everything they were supposed to do, but the reality was that they weren't and I'm disgusted that we wasted time there. My grandmother was miserable there. It could be such a pleasant place, but it isn't. It's horrible and sad.

About Bel Air at Teravista

Bel Air at Teravista is a nursing home in Round Rock, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Bel Air at Teravista for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Bel Air at Teravista

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: