Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

Overview of Ratings

3.1

September 30, 2014

Mom stayed in Dellridge Rehab and I thought they were absolutely excellent. They were on the ball. They had call buttons, and when she stood up and forgot to use her call button, the buzzer goes off and someone from staff would come running. The only reason why I took out one star and would give them only 4-star rating was because one night I was there very late, and she was in so much pain. She's 89 years old and she did have 3 compression fractures in her thigh, they're not going to heal fast and they're going to hurt like hell. My main objection right now was to get her out of pain. I was talking with the nurse who was on duty that night and I said: "I think she needs a little bit of something like a little geriatric dose of some sort of pain medicine" and she said to me: "You know what, I feel the same way". The next night I went in, she spoke with me and she said: "Oh, I have bad news. I spoke to my supervisor and she said absolutely not! That's how we keep our 5-star rating. We don't drug our patients." I told her: "I am not asking you to give her Corzine. I am asking you a geriatric dose of some sort of pain medication. We're worried about her being a drug addict at 89 years old." In fact, I would even take another star and just make them average because I didn't know like at the last meeting when they told me "Okay you have two days to find another facility." They didn't give enough time. I felt like they should have given me at least a week to find an assisted living place for her. I just felt like they were not happy people. If they don't have a happy staff, they don't have happy people.

August 23, 2014

By maggie24

It is very nice place, very clean but not for a person with dementia. My Mom fell quite a few times and eventually broke a hip. They just don't have the staff to be able to watch a patient with dementia. But, the aides are terrific. Nurses nice. Doctors do not call you back though. Food selection is great. Cannot say anything bad except do not put dementia diagnosed person in there.

October 24, 2012

By bigjim82

When her doctors informed our family that it was time for my Grandmother to move to a nursing home the news did not come easy. She previously had been living for 7 years at a very nice independent living community. But she could no longer take care of herself and it was time to find a nursing home. I helped take the lead in my family's research to find the best nursing home (because I lived nearby her) and I did extensive local research. We would up picking Dell Ridge in Paramus, New Jersey. The place took exceptional care of my grandmother and there was never a worry about her safety or well being. The only complaint we had at all was how expensive it became. But, you get that problem no matter where you go if you don't have long term care insurance. All in all I give it a 9 out of 10.

July 02, 2012

By bigfrank82

Del Ridge provides top-notch reliable and safe service. The best part about Del Ridge is that you can rest assured that your loved one is in safe hands. My grandmother was there for over two years and we never once had any kind of problem. She was always clean and up for the day, fed well, and kept busy with activities. A big positive of Del Ridge is their wide variety of activities that they provide to keep the residents from being bored. Our family's only complaint about Del Ridge was the expense. It is very hard to afford on a long-term basis if you don't have long term care insurance, and ultimately, the cost was the sole reason why we had to move my grandmother out of Del Ridge. I am sure the prices vary depending on the level of care but it was $11,000 a month for my grandmother and this kind of expense on a regular reoccurring basis was simply unsustainable for our family. If money isn't an issue, however, I can confidently recommend Del Ridge to anybody.

Features of Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Paramus, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center