Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Brian Center Health & Retirement/monroe
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Advocate1234 January 25, 2015
1.0

We received substandard and negligent care for my elderly mother at the Brian Center. She fell in the hallway in the afternoon and the staff returned her to her bed. The Brian Center staff notified us of her fall and told us a mobile xray unit had been called to their facility to check my mom. After making three calls to the Center to inquire on my mom's status over a 7 hour period, we were informed that the xray unit still had not arrived and would not be coming. My mother was in excruciating pain for 7 hours, until the staff finally decided to call the ambulance to send her to the ER. We requested that a staff person accompany her because my wife and I were ill with the flu and could not meet my mom at the ER. We were assured that a staff person from the Center would go with her, particularly since she has dementia; however this did not happen. We waited throughout the evening for a call regarding my mom's status in the ER, but never received any word. We called the Brian Center early in the morning and was upset to learn that my mom fractured her hip and was admitted to the hospital. The hospital doctor called us to let us know that surgery would be required; however, we were also informed that my mom had a severe urinary tract infection and that would have to treated before the surgeon could perform the surgery. Her UTI was apparently left undetected by the Brian Center staff who cared for her daily needs. We believe the Brian Center should be cited for their negligence, poor nursing care, and lack of professionalism and expedience in providing quality care. If you are searching for a nursing and/or rehabilitation facility for your loved one, we highly encourage you to look elsewhere at another more reputable facility.

Brian Center Health & Retirement/monroe
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Lastever July 27, 2011
4.0

My mother has been an assisted living resident of this facility for the past two years and it has worked out for both of us. She was able to live in the town she grew up in. I live out of state and I have a great working relationship with staff and doctors. They will alert you to all changes with their patients and are responsive to all questions and concerns.

Medicare Ratings