Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center | Nursing Home

810 EAST WALNUT, Independence, MO, 64050
Claim Listing

Reviews of Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center | Nursing Home

Satisfied September 08, 2011

I have only had experience with the Alzeheimer's lock down area of Carmel Hills, but I found the staff to be outstanding. They are extremely caring of their patients and are really on top of their likes and dislikes. When there is an urine smell which happens with this type of patient, they are on it right away and have housekeeping or themselves clean it up. I am sorry that other people have had bad experences with Carmel Hills but I feel that my father is being taken care of with love and concern.

Unhappyhere May 03, 2011

Visited this facility

BEWARE!!! Worst nursing home ever! We have had a horrible experience here with our father residing at Carmel Hills. First of all when you walk in the facility you are hit with the strong smell of unrine and feces. If you show up at lunch time it's pitiful to see all the gomered out residents in their wheel chairs lined up outside their rooms with no staff interaction what so ever. The management didn't want to deal with my father's mental health they gave us a 30 day notice of eviction. They have a lock down area but said he wouldn't be happy there, though the truth we believe to be is that he would have been too costly for them compared to their medicare reimbursement. They could never get his medication to him on time which was very important to his parkinsons. We were very disappointed with the way the social worker would handle his care as well. Over all I would never put a loved one here. Unfortunately you don't realize how bad it is until you have moved in. They're smooth talkers to get you in.

bsure2frog March 14, 2011

Do not Use

I would NOT recommend this facility and I will NOT take any of my loved ones their again, My grandfather was only there for a week and it was the worst week of his and our lives. Improper medications and administration of medications, very little supervision and care, negative and hostile employees. Overall I am not sure how a place can stay in business by letting patients sit in urine and feces for several hours and refusing to help them to the restroom, not to mention the mistakes with the medication and just plain ignoring the patients needs. In the week we were their I did not see one smiling face from patients to employees. Please check it out before you use the facility.

About Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Independence, MO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center