Glengariff Health Care Center

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Glengariff Health Care Center

jniss April 25, 2016

Other

My mother came in needing swallowing rehab and died. This place should be put out of business. The whole experience was a nightmare. There was no doctor for 2 days -- nobody came in when she was dying. They mistreated her and then did nothing when she took a turn for the worst because of it. They have no medical expertise at all; the director is all attitude and did nothing to help us. I will never live this down. DON'T LET ANYONE CONVINCE you to go here!!!!! Anyone who thinks it is a good place doesn't know what they are talking about.

Joeblo March 26, 2016

It is a beautiful place. It is clean, and that's the good part. The bad part is that if you need ANY help from the staff the will tell you that they will be back and then they NEVER CONE BACK. I have seen this multiple times in 4 weeks. You basically are on your own, and if you can't move, well then your stuck. I wouldn't send en enemy there. BTW after your rehab, they will do nothing for you the rest of the day. The weekends are the worst though, it's when they ignore you exist altogether..don't go to this place!!

Kim117712250 December 29, 2015

My dad was at Glengariff Healthcare Center for rehab. We were very happy with them. The place was beautiful and clean, and everybody was very helpful and caring. They had entertainment going on, too. It was very good. The rooms were clean, neat, and very nice. The whole facility was very nice, including the dining area.

stef1111 November 10, 2015

Disappointing!

There nurses do not show care for the patients needs. They do not look at your medical chart and listen to concerns. Upon our first day arrival they did nothing to help us settle in and when I started asking questions and requesting our needs to be filled they came back with resentment. the room wasn't cleaned from the patient's belonging previously and no toilet facilities were organized just as a start.

In speaking to the a few of the floors patients I have realized that we are not the only one with complaints. They they all agreed saying how difficult it has been for them. They also said that its best not to speak up because the nurse will take out there anger on the patient. Scary isn't it. People who need genuine help get treated like this.

I am disappointed and horrified that this is the experience from a nursing home who's only task is to take care of there patients. I am mostly disappointed in myself i didn't take time to read all the reviews. Please do not make the mistake that I have made. There is nothing worse then watching disabled loved ones treated with disrespect and lack of concern.

Best.

Cathy101543550 January 19, 2015

We took a tour of Glengariff Healthcare Center. The staff was helpful although I did not see a lot of them around. I did not see a lot of activities. They did have a calendar or activities posted. It was a secure place because they had valet parking. It was very clean.

Fitztab December 15, 2014

This place was so dirty, my mother sheets where never changed, they actually had the same hole in them 3 days in a row, until I said something. And there was the same straw under the bed the entire time she was there. The patients would beg to be helped, and nobody helped them. I actually had to help a few of them. Way understaffed. It was actually when they were going through a state inspection. God only knows how bad they are normally.

Caring86776050 September 24, 2014

When my mom was in the hospital we heard through others that Glengariff was a good place to go, but I didn’t really find it great. Though the place was clean, there were one or two nurses that were really friendly that my mother liked. The other ones were very difficult to get answers from. When I first brought her there they didn’t even look at us, and we felt like we were bothering them almost.

Sjc123 July 30, 2014

One of the worst. Workers that are on alzemiers and dementia floor don't speak English nor do they care what happens to the patients. Believe me one of the worst long term nursing homes

About Glengariff Health Care Center

Glengariff Health Care Center is a nursing home in Glen Cove, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Glengariff Health Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Glengariff Health Care Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335211

Location of Glengariff Health Care Center