Brian Center Health & Rehab/ch

5939 REDDMAN ROAD, Charlotte, NC, 28212

Reviews of Brian Center Health & Rehab/ch

Modene July 16, 2015

I checked in for respitory rehab, stayed 12 days, the place was dirty, smelly, the staff was not friendly, and impossible to reach when you needed something. The food was greasy, starchy and skimpy. They took 4 days to get some of my meds, lost some and got some wrong. When I got double pneumonia there, they insisted my fiance call 911 to get an ambulance to the hospital. I wouldn't send a sick skunk there. I hated I stayed as long as I did, my insurance dictated where they would pay....what a rip off. Please don't send a loved one there if you have a choice. I would rate a - 10 if possible.

Caring109171950 June 29, 2015

I did visit the Brian Center. My husband was there for about a month, and it wasn't good at all. They were not friendly, and they were not cooperative. It was smelly and dirty. They need to have some better housekeepers to keep the rooms clean, and they need to have nurses' assistants that are going to keep the patients clean.

Caring47601 October 19, 2013

Brian Center Nursing Care was a horrible place. I wouldn't have anybody go there not even somebody that I hated. But I chose it because it was attached to the assisted living facility that is run by the same people, and that place was nice. When I first went to Brian Center, nobody had the time to talk to me. The receptionist was very nice as well as the nurses, but they are under staffed.

The doctor from the hospital had requested tests done which they never forwarded to him. I am still calling them to try and get the results from the test. You can never speak to anybody because nobody answers the phone. However, the place was clean because they have people there that came in and clean.

Caring7689 November 28, 2012

Brian Center is the only place that would take my husband in. He suffers from depression and all kinds of physical problems. But he seems to be happy now. The staff is very helpful. They have very good meals. It's like a restaurant. They fix whatever he wants and he picks it out.

retiresoon November 02, 2012

I visited the Brian Center for 6 years while my dad was there. I honestly think he would have died sooner if my sister had not gone to check on him everyday. The facility was dreary and depressing. Staff turnover was high and the quality of the staff members was questionable. I can not prove it, but I think the bookkeeping is suspect too. They were requiring all his social security and his pension on a monthly basis, so that left nothing for my mom to live on. My dad died in September 2012 and we were told that he had money left on his account, but no one will tell us how to get this money. Emails and phone calls are not returned. We could not afford to send him to a nicer place, so this is where the poor who are on medicare and medicaid end up. I would not recommend this Brian Center to anyone. At one point they had decent nurses and staffers, but in the last few years their qualilty of service has dropped drastically. STAY AWAY FROM THIS REHAB FACILITY!

be careful September 13, 2012

My dad had a knee replacement and after 3 days in the hospital they sent him to the Brian Center to recover. My dad was there for one day when he called me and demanded that I come pick him up. When I got there I walked in the front door which was a large automatic sliding door. There was a lady in a wheel chair stuck in the middle of the door trying to leave the lobby. I pushed her back inside and was shocked no one was in the lobby or front desk. As i walked down the hall looking for someone I noticed dozens of people in wheels chairs just sitting by themselves. The hallways were dark with flickering light bulbs. I reached the nurses desk and they pointed me to my dads room. When I entered the room my dad was in an aggravated state and he asked who I was. After an hour of explaining who I was and trying to calm him down the nurse came in and said my dad was dehydrated and confused. As we were leaving I noticed the room was very dirty and even had mold in the closet. I didn't think things like this were still around especially in a well to do city like Charlotte. We left the Brian center and went straight to the emergency room where my dad spent a couple of days healing from dehydration and an infection in his knee. I honestly think if my dad would have stayed there his life would have been in danger.

cdayton August 19, 2011

I visited this facility while assisting a client in locating a long term care facility. This facility is located in a convenient neighborhood of Charlotte but honestly, that's about all I can say that is really positive about it.

The facility is older and most rooms are shared. It felt very under staffed during our visit with many residents sitting in wheelchairs or laying in their bed, appearing to be bored and unattended to. I did not see any structured activities going on during the hour or so we were in the facility (earlier afternoon - before lunchtime). It appeared as if the facility was short on staff and the staff that were in the building just didn't seem to be doing a great job of attending to resident's needs.

We visited the dining hall during lunch and it was clean but also in need of some updating. I counted at least three residents that I really felt could have used some assistance with feeding but no staff were offering help to them. Again, it appeared the facility might have been short on staff which concerns me as far as resident's having their nutritional and safety needs met.

My client made a decision to find a different facility and pretty quickly crossed this one off of her list. I had to agree with her, and would not recommend this facility to others seeking long term or short term care.

About Brian Center Health & Rehab/ch

Brian Center Health & Rehab/ch is a nursing home in Charlotte, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Brian Center Health & Rehab/ch for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Brian Center Health & Rehab/ch

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Brian Center Health & Rehab/ch