Heartland Health Care Center-canton

7025 N Lilley Rd, Canton, MI, 48187

Reviews of Heartland Health Care Center-canton

Heartland survivor August 16, 2015

The only reason I gave this a one star is that I couldn't give it none. I came to Heartland after a knee replacement. The rep that visited me in the hospital promised me a private room; wonderful rehab; great food, etc, etc. When I was taken there on a Friday evening I was whisked away to a double room with a sick patient on oxygen and told they would not have a private room until Monday. I was told absolutely nothing else except that a nurse would be with me shortly. After about 1/2 hour a nurse showed up and I reminded her about the susceptibility of infection after having a knee replacement and that I shouldn't be in a room with a sick woman. She said not to worry about it and I'd be ok (really?). I asked to at least move to a room with a healthy resident but was told no other beds were available. She asked me all kinds of questions as to what I could do; shower by myself; dress myself; things of that order...never once took vitals. In the course of this strange conversation I asked how soon I could get pain meds (I had brought the prescriptions from my surgeon) and was told that their own doctor would write a script and the meds wouldn't be in until Monday since they come from out of state!!!! She said I could have a couple of Advil and then left the room. I called a friend to pick me up and take me home. I buzzed and told the person who came in that I was leaving and was given the hardest time about leaving against the doctors orders...WHAT DOCTOR?!?!?! When my friend (a firefighter/paramedic) picked me up he asked me if I knew the place was under quarantine for one of the flu viruses and they had failed to post the properly sized notice at the entrance. Now I know why so many employees were wearing masks!!!!! End result was that I ended up in the emergency room the next day in agonizing pain from no pain meds (and the other stuff like the blood thinner you take after surgery). I probably wouldn't have bothered to rate the place but when I got a statement from Medicare indicating that they paid Heartland for a full day (even though I left in 2 hours) I felt enough is enough. I have since reported them for Medicare fraud. Do not, I repeat, do not go to this place or put a loved one there.

Vlogan July 01, 2015

Horrible! Dont let the beautiful environment fool you! My grandfather, in a wheelchair was lost for hours and nobody had any idea were he was, it wasn't until my mother went to visit and couldn't find him it was noticed! They seemed to not even care. It was terrifying to think he could have had a medical emergency or something and nobody could have helped! Very upset! Want him out immediately!

Kathy W. March 12, 2015

I was discharged yesterday from this facility. My departure typified my entire stay. They handed me some papers ( my discharge instructions) did not review them and asked me to sign. I did sign, but I was careful to write down the fact that the instructions had not been reviewed.

The nursing assistants are terrible. It took 5 days to get a wash cloth and a hand towel. I finally stood, with my walker, at the nurse's desk and asked everyone who went by if they knew where I could get the towels. After 15 minutes the nurse behind the desk opened a drawer (didn't even have to stand up) and handed me the towels.

I accidentally spilled my juice and asked for help. The folded the sheet over the wet sheet and left it. The tray was left dripping juice and I did not get a replacement breakfast.

This is just a couple examples of the poor care I received from the aids.

It also proved to be almost impossible to get my prescribed pain medicine. One day, after waiting 3 hours and numerous calls to the nurse, I crawled on the floor to get the medicine. A couple of the nurses were outstanding, Teh and Heather on the night shift. Everyone else was there just killing time until they could leave.

The food is horrendous. If you plan on putting your loved one in this facility, plan on bringing in meals. The food there is uneatable.

The case worker Pat is also terrible. Did not assist me or bother to give me an explanation. If you can believe it, I had Blue Cross trying to approve an extra week and Pat would not fill out the paperwork. I still don't understand why they didn't want to accept my money. I guess it was a lot of work to fill out the paperwork.

Please think carefully before you place a loved one in this facility.

Caring106674250 February 25, 2015

I don't want to go to Heartland Health Care Center either. It is just for people who had surgery and were recuperating. My husband was in there, and we wouldn't recommend that one either. The facility is very nice, but as nice as it was, the staff was horrible. They didn't attend to the people. I wouldn't recommend it because we had a bad experience there. They have a lot of nice things in there. They have an exercise room and a nice dining room. Then you have to share a room. People that went there liked it, but we didn't like it because we had no help at night. They need to have the staff that are caring at night.

jessw January 30, 2015

My mom was recently on the first floor. Loved the staff. she received great care, exceptional rehab. I did have a couple small things i pointed out to the staff and it was taken care of and i did not have to ask a second time. will use this facility again, but hoping we wont need to.

Caring68792050 October 23, 2013

I was in Heartland for rehab and it was a beautiful place. The rooms don't even look like hospital rooms at all. It has opened around a year or so when I stayed there. They've got different sitting areas especially in the summer outside, that was really nice. They have different rooms inside for the patients for different activities. The problem is the care and the staff. The care was not that good. If you need maximum care and assistance, that is not the place for you. If you could get up and do a few things for yourself a little bit, it would be a good place.

mamakremer June 27, 2012

I did not have much experience with the staff but from what I saw the residents seemed to be comfortable. There were a number of activities for the residents daily, as well as a decent food selection. It looked like a hospital inside but despite that fact it appeared to be well equipped to handle minor emergencies in-house. My grandfather never commented too much on the staff which is a benefit more than anything because he was always a man who was quick to point out the negative things about his situation. He was mentally sharp, which led to him being quite bored there but because of his physical limitations he was not ready to leave for a few months.

About Heartland Health Care Center-canton

Heartland Health Care Center-canton is a nursing home in Canton, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland Health Care Center-canton for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Heartland Health Care Center-canton

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Heartland Health Care Center-canton