Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation

4499 Manhattan College Parkway, Bronx, NY, 10471

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation

Eliz424 July 24, 2014

spent two weeks here in the rehabilitation section. I had a private room, everyone here does, which was very nice. The nursing staff are wonderful people. The rehab staff got me back on my feet feeling, not just okay, but really good.
I would recommend the Methodist Home to anyone who needs to spend time in rehab.

Susan/Paul April 21, 2014

We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude to everyone at Methodist Home for the palliative care that our Dad received. Our initial encounter was with Carmen who provided us with a tour and information about the facility. Her dedication to the patients was unmistakable. Our Dad received undivided, compassionate care from each and every staff member at Methodist. Dad's care was undivided and gentle at all times. After a short week our Dad passed away. We will be invariably grateful for everyone we encountered at Methodist. Sincerely, Anne, Paul and Susan

peggyb54 March 10, 2014

My Dad was there for 4 weeks and it's one of the best nursing home in Riverdale. Everyone was very nice from the people you met when you came into the home to the people who served the food they were excellent and took very good care of my Dad.

rracosta December 13, 2013

My mother was here after need surgery for rehab. We visited several other facility around and desided on Methodist. I found the staff to be very caring, from the person that clean the floor to the doctors. Each of the members of the staff took the time to understand my mother's need and ensure they were met. I will not hesitate based on my mother experience and result to recommend this place to anyone needing rehab.

Mikey1829 July 27, 2013

I was looking for a testimonial page on the website but I guess this will be a good way to express my heartful gratitude to everyone at the Methodist Home for the great and undivided care my mom has received since she entered the facility over two years ago.For over two years I was trying to care for my mom practically by myself at her home,most reluctant to put her in any nursing home.When the burden became too much for both her and my family,the Methodist Home happen to to fall into our laps like a gift from above.The admission process seemed quite overwhelming at first but the admissions director Marion made the transformation an easy one because of her heart being in her work and completely understanding what my two brothers and I were going through.She made the process of getting my mom her Medicaid an easy one.Thank you Marion.I will truly NEVER forget what you did for us.After a short adjustment period,my mom began to gain weight again,her senses became stable.and she began to show her spunk once again.The rehab staff and center were amazing and everyone associated with it deserved ten thumbs up for their patience and skill.At 90 years old my mom began to get her strength back.Her adjustment to the Home itself,was rather quick due to the great care she received from the nursing staff,nursing aides,and doctors.Some of social activity at the Home usually has a musical touch to it and this is great due to the fact that my mom associates music to every thing in life as most elderly people do but my family is one from a huge scale musical background of maestros and musicians.I want to thank the Home's Chief Director Maria for always having an open door and an open ear as well.You are awesome Maria.I've had a rough go at it with heartbreaks and heartaches within my family over the past ten years but the Methodist Home took a great deal of stress and heavy burden off my family's shoulders and for this I am truly grateful.If I had to thank every one individually,I'd be literally writing a long book.It's been THAT goodThe nurses are all TOP NOTCH.Thank you Vivian and the third floor nurses, Nurse Jacobs,Larinda,Kathleen ,and the rest of the third floor nursing staff .Last but not least,I call the nurses aides "angels of mercy" because these are the people that do the "hands on" job of actually caring for my mom.They are nothing short of extraordinary and I thank each and very one of you for all and everything that you have done and will do.The patience and skill level that these people possess is mind boggling..I should also mention that even the maintenance workers and cafeteria workers as well are very much involved with the residents' well being.I can go on and on but I just want to thank each and every one associated with the Methodist Home from the bottom of my heart for extending my mom's life and giving back her dignity and her sense of humor.AND for preserving my sanity which for a while I felt like I was losing from all the stress involved with trying to preserve the best care for my mom who is my whole world.In this letter I may have said thank you much too many times over but I will end it with this : Thank You,Thank You, Thank You, and God Bless the Methodist Home and each and every one of you and your families..Sincerely,Michael Maffei

Julia66 June 08, 2012

The aides, physical therapists and occupational therapists, along with the head of food service, were kind, compassionate people. However, in the 2 weeks my father was there, I never saw a doctor, and the nurses were often rushed and too busy, or verging on the apathetic. My father's condition deteriorated quite rapidly, and I was very disappointed by their lack of motivation by the nurses to maintain a baseline level of health for him. He left after two weeks in worse shape than when he entered. If your elder can take care of all his her needs and is in good basic physical health MAYBE Methodist is an option. If they need attentive nursing, NO. I

tarnia February 16, 2012

My dad was sent here for rehab for 4 months after he had a bad stroke. I found the rehab part of this home was very good, but the live-in care was unacceptable.

There were some very good and well-meaning caregivers, but in general, I found the staff to be completely overwhelmed or apathetic.

They could not keep track of the patients in their care. In the 4 months I was there (visiting every day because I found I couldn't ultimately trust them enough to leave him alone there), two people in their full-time "care" took very bad falls. One while using a walker (unassisted) in the hallway, and one who fell out of her hospital bed - with bars - who had to be rushed to the hospital as a result.

Also, there were numerous times I pressed the help button, and never received a response or had to wait over 1/2 hour for one. Many times I couldn't wait for a response and went down the hall to the nurse's station to find no one there at all (with the phone ringing constantly, and lights flashing over resident's doorways).

I'm sure they mean well, and are probably underfunded...and maybe there aren't better places out there for the care of your loved ones, but I only experienced this one place (that I had been told was rated 5 stars), and so I felt the need to share my experience.

I would only recommend them for their rehab facility, but I cannot recommend them at all for their nursing home care. Despite the excellent rehab staff, my dad ultimately was unable to recover there - I think, in a large part, due to the lack of care and attention. We moved him home to hopefully give him a better chance of survival.

About Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation

Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Bronx, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Skilled nursing
  • 24 hour nurses: 24 hour nursing care
  • Hospice care

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Multimedia library, Koi pond, Formal Garden, Aviary

• Staff patient ratio: 5:1
  • Minimum age: Minimum age: 50

• Housing extra: 120 private rooms with private baths
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Fee structure extra: Accept Medicare, Medicaid, HMO and Commercial Insurance Plans

• Financial guidance extra: We apply for Medicaid5:1