Seasons Alzheimer's & Assisted Care (Nacogdoches Road)

15170 Nacogdoches Rd, San Antonio, TX, 78247

Reviews of Seasons Alzheimer's & Assisted Care (Nacogdoches Road)

September 27, 2016

By Fred corry

The staff is professional, caring and responsive. My brother has lived there for over a year. He is kept clean and well groomed. The food is nutritious and tasty. My brother recently confided to my daughter. that Seasons is the best place he has been. When required, he receives prompt medical care.

September 20, 2016

By rjmcdaris59

We were looking for a place for our Senior Dad and we found Seasons. We had him at another location named Elmcroft where the management is dangerous for the elderly in their memory care unit. The caregivers were nice but the management could not be trusted. We found Seasons and removed our Dad from Elmcroft. Seasons was very good with our Dad. I cannot say enough good things. Where do I begin? The facility was amazingly clean, beautiful, comfortable and they had wonderful nutritious meals prepared 3 times a day and snacks in between. They gave extra special attention to ensure the patience were staying hydrated throughout the day. The caregivers were very loving and compassionate. And most of them have been there for many years. The first day we brought our Dad to Seasons, when the manager heard my Dad loved vanilla ice cream, she suddenly disappeared. Shortly there after, she returned from the store with a large container of vanilla ice cream for our Dad. They worked closely with our family to ensure they could learn the things our Dad enjoyed. He had a stroke and could no longer communicate. The caregivers were very knowledgeable and they made sure my Dad never developed bed sores. The owner has cameras throughout her facility and she is continually monitoring them from where ever she is. Rather it is at her home, or from her smart phone, she can tap into the cameras and watch all the activities. I found this impressive and she was extremely caring and compassionate with all of us. I do not believe you can find a better place for elderly loved ones who need extra care. It was more than worth it to us and they allowed us to stay with him around the clock in his final hours.

September 15, 2016

By Maria Bixler

My Dad has been a resident there for over a year. He is well cared for. The staff is very interactive and really care about the residents. We greatly appreciate the good care and all of the activities and exercise. It is so reassuring to know he is in such a wonderful place.

September 13, 2016

By Hopemelayne

My Mom has been at Season's on Nacogdoches for almost a year and she has been extremely happy and so have we! We love the animal visits and seasonal activities! The caregivers/staff are great.....lots of interaction with the patients. A++++ facility with a :-)!

September 13, 2016

By Review16

Other

Seasons assisted living is such a wonderful place. The staff are fabulous and caring. They make this facility feel like home to not only their residents but to the families and guests. The food served is great and the rooms are nice. Overall this facility is a special one of a kind facility.

September 10, 2016

By Schneider, Irene

Seasons Alzheimer's & Assisted Care facility is awesome. The staff is wonderful and caters to all their patients. Since moving my dad and my father in law to the facility, things have positively changed. I am very impressed with the care the staff provides, the atmosphere and the cleanliness of the facility. In addition, my dad and my father in law are happy with the food and the many daily activities. It also removes my personal stress knowing that both of them are getting the best possible care. I can contact the facility and Mona at any time.

August 23, 2016

By Milton241746

Seasons Alzheimer’s Care and Assisted Care was very nice. It was clean. The people I met there seemed like brilliant people. It was pretty and nice but not quite as good as the one my aunt is in right now. The set up was fine and very clean, but it had more of a hospital feel. The rooms seemed nice.

December 08, 2015

By Fogie2Fogie

Since my Mother's diagnosis, I have lived by one rule: Those who are forgetting should not be forgotten. And so the journey began of finding a "home" for my Mom where she would be cared for with dignity, compassion and, with hope, a lot of love. After extensively researching options, I chose Seasons. This team, led by owner Mona, is dedicated and fiercely devoted to the care of Alzheimer's patients in a most holistic manner. Their clinical needs not withstanding, Seasons offers care that is also spiritual and emotionally healing. From art and music therapy to the regular animal visits to walks on their secure property, private rooms and freshly prepared meals...every step, every aspect of care at Seasons is focused on optimizing the well being and happiness of the Alzheimer's patient. The team goes above and beyond to assure that everyone is cared for like they family, and indeed, it is because the patients are in fact more than just a patient - they are Seasons Family and cared for as such. I could not have chosen a more caring and compassionate group for my Mom - their recent award from Caring.com is only a hint of the true depth and magnitude of their talents and kindness. Mom is cared for with love and her dignity is assured and advocated for everyday. I only wish that every dementia patient could have this experience and this awesome level of care. I am reminded daily of how lucky we are to have found Mona and her team, and the smile I see on my Mom's face is the validation I need to know we have made the best decision. After all, you only ever want the best for the person who not only loved you best in life but for whom your heart beats. Kudos to Mona and the Seasons Team, for showing us everyday that Those Who Are Forgetting Should Not Be Forgotten. My love and thanks to you all. With much respect, Patricia F. Pennsylvania

August 12, 2015

By Glynnis

My husband is in Seasons. The children and I are very pleased with the care he is receiving. I am there almost everyday, and the three children and grandchildren visit often. The staff interact with the patients. My husband enjoys the meals and seems to be content in the facility.

August 07, 2015

By Celestino

Not the best place to leave your loved ones. They do not care of the patients needs like the way they appear they say they will. I have visited a friends loved one there and I have seen how staff is not very professional.

Dear Visitor, I am so sorry that you did not have a pleasant visit at our community, we at Seasons strive to provide the best possible care. We have number of families grateful to our staff for what they do daily. I would like to take this opportunity for you to contact me directly that way I can address this issue directly with my staff. I am sure the loved one of your friend is still residing at our place, as we have had no families member approach me regarding my staff. Hopefully your next visit is a happy one. I would really encourage you to contact your friends family regarding the care they are receiving at Seasons. If there any concerns or issues we would like to address them immediately. I take personal responsibility to make sure our families and friends are happy with our care that we provide to their loved ones. Please give me an opportunity to address this issue with my staff, as we get number of visitors daily and till now we have had no complaints. Sincerely, Mona Talukdar

January 25, 2015

By shosturn

This is the third facility my father has been in, when I looked initially it was a waiting list, so we had to choose a different facility. After only two 1/2 days we had to move my dad, it was the worst experience ever...so I called Seasons owner Mona up, and she happened to have an opening, thank God! My dad has been there six months, and I'm so grateful! Mona is very picky about her staff and it shows, and ratio higher than any place we toured. I'm very happy my dad has the care he does, they take into consideration each clients special needed, and you can see it in the care! God bless the staff and especially Mona for doing this hard job out of their hearts. My dad loves it there! Oh, food is all home cooked an appropriate for their age and sensitivities! Highly recommend Seasons for anyone having to make this difficult decision for a family member. Also, thought shared room would be an issue for my dad, he loves it, it's been a non issue!!!

January 23, 2015

By Smith1944

My husband has been a patient at Seasons Alzheimer's and Assisted Care for the past six months. Our experience here has been a very positive one. The staff consistently provides care that is thoughtful and personalized to the patient. The owner, Mona, is committed to educating and supporting all her staff. In- service education is provided for all of the staff regarding patient care, medication instruction and behavior management. As a result, the staff takes pride in the care they provide. Seasons is an inviting and environmentally attractive facility for the patients, their families and the staff. It's clean, has delicious food and seconds are available. On our first visit to the facility, the patients were outside on the porch participating in dancing with the staff. Everyone was clearly having fun. We would highly recommend this facility.

January 13, 2015

I did visit Seasons, and it was very nice. Mona was the person who walked us through -- I think she is the owner -- and she was very nice; everything went really well. We liked it very much; it just turned out to be too expensive for our needs. The apartments were nice; you put your own furniture in them. You kind of pick and choose what you want. They were an adequate size. I would not want a semi-private room; I would only want a private room. The price for a semi-private would be somewhat less expensive. There are people that I worked with that only want a private room. The facility itself was very nice. I did look at the kitchen, and everything there is home-cooked; it was very well done. They’re building a new facility.

November 29, 2014

By James102307150

Excellent staffing in terms of number, training, and compassion. Excellent food. Residents spend most time in community setting as opposed to being isolated in their room. Great individual attention to medication management to allow each resident maximum quality of life.

November 26, 2014

By Susan102226350

Our family has been very happy with Seasons! We know mom is cared for and loved. We know when we leave she’s in good hands. The staff is awesome!

November 07, 2014

By HollyH

I have moved my mother for the third time in ten months! Thank goodness, I found Season's!! Their food is amazing!! Nothing frozen or canned. I especially like that they only have 15 residents and the staff ratio is one to every four residents. This means my mom is changed often which was very important to me! The facility is very clean and very pretty inside! The staff and owner are so sweet to my mom and the other residents. This third move has given me so much peace, I no longer have to worry 24/7 about how she is being treated. I do like to visit my mom at least 3 days a week but if I can't make it I don't worry because I know she is enjoying herself and the staff loves her!

November 04, 2014

By Dick Hearne

Seasons is an outstanding care facility which has owner involvement daily(a real plus). I have been very pleased with the care my wife has received over the past year. Highly recommend Seasons for anyone needing superb care for a loved one!

October 31, 2014

By Lois15

My family member has had excellent care for 5 months. He eats more and tries walking about sometimes! The food is really good and well balanced. The staff is motivated and really helpful too.

October 31, 2014

By Mary101088350

We have been very satisfied with Seasons Nacogdoches Rd. The staff is very caring and loving toward my mother. Could not have asked for a better place.

September 17, 2014

By Puppylover210

Seasons has a beautiful, comfortable, warm atmosphere that's the immediate attraction as you walk in the door. The smiles from the staff and the cheerfulness of everyone you meet, makes you know that this place has a happy, caring, and loving environment. The staff/patient ratio is outstanding! Everyone is involved in patient care from the owner to the cook, as they take the time to visit during meals, and are involved during the varied, interesting activities offered to the residents. Each staff member treats their patients just like their own family member. Since Seasons is a small facility, it is like family, and you do feel like you are home.

August 07, 2014

By Betty97111450

Seasons Alzheimers Care is impeccably clean with no foul odors. The staff is very caring and attentive to the residents. All clients are clean and odor free. Their clothes are fresh and clean smelling. Also, the meals are served on time and very tasty.

Features of Seasons Alzheimer's & Assisted Care (Nacogdoches Road)

• Fee Structure Extra: $1,500 Move In Fee

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses

• Staff Patient Ratio: Cna 1:4 Residents
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: state certified

About Seasons Alzheimer's & Assisted Care (Nacogdoches Road)

The home-like environment of Seasons Alzheimer’s Care and Assisted Living is directed by Mona Talukdar.

Her vast experience managing the care required for individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia gave her a deep respect for the challenging journey not only experienced by those afflicted but also for their family members.

At Seasons Alzheimer’s Care and Assisted Living, we have developed a home that provides high-quality, affordable care focused on meeting each individual’s needs. Within a tranquil home-like environment, safety is our primary goal for your loved one and their fellow residents.

Your loved one’s mental, social, emotional and physical needs are provided for in a holistic fashion at Seasons. With a Bachelors in nutrition and a Masters in Physical Therapy, our Director ensures that every resident of Seasons Alzheimer’s Care and Assisted Living enjoys wholesome, home-cooked meals that meet their nutritional needs. Many activities throughout the day keep residents engaged cognitively, socially, and emotionally.

An extension of your family, our caregivers are in direct contact with you. Our goal is to create a home-like environment where your loved ones flourish and where you feel informed, confident in the care your family member is receiving.

Our Services Include:

• Personal care plan developed with family members
  • Affordable all-inclusive price structure
  • Wholesome, home-cooked meals that meet residents’ nutritional needs in a family style dining experience designed by a dietician specializing in geriatric care
  • Daily activities that keeps residents engaged cognitively, socially, and emotionally
  • Personal care assistance (bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, restroom, etc.)
  • Memory care activities to encourage independence, socialization, and cognitive skills
  • Music and other therapies that promote purposeful relaxation and higher functioning while reducing agitation or “sun-downing
  • Friendly, highly trained caregivers familiar with recognizing behavioral changes
  • Exceptional ratio of caregivers to residents
  • Medication management
  • Nutrition and hydration programs designed for memory loss patients
  • Incontinence management
  • Physical therapy, home health, and hospice services available through licensed agencies
  • Volunteer programs that encourage community involvement and enrich relationships
  • Laundry and housekeeping services
  • Physicians continuity of care and/or in-house physician visits
  • Family and caregiver support

It is Small 15 bed unit, we provide personalized care in a home like environment. We have a full time LVN and high CNA to resident ratio. We have one CNA for every 4 residents. We also make sure all our residents needs are met.

Map of Seasons Alzheimer's & Assisted Care (Nacogdoches Road)

Seasons Alzheimer's & Assisted Care (Nacogdoches Road)