Presence Casa San Carlo Retirement Community

Overview of Ratings

4.4

January 11, 2012

By Caring201973

I liked this facility. Residents were down to earth and friendly and I didn't feel that people put on airs. I felt very relaxed here. The individual apartments are clean and painted. I only saw one bedroom apartments, but the bedrooms are quite large and the kitchen and family area seem modern. Appliances are relatively new. The hallways are clean and I didn't smell anything bad. Every resident has their name on the door which lends itself to a homey feeling. The dining room is in the basement and the residents who I spoke with seemed in general to like the food. The lobby is spacious and there is a large television where people can sit and watch and a vending and ATM machine. The receptionist behind the desk is helpful and knows all the residents by name. On every floor there is also a large sitting room where people can sit outside their rooms and play games. In the basement there is a chapel and a health club and different rooms where residents can gather. One day that I was visiting and some people were playing board games in one room, while others were attending a lecture in another. There is a wellness center and caregiver agency on the premises for residents who need extra help. The facility also has a relationship with the library which comes and delivers books to residents. One drawback that residents complained about was that the buses do not take people with disabilities and it is difficult for them to get places unless they take a taxi. There are not a lot of good eateries or cultural areas in walking distance and you kind of feel stuck in the boonies. I also heard from a few of the residents that the place was cliquish.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

About Presence Casa San Carlo Retirement Community

Located on 14 beautifully landscaped acres in Northlake, Casa San Carlo is sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth and the Sisters of the Resurrection.

Casa San Carlo Retirement Community offers 182 spacious independent living apartments in a variety of floor plans - without the traditional homeowners' headaches of upkeep and maintenance. Your new, affordable retirement home provides easy access to area amenities - including excellent medical facilities, shopping and recreation - as well as the beauty and serenity afforded by our Friendship Garden and gazebo with meandering walking paths.

Map of Presence Casa San Carlo Retirement Community