Brightwater | Independent Living

101 Brightwater Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC, 29579

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brightwater | Independent Living

Tim Gertsmeyer February 04, 2015

My wife and I moved to Brightwater October 1, 2014 and it is more than we had hoped it would be. There are many amenities, a very friendly and helpful staff and happy content residents. The Social Calendar and Wellness Center is full of activities everyday in which you can participate. I describe Brightwater as a “Luxury Cruise Ship on land.” We like to travel and not owning a home gives us the freedom that we need without the home owning responsibility. Our children live in NJ and Australia and they don’t have to worry about us and we won’t burden them with our care. Our lawyer daughter-in-law in AU thanked us for taking charge of our lives so they don’t have to worry about us. We love the lifestyle that Brightwater affords us to have! Their slogan says it all - Live Long - Live Well - Live!

Sherry Janey February 04, 2015

I moved to Brightwater in 2012 and have not looked back or regretted my decision to live here in the Brightwater community. There is something here for everyone. I was looking for an active community- one that I could be a part of and enjoy my retirement to the fullest.

For me it is keeping active and the Wellness staff is top notch. The monthly schedules are filled with exercise classes (nothing like getting a good work-out along with other members) to share pleasure of laughing and groaning and feeling better when the day is done- just to start it all over again the next day with different classes. By the end of each week form your fingers to your toes, you feel wonderful. If you also want to work-out on the equipment in the gym and you are not familiar with the equipment or what equipment to use to get the results you are looking for in your work-outs- the staff has Supervised Gym Time to assist you.

And if you enjoy exercising in the pools (in-door and out) you will not be disappointed.

Shirley and Bill Sprout February 04, 2015

We found Brightwater by happenstance and are we ever glad! We were exploring potential homes for longtime friends and our friends and our first impression was over the top. Brightwater is filled with beauty everywhere and the home-like feel grabbed us immediately. We found the staff to be especially welcoming and the residents very friendly. The many programs for wellness, entertainment, and socializing help keep us active and involved. Before moving to Brightwater, we looked at many options in several states, but none offered everything on our wish list. We decided to move while physically able because it was important for it to be our decision and not a burden on our children. After our first year here, we can honestly say it has exceeded our expectations in almost every measure. Besides all that, winter in South Carolina is a delight compared to Ohio. We have found a home!

Caring91306150 September 08, 2014

I had a very good experience with regards to my visit at Brightwater's independent living section. It was beautiful; an excellent facility. It didn’t look like a nursing home, it looked like a country club. The staff were very nice and extremely helpful. We saw a furnished one that was a model apartment. It was absolutely lovely and I could live there myself. They also provide bus service to doctors' appointments. Their dining room is beautiful. They have a salad bar and the food was lovely.

About Brightwater

Brightwater is an independent living community in Myrtle Beach, SC designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Brightwater for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Brightwater