Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge

5839 S. Harlem Ave, Chicago, IL, 60638

Reviews of Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge

PatriciaDAWYX May 11, 2016

Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge was wonderful. Ally was a wonderful person who took the time to talk to us, treated us kindly, made us feel comfortable, and almost made us feel like family. She was very personable, very knowledgeable, and took her time to talk to my mom even though Mom wasn't really coherent at that time. She showed Mom the different apartments. She's just a very smart and loving person and really made a very big difference. The dining area was nice, updated, clean, and large. Overall, it's a great facility. They have bingo, go out once a week to go shopping, have church services on Sundays, and pizza parties. They have a mini shopping day where a vendor will come in and set up a little store and the residents could come down and purchase stuff. The residents can eat in the dining area or take-out or cook in their rooms. People must try and go to that facility. They really need to take a look at this place.

Wife's husband December 08, 2015

Although the signing of the paperwork took some time, the office staff were very cordial and easy to deal with. Moved in most of relative's belongings seamlessly{with the valued help of Alonzo}. Resident not fully moved in yet, so can't fully grade the facilities until later time.

Caring110912250 July 20, 2015

At Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge, the only thing that they have was a studio. They didn't have a one-bedroom. Anyway, the person there that day was really nice. As a matter of fact, she got me an appointment with another facility.

At Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge, they didn't have any meals coming in, so you basically have to cook for yourself. They would take the residents to the grocery store, but we didn't talk about activities because I wasn't there that long. After I found they only had a studio, I basically left. The facility was nice, but it wasn't as nice as the other facility.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge. I am sorry we did not have an available apartment which would best suit your needs. I am however, pleased that you have been referred to one of our other communities & am hopeful you will be one of our new residents!

Lisa Reed, Vice President of Operations, 312-673-4508

Caring99763050 December 28, 2014

I’m at Senior Suites – Garfield. It’s a nice place. The staff seemed to be knowledgeable. I don’t eat there; I cook my own meals. They have activities, but I don’t participate. I am very happy with them. I’m committed there for a one year lease.

senior75 June 30, 2014

Other

I was attempting to obtain information for assisted living for my sister-in-law who at age 83 was having difficulty making decisions. I had contacted Caring.com and was impressed with how helpful they were in trying to address all my requirements. Other agencies just seemed to be concerned about making a placement, wherever it suit them. However, my sister-in-law decided against the assisted living and chose a regular apartment.

Again, I would not hesitate in selecting Caring.com in helping you make these decisions. Your needs are their first priority and I am not one to make such embellishing recommendations.

Caring82890250 April 22, 2014

Senior Suites is nice. I like them over there. The staff seems to be nice and friendly. The rooms are nice, clean, and roomy. The food was good; I enjoyed it. They have bingo and dominoes.

Louise14 September 24, 2013

What stood out the most to us at Garfield Ridge was the personnel. They were helpful and concerned. They would walk you through every step. If you couldn't understand, they would explain it to you. They would tell you what had to be done. They took us to a model apartment. The place looked nice to me and my friend liked it. They had a lot of activities. However, the location wasn't where she really want it to be.

commercesd May 18, 2012

We visited the Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge while searching for a suitable assisted living facility for our aunt in the Chicago region.

Many of our family members live in the area, so this would be an ideal place for her to live. The outer grounds looked well-kept and pleasant. The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly - which is the most important thing to our family. We want our aunt to be treated well in her new home.

The foyer was nicely decorated and seemed homey, as did all of the communal rooms. The rooms were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes.

The exercise area has a really pretty outdoor walking path. The media center area was well equipped and comfortable.

The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. Residents may choose communal dining or more private situations. There are places for them to visit with families, as well. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage residents to make suggestions.

The activity calendar featured many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents.

They have outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and sporting events. They take suggestions to update the schedule as much as possible.

We've visited quite a few assisted living facilities and thus far, the staff at this one are some of the most friendly we've met. The seniors here really seem to enjoy their living arrangements.

From Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge

Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge in Chicago offers 87 studio and one bedroom affordable senior apartment homes with an array of desirable amenities. Income qualified residents, 62 years old and better, enjoy complimentary laundry facilities, spacious, well-appointed community areas designed for opportunities for social engagement and camaraderie as well as Wellness Everyday programs throughout the month. Schedule a tour and visit our Garfield Ridge affordable income housing community today.

Features of Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge

• Minimum rate: $673/month
  • Fee Structure Extra We Participate In The Choice Housing Voucher Program With Cha

• Companion Suites We Do Not Offer Companion Suites