The Atrium of Carmichael

5757 Cypress Ave., Carmichael, CA, 95608

Reviews of The Atrium of Carmichael

VisitorISWDA May 11, 2016

I toured The Atrium Of Carmichael. The girl who was running it was nice. It was nice inside but older. I went to two or three different kinds of rooms, which were all small but satisfactory. There was a laundry service. I did see the dining area, but I wasn’t there during lunch or dinner.

WJNTDYW May 11, 2016

I have moved into The Atrium of Carmichael. I chose it because I liked the people that were living here as well as the management, and it’s within my price range. I have a 1-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and full bath. I like it. There’s a glass sliding door in the back that opens up into a quadrangle with grass and trees, so it’s beautiful. The staff is very responsive to any issues that come up, so I don't have any problems at all. They serve a wide variety of meats, fish and vegetables for lunch and dinner daily, which I find to be fine, tasty, and nourishing.

Tom122118150 March 27, 2016

We placed my relative in Atrium about three or four weeks ago. The tour was a good experience. They moved him to a studio which was fine and had a very good price. It was a nice facility with activities available.

Family Member9 January 19, 2016

My family member ended up moving into The Atrium of Carmichael. The staff is very good, and the rooms are actually pretty economical. They have a gym and a beauty salon, and their dining area is nice.

Rosemary25 November 30, 2015

I liked The Atrium for my friend; I would live there myself. The meals looked very tasty. I liked that they have a 24-hour care. I also liked that it smelled very clean and fresh. I liked the rooms because they were very spacious and had a balconies. There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about it, except that it wouldn’t work for my friend because she couldn’t afford it unless long-term care would pay for part of it.

Caring8603850 October 28, 2015

I visited The Atrium of Carmichael. It was really nice, and the rooms looked nice, but my father-in-law just wanted something a little private and not as many people. The staff was very friendly. The facility was really nice; it was beautiful, and I thought the setting was really beautiful.

Caring113402350 October 28, 2015

I put a deposit down at The Atrium. It's the one I like. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were larger than average. The food was very good; I had lunch there. The atmosphere was very nice and cheerful. The only thing that I'm not very happy with it is that they had limited meal time, and then there is planned seating, where you can't just sit wherever you want to sit. They're doing it for the purpose of head count, but I don't like the idea that lunch and dinner are one hour and you have to be there.

Caring113580450 October 21, 2015

I visited and placed a deposit at The Atrium, but so far there was still a waiting list for the studio. I knew several people who lived there so I would have someone to talk to that I knew. It was nice, new, and I liked the atmosphere. They had a lot of things, too. There were a couple of people there that played the piano beautifully, and I really enjoyed classical music. I just like the look of the place. They had lots of windows to look outside and see the ducks that were floating in the pond.

I could take my cat and he would be happy to look out the window at the back. I saw a one-bedroom unit, and I liked that a lot. It was nice and bright. There was window the cat could look out on. It also had a deck or patio. My visit was a good experience, and my daughter liked it very much. She seemed to think it was nice. It was close to where she was so she could come and visit on her day off. I liked it.

Anne112628850 August 27, 2015

My mother cut her hand, and the doctor said that her mother was in The Atrium, so my mom went right over, and I guess she really liked it; she is in there now. It’s clean, the walls look fine, and the carpeting is fine; it doesn’t need to be replaced. My mom said the food was OK. She talked to a few people, and they all seemed to like it. It was very convenient; it had a little shopping area across the street with places to eat, banks, and a grocery store.

Caring93008450 June 01, 2015

I visited Atrium of Carmichael, and I liked the activities for the seniors. The staff was great and very friendly. The apartments were spacious and had a comfortable feeling. They had bingo, piano playing, and going to places. The place was very clean and very pretty. However, they could have probably adjusted the price as to where people could afford to live there.

Caring103744150 March 27, 2015

The Atrium in Carmichael, CA -- their staff is great; they are really nice and very friendly. They actually arranged for us to have lunch and to speak with some of the people that live there, and they all had good things to say. They have a lot to offer, which is fantastic. They offer so much, so that was something we considered too. It is the best price in the area for what you get. I would live there; I am not old enough, but I would live there. It turned out to be in a good location because right across the street is a shopping center with everything you could possibly need. The apartments were fine. I looked in another place, and it was a studio that was considerably smaller and much more expensive, and this place has got a one-bedroom, so it is a good size. Just like living in an apartment building, people can come and go, but they do lock the front door at a certain time in the evening for the safety of the people living there. They do have a key if they want to stay out later and they can come in; otherwise, there is someone at the front desk all the time. They serve lunch and dinner, but not breakfast. They do have usually donuts and coffee if you want them, but I think adding breakfast would be good. But having said that, that is maybe one thing that is included in their price and why it is less expensive. My brother has only been living there for a month. Everything is great other than the interior. It is a little dark in the building, and this would be my only thing. I think some of the rooms are a bit dark, but that is my preference -- just to have it brighter. Some people may like it that way.

Bob102177550 November 25, 2014

I like the place and the tenant's here. For the most part, the staff is fine. I'm not exactly happy with the kitchen staff. The service is slow, but the food tastes good. The dining room is very neat. I have a one bedroom apartment, and I like it. We always have something going on here. We have field trips, and we can just sign up. I always participate in activities here. The activities were just what I expected. I am not disappointed with it. I have been here for more than a year, and I am satisfied with my stay.

Caring76157550 October 03, 2014

I actually sing with a group that sings for the residents of different senior living communities. There was a time when we sang at The Atrium. I noticed that the staff there was pretty good. The rooms there were small but adequate.They had what they called shared apartments which had been in our price range. The shared apartments had two rooms. You would have a roommate in the bedroom with whom you would share the living room, dining room, and kitchen. When I went there to sing, they had snacks that people could have. They also seemed to have a fair number of activities that they put on the calendar. They had spacious and beautiful grounds too. The place was indeed very nice.

LoMo July 30, 2011

Lovely well-kept garden setting makes this a welcoming and peaceful enviornment for my retired Father. Water features & year-round resident duck famlies are nice to look at. Would rate food & service A-. Staff members are friendly & accomodating. Residents seem happy to call this place their home.

From The Atrium of Carmichael

It's a lifestyle you've only dreamed of until now. You'll feel at home from the moment you walk into the Atrium of Carmichael in Carmichael, CA, with its elegant entrance and magnificent soaring architecture. You're at a point in your life when you are ready for carefree living, when your time is completely your own. You're free to enjoy solitude, or the company of good friends, whichever you choose.

At The Atrium of Carmichael assisted living community, you'll find a rich and rewarding lifestyle in an ambiance of warmth and camaraderie. There is no initial investment other than a cleaning/security deposit. Your monthly fee covers 24-hour staffing for peace of mind, country club-style dining, housekeeping services, scheduled transportation and a full program of recreational opportunities.

With such thoughtful conveniences provided, you can take full advantage of The Atrium's many amenities.

Our facility is surrounded by gardens, ducks, ponds, and fountains. Our facility is the most beautiful. Lowest prices, most spacious rooms (wall to wall closets) and prettiest landscape.

Features of The Atrium of Carmichael

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Balcony or Patio with every apt.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Trips to casino, plays, San Francisco, etc...

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits