Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

Overview of Ratings

4.5

December 13, 2017

By Anna G_2

Visiting Angels has great caregivers. Visiting Angels has made Anna's life easier because the caregivers cook for her.

December 08, 2017

By Minnie S_1

I like the way Visiting Angels cares for my loved one. They are very nice people. Visiting Angels' services take a load off me. I was doing all my loved one's medicine and feeding on my own, but I am freed up now.

December 07, 2017

By Anonymous_98

Visiting Angels checks out the people they send into my home and tries to place us with reputable people. Visiting Angels made my loved one's life easier by changing the bed for them.

December 06, 2017

By Deborah N_1

Visiting Angels has been able to get us as much time as we have wanted. They have a minimum requirement for time, but the caregivers have all been very nice. The services from Visiting Angels have been particularly helpful with putting my loved one's eye drops in and letting him walk around with his walker to get stronger. I can't see him doing these things on his own, so it has been helpful to have someone there to encourage him.

December 06, 2017

By Grace R_3

Visiting Angels' care providers are very prompt and caring for the individual. They are easy to work with and overall it has been a good experience. Visiting Angels gives me a peace of mind that someone is there with my mother.

November 16, 2017

By Jennifer H_2

I would tell someone that Visiting Angels is very quick to respond to our needs and I don't have issues with having care for my loved one. We just don't always have the right caregiver and there isn't a lot of flexibility when it comes to keeping the same caregiver. The caregiver goes above and beyond what we expect. She bathes my loved one everyday and gets her dressed properly. She takes on additional responsibilities to make sure she looks nice. She will go on walks with Sara and take her to the movie theater.

November 16, 2017

By Barbara N_1

I have had nothing but positivity with Visiting Angels' scheduling, promptness and flexibility with the schedule. The services from Visiting Angels are nothing but excellent.

November 09, 2017

By Anonymous_193

Visiting Angels has been a long process and I feel like we have educated them on how they are supposed to run their company. There were times where if I hadn't happened to be in town, then my loved one would have had no one there. My loved one depends on Visiting Angels, I know that Visiting Angels does go out of their way to provide people for them.

November 08, 2017

By Malvin "Sonny" M

Visiting Angels sends us great caregivers. My caregivers is very attentive to every need of my loved one, such as getting him prepared for the day.

November 08, 2017

By Gene K_1

Visiting Angels seems to do what they are supposed to. I can tell that they want to do well. Sometimes it is hard to do so given the situation or circumstance. The services from Visiting Angels mean I can go out and run errands.

November 07, 2017

By Theresa C_1

Visiting Angels is easier because all the screening is done and you have a pool of people to choose from. Visiting Angels has made my life easier by worrying less about my mother being alone.

October 18, 2017

By Anonymous_314

Visiting Angels gives excellent care, and their caregivers are well-qualified. They point out things we need to know about. Visiting Angels makes my life easier because I couldn't do what I am doing if not for the help I receive from Visiting Angels.

October 18, 2017

By Lawrence C

Visiting Angels was disorganized, the caregivers didn't show up, and when I called the office, they didn't know that the caregiver did not show up. I tried Visiting Angels, and I didn't think that I really needed it, but they were okay.

By Rosemary "Mary" L_1

I would recommend Visiting Angels because they care about my well-being. They try to find someone to work with your needs. I've never had a service like Visiting Angels before. Visiting Angels is an extra pair of hands and eyes when I need it. If they see something that needs attending to, they help us out.

By Barbara C_4

Visiting Angels' caregivers are very caring and prompt. Visiting Angel has helped me to do a lot of things I couldn't do by myself.

By Sam K_1

I would say that Visiting Angels has sent good caregivers. They act like they care. I am not there every day, and it helps that they get her up and ready along with cleaning things up.

September 23, 2017

By Anonymous_407

Visiting Angels gives good care. I appreciate how they have quality caregivers. Most of them seem well trained. I had one caregiver with good ability. My experience is that Visiting Angels has caregivers with a good demeanor. It gives me ease knowing that they are with my loved one.

September 23, 2017

By Yusan S

Visiting Angels is a good service. There wasn't a lot of help needed, so it was expensive for what I got.

September 19, 2017

By Joan B_1

We found Visiting Angels to be receptive to our needs and they come when they are supposed to come. The people we have dealt with have been very nice. The services give me the freedom to leave the house because my husband needs to be watched. They help me with tasks that I would have to do.

September 14, 2017

By Mary J_7

I have recommended people to Visiting Angels already. Visiting Angels has helped me and my mother, and given us peace of mind. They do whatever I ask them to do.

September 12, 2017

By Martha K

I've already recommended Visiting Angels a number of times. We've had them for over 10 years and found them to be open and responsive. They provide quality caregivers and work with us to make changes as needed. Their price is reasonable. Visiting Angels is there to try to help my mother. They do what needs to be done and sometimes go over and above. Some of the caregivers are more comfortable working with dementia patients than others, but they all try.

September 08, 2017

By Marilyn A

I would recommend Visiting Angels because they seemed to be really caring people. They also did a good job. Visiting Angels did not make my life much easier because I felt like I had to clean up before the caregivers came to my home and it just stressed me out until I got used to it.

August 30, 2017

By Irene L_2

I have never had any problems with Visiting Angels. Everyone from the office staff of Visiting Angels is superior. The services from Visiting Angels are just very helpful for me.

August 29, 2017

By Jim B_4

I would tell a friend that Visiting Angels would correct things when I called and asked them to. Visiting Angels was pretty good at taking care of things and being pleasant.

August 22, 2017

By Ann G_3

Visiting Angels watches over my mom very well. They are very reliable and have my mother's best interests at heart. Visiting Angels has helped me have more peace of mind.

August 22, 2017

By Jerry L

The caregiver we have is on time, pleasant, well-dressed, patient, and calm. Visiting Angels has helped me so that I can go do errands knowing my loved one is being watched by a professional.

August 17, 2017

By Robert C_8

Visiting Angels is personable and they do what I want them to do. They have been meeting what they have advertised. Visiting Angels gives me more assistance than I need.

July 31, 2017

By Olga M

Visiting Angels is consistent in that I know what I'm getting before they arrive.

July 26, 2017

By Kathy H_5

There are new caregiver coming all of the time, and most of the caregivers don't do that much. Most of the time they don't know what they're supposed to do. There is no continuity of care. I like knowing that somebody is here knowing that I have to leave or go do something. I have had problems with caregivers not showing up.

July 21, 2017

By Mary Sherwood H

I'd tell people that Visiting Angels is very reliable, and there's always someone here. So far, the several caregivers I've had are very good. The services from Visiting Angels have helped the most by making my life easier and comfortable.

July 21, 2017

By Cliff & Jean H

I would recommend Visiting Angels because they did the most to help us out. The services helped me with our errands and changing the beds.

June 28, 2017

By Peggy T_1

I like that Visiting Angels offers compassionate care and that the caregivers treat their client like a person. Visiting Angels is one of the best agencies out there. They hire kind, compassionate people who are able to handle older clients. My mother has said her caregivers from Visiting Angels are her friends. My mother does not see them as people that come to work, but people who come to help her because they love her. I think that is incredible. It is really helpful that the caregivers show they care about the client.

June 28, 2017

By Mark D_2

Visiting Angels' caregivers are on time. Visiting Angels is able to provide fill-ins when a caregiver can't make it. The services have allowed me work and do things. It has been extremely helpful to be able to not need to be home for 24 hours a day.

June 27, 2017

By Deborah N_2

Visiting Angels has nice caregivers. They are reliable. Visiting Angels has been positive because it gives me free time. They take the client to his physical therapy so I don't worry about him.

May 23, 2017

By Malvin "Sonny" M_2

If there was a need for services, I would recommend Visiting Angels. They appear to be sympathetic with pain, and try to alleviate that. My caregivers from Visiting Angels have helped with a variety of things, such as breakfast.

May 23, 2017

By Barbara S_15

I've had a few difficulties with Visiting Angels. They could have better communication in general. Just having Visiting Angels be there to give me some free time has been extremely helpful. They give me time to get other things done.

By Nancy M_10

Visiting Angels has nice caregivers that are willing to do anything that needs to be done. Visiting Angels' caregivers ask what needs to be done, and they do it.

By Theresa C_3

Visiting Angels does background checks, there are usually back-ups, and you can get someone there. They are reliable. It takes the load off of our backs.

By Bernice B_3

I would tell a friend that Visiting Angels was very prompt and they were nice. Visiting Angels made life easier for me by doing what I asked them to do.

By Philip T_1

Visiting Angels has employees that are compassionate and have great work ethics. We had to be taken around, so it was essential that we had the services from Visiting Angels.

April 27, 2017

By Barbara C_8

I would recommend Visiting Angels because they are very caring and responsive. The services have made a difference in my life by enabling me to live in my house.

April 27, 2017

By Grace R_2

Visiting Angels is an excellent agency with excellent care providers. My mom receives excellent care from Visiting Angels and without them, she wouldn't be able to maintain her independence. I'm very grateful that they are available. Having someone take care of my mom gives me the comfort and assurance that she is well provided for.

April 26, 2017

By Bob F_4

Visiting Angels' caregivers seem to all know what they are doing. There was a little bit of an issue in the beginning with different caregivers coming at different times, but we got that straightened up. The services help with meals and they help my dad, who is close to being bed ridden.

April 21, 2017

By Nancy M_9

I have already recommended Visiting Angels because we are so pleased. Visiting Angels has made my life easier because I can trust the caregiver to care for my husband when I go to a meeting.

April 21, 2017

By Rosemary "Mary" L_2

Visiting Angels works very diligently on matching caregivers to the clients. Visiting Angels has given my wife an outlet to speak to someone other than myself.

April 17, 2017

By Barbara L_9

Visiting Angels is fine. They need to train some of their caregivers more. A lot of them do not have a clue what to do on basic house cleaning. The services helped by cleaning. Some people are efficient and have a good attitude. Some of the younger ones do not have a good attitude.

April 17, 2017

By Sam K_2

The caregivers from Visiting Angels act like they really care about my mom's well being. The caregivers really care and take care of my mother. They make sure she eats and takes her medication when she needs to.

August 10, 2016

By Caring_2643128

Very disappointed in visiting angels, mostly the management. Made us feel like our 100 year old loved one was not important enough. Often Did not call back when we requested additional help in the last few days. Never updated the ladies on the worsened condition of the client. Then send a new, very young girl, without any experience that was kind but of no help whatsoever. They send a lot of different people, which was not what they initially told us. They said they would try to send mostly the same 2 or so people. There were 3 people that were really good and kind. One moved away after only one visit. When we requested extra help, we were told they did not have anyone available, even though one of the ladies was not accepting any other jobs, just in case we needed her.

December 31, 2015

By saharris

Do not use this agency. I had s horrible experience. The quality of their staff is poor. My in laws had valuables stolen from them. Another staff member came to their home to find a wheelchair and a step ladder blocking the entrance to their bedroom so they couldn't get out. Yeah I know unbelievable. I am a RN so you can imagine the fury I was experiencing. Owner of agency was rude, no compassion and basically told me I was a liar. I had to post this review in hopes that no other family has to go through what my family went through. My father in law had Parkinson's and my mother in law had severe dementia so I could not gets good information from them on details. I quit my very good nursing job to care for them myself.

December 26, 2012

By Patty9

Visiting Angels was referred to me because they're a national organization. At that time, I found a way that my father could be given companion care. My dad was able to live independently but he needed help. I've had some really good experiences with them for the most part. The girls that they send me are great. I have my chosen ones. Those are the girls that I've gotten to know very well. It started out as companion care but it's been total care now for two and half years. It kinda changed the level of our needs. So I wanted to get people that I could know and trust. So I worked with just a few girls. I'm not implying that I couldn't trust the other girls but it just makes it easier when you know them. They're like family. I have Visiting Angels for a total of 4 years now.

November 23, 2011

By oldestsister

I watch my mom 4 months of each year being fortunate enough to share this role with my sisters in another state. I knew it would be necessary, for me to retain some sense of balance and relief, to have in-home care at times. I chose Visiting Angels who were wonderful work with in every way. They have a seamless interview process and were able to make a perfect match of providers for my mom's care during the times I needed it. What's the saying, "When mamas happy, everybody's happy." That works in this case. I will continue to use Visiting Angels as long as I am a caregiver. Stress free and mom likes the people they send!

From Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

Visiting Angels of Newport News was opened in 2003 by owner, Patty Andresen Knapp. Over the years, Visiting Angels has become a name the community trusts with their patients and families. We offer Companion and Personal Care services for up to 24-hours per day to clients on the Peninsula from Williamsburg to Hampton, as well as Smithfield and Carrollton. We offer extensive training to our caregivers, included disease-specific speakers and in-services. Give us a call today to find out why so many families have trusted us with their loved ones over the years.

Photos of Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

• Companionship
  • Meal Preparation
  • Errand And Grocery Assistance

Travel

• Travel Details: Staff Will Travel 30+ Miles To Provide Care.

Screening