Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

EocHcp_cert

Reviews of Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

September 14, 2017

By Mary J_523898

I have recommended people to Visiting Angels already. Visiting Angels has helped me and my mother, and given us peace of mind. They do whatever I ask them to do.

September 12, 2017

By Martha K_522711

I've already recommended Visiting Angels a number of times. We've had them for over 10 years and found them to be open and responsive. They provide quality caregivers and work with us to make changes as needed. Their price is reasonable. Visiting Angels is there to try to help my mother. They do what needs to be done and sometimes go over and above. Some of the caregivers are more comfortable working with dementia patients than others, but they all try.

September 08, 2017

By Marilyn A_521296

I would recommend Visiting Angels because they seemed to be really caring people. They also did a good job. Visiting Angels did not make my life much easier because I felt like I had to clean up before the caregivers came to my home and it just stressed me out until I got used to it.

August 30, 2017

By Irene L_518009

I have never had any problems with Visiting Angels. Everyone from the office staff of Visiting Angels is superior. The services from Visiting Angels are just very helpful for me.

August 30, 2017

By Jim B_517900

I would tell a friend that Visiting Angels would correct things when I called and asked them to. Visiting Angels was pretty good at taking care of things and being pleasant.

August 22, 2017

By Ann G_514275

Visiting Angels watches over my mom very well. They are very reliable and have my mother's best interests at heart. Visiting Angels has helped me have more peace of mind.

August 22, 2017

By Jerry L_514256

The caregiver we have is on time, pleasant, well-dressed, patient, and calm. Visiting Angels has helped me so that I can go do errands knowing my loved one is being watched by a professional.

August 17, 2017

By Robert C_513351

Visiting Angels is personable and they do what I want them to do. They have been meeting what they have advertised. Visiting Angels gives me more assistance than I need.

July 31, 2017

By Ben S_504246

Visiting Angels is consistent in that I know what I'm getting before they arrive.

July 26, 2017

By Kathy H_502162

There are new caregiver coming all of the time, and most of the caregivers don't do that much. Most of the time they don't know what they're supposed to do. There is no continuity of care. I like knowing that somebody is here knowing that I have to leave or go do something. I have had problems with caregivers not showing up.

July 21, 2017

By Mary Sherwood H_499202

I'd tell people that Visiting Angels is very reliable, and there's always someone here. So far, the several caregivers I've had are very good. The services from Visiting Angels have helped the most by making my life easier and comfortable.

July 21, 2017

By Cliff & Jean H_499194

I would recommend Visiting Angels because they did the most to help us out. The services helped me with our errands and changing the beds.

June 29, 2017

By Peggy T_490251

I like that Visiting Angels offers compassionate care and that the caregivers treat their client like a person. Visiting Angels is one of the best agencies out there. They hire kind, compassionate people who are able to handle older clients. My mother has said her caregivers from Visiting Angels are her friends. My mother does not see them as people that come to work, but people who come to help her because they love her. I think that is incredible.

June 28, 2017

By Mark D_489875

Visiting Angels' caregivers are on time. Visiting Angels is able to provide fill-ins when a caregiver can't make it.

June 27, 2017

By Deborah N_489276

Visiting Angels has nice caregivers. They are reliable.

May 23, 2017

By Malvin "Sonny" M_474476

If there was a need for services, I would recommend Visiting Angels. They appear to be sympathetic with pain, and try to alleviate that.

May 23, 2017

By Barbara S_474466

I've had a few difficulties with Visiting Angels. They could have better communication in general.

By Nancy M_470647

Visiting Angels has nice caregivers that are willing to do anything that needs to be done.

By Theresa C_470642

Visiting Angels does background checks, there are usually back-ups, and you can get someone there. They are reliable.

By Bernice B_470637

I would tell a friend that Visiting Angels was very prompt and they were nice.

By Philip T_470621

Visiting Angels has employees that are compassionate and have great work ethics.

April 27, 2017

By Barbara C

The services have made a difference in my life by enabling me to live in my house.

April 27, 2017

By Grace R

My mom receives excellent care from Visiting Angels and without them, she wouldn't be able to maintain her independence. I'm very grateful that they are available. Having someone take care of my mom gives me the comfort and assurance that she is well provided for.

April 26, 2017

By Bob F

The services help with meals and they help my dad, who is close to being bed ridden.

April 21, 2017

By Nancy M

Visiting Angels has made my life easier because I can trust the caregiver to care for my husband when I go to a meeting.

April 21, 2017

By Rosemary "Mary" L

Visiting Angels has given my wife an outlet to speak to someone other than myself.

April 17, 2017

By Barbara L

The services helped by cleaning. Some people are efficient and have a good attitude. Some of the younger ones do not have a good attitude.

April 17, 2017

By Sam K

The caregivers really care and take care of my mother. They make sure she eats and takes her medication when she needs to.

August 10, 2016

By Caring_2643128

Very disappointed in visiting angels, mostly the management. Made us feel like our 100 year old loved one was not important enough. Often Did not call back when we requested additional help in the last few days. Never updated the ladies on the worsened condition of the client. Then send a new, very young girl, without any experience that was kind but of no help whatsoever. They send a lot of different people, which was not what they initially told us. They said they would try to send mostly the same 2 or so people. There were 3 people that were really good and kind. One moved away after only one visit. When we requested extra help, we were told they did not have anyone available, even though one of the ladies was not accepting any other jobs, just in case we needed her.

December 31, 2015

By saharris

Do not use this agency. I had s horrible experience. The quality of their staff is poor. My in laws had valuables stolen from them. Another staff member came to their home to find a wheelchair and a step ladder blocking the entrance to their bedroom so they couldn't get out. Yeah I know unbelievable. I am a RN so you can imagine the fury I was experiencing. Owner of agency was rude, no compassion and basically told me I was a liar. I had to post this review in hopes that no other family has to go through what my family went through. My father in law had Parkinson's and my mother in law had severe dementia so I could not gets good information from them on details. I quit my very good nursing job to care for them myself.

December 27, 2012

By Patty9

Visiting Angels was referred to me because they're a national organization. At that time, I found a way that my father could be given companion care. My dad was able to live independently but he needed help. I've had some really good experiences with them for the most part. The girls that they send me are great. I have my chosen ones. Those are the girls that I've gotten to know very well. It started out as companion care but it's been total care now for two and half years. It kinda changed the level of our needs. So I wanted to get people that I could know and trust. So I worked with just a few girls. I'm not implying that I couldn't trust the other girls but it just makes it easier when you know them. They're like family. I have Visiting Angels for a total of 4 years now.

November 23, 2011

By oldestsister

I watch my mom 4 months of each year being fortunate enough to share this role with my sisters in another state. I knew it would be necessary, for me to retain some sense of balance and relief, to have in-home care at times. I chose Visiting Angels who were wonderful work with in every way. They have a seamless interview process and were able to make a perfect match of providers for my mom's care during the times I needed it. What's the saying, "When mamas happy, everybody's happy." That works in this case. I will continue to use Visiting Angels as long as I am a caregiver. Stress free and mom likes the people they send!

From Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula is an in-home care provider serving Newport News, VA and the surrounding area. Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Photos of Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

• Companionship
  • Meal Preparation
  • Errand And Grocery Assistance

Travel

• Travel Details: Staff Will Travel 30+ Miles To Provide Care.

Screening