Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Hcp_cert

Reviews of Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

Nancy M_470647 May 15, 2017

Visiting Angels has nice caregivers that are willing to do anything that needs to be done.

Theresa C_470642 May 15, 2017

Visiting Angels does background checks, there are usually back-ups, and you can get someone there. They are reliable.

Bernice B_470637 May 15, 2017

I would tell a friend that Visiting Angels was very prompt and they were nice.

Philip T_470621 May 15, 2017

Visiting Angels has employees that are compassionate and have great work ethics.

Barbara C April 27, 2017

The services have made a difference in my life by enabling me to live in my house.

Grace R April 27, 2017

My mom receives excellent care from Visiting Angels and without them, she wouldn't be able to maintain her independence. I'm very grateful that they are available. Having someone take care of my mom gives me the comfort and assurance that she is well provided for.

Bob F April 26, 2017

The services help with meals and they help my dad, who is close to being bed ridden.

Nancy M April 21, 2017

Visiting Angels has made my life easier because I can trust the caregiver to care for my husband when I go to a meeting.

Rosemary "Mary" L April 21, 2017

Visiting Angels has given my wife an outlet to speak to someone other than myself.

Barbara L April 17, 2017

The services helped by cleaning. Some people are efficient and have a good attitude. Some of the younger ones do not have a good attitude.

Sam K April 17, 2017

The caregivers really care and take care of my mother. They make sure she eats and takes her medication when she needs to.

Caring_2643128 August 10, 2016

Very disappointed in visiting angels, mostly the management. Made us feel like our 100 year old loved one was not important enough. Often Did not call back when we requested additional help in the last few days. Never updated the ladies on the worsened condition of the client. Then send a new, very young girl, without any experience that was kind but of no help whatsoever. They send a lot of different people, which was not what they initially told us. They said they would try to send mostly the same 2 or so people. There were 3 people that were really good and kind. One moved away after only one visit. When we requested extra help, we were told they did not have anyone available, even though one of the ladies was not accepting any other jobs, just in case we needed her.

saharris December 31, 2015

Do not use this agency. I had s horrible experience. The quality of their staff is poor. My in laws had valuables stolen from them. Another staff member came to their home to find a wheelchair and a step ladder blocking the entrance to their bedroom so they couldn't get out. Yeah I know unbelievable. I am a RN so you can imagine the fury I was experiencing. Owner of agency was rude, no compassion and basically told me I was a liar. I had to post this review in hopes that no other family has to go through what my family went through. My father in law had Parkinson's and my mother in law had severe dementia so I could not gets good information from them on details. I quit my very good nursing job to care for them myself.

Patty9 December 27, 2012

Visiting Angels was referred to me because they're a national organization. At that time, I found a way that my father could be given companion care. My dad was able to live independently but he needed help. I've had some really good experiences with them for the most part. The girls that they send me are great. I have my chosen ones. Those are the girls that I've gotten to know very well. It started out as companion care but it's been total care now for two and half years. It kinda changed the level of our needs. So I wanted to get people that I could know and trust. So I worked with just a few girls. I'm not implying that I couldn't trust the other girls but it just makes it easier when you know them. They're like family. I have Visiting Angels for a total of 4 years now.

oldestsister November 23, 2011

I watch my mom 4 months of each year being fortunate enough to share this role with my sisters in another state. I knew it would be necessary, for me to retain some sense of balance and relief, to have in-home care at times. I chose Visiting Angels who were wonderful work with in every way. They have a seamless interview process and were able to make a perfect match of providers for my mom's care during the times I needed it. What's the saying, "When mamas happy, everybody's happy." That works in this case. I will continue to use Visiting Angels as long as I am a caregiver. Stress free and mom likes the people they send!

About Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula is an in-home care provider serving Newport News, VA and the surrounding area. Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Features of Visiting Angels of the Virginia Peninsula

• Companionship
  • Meal Preparation
  • Errand And Grocery Assistance

Travel

• Travel Details: Staff Will Travel 30+ Miles To Provide Care.

Screening