Potomac Home Health Care

6001 MONTROSE ROAD 301, Rockville, MD, 20852

Top nearby Home Health Agencies

Reviews of Potomac Home Health Care

cinthiaw June 12, 2014

I have now had 3 experiences with Potomac Home Health, which is a part of Suburban Hospital. This agency is one of the worst home health agencies I have ever run into. Michele, who they say is a supervisor was rude, and did nothing to solve a problem starting with the nurse who came to my home to "Assess" my mother. The nurse as they call her was disoriented, confused, rude, went into my bedrooms, and closets, used my supplies without my knowledge, and wore muddy shoes into my home. She asked me to Help her with her job by holding all of her supplies at her side when in fact there was a table right by her side.The second nurse they sent who could not speak with enough for me to clearly understand hung up on me today when I said I cannot make today for your visit how about tomorrow. She said well today at 10 is when I can come. It was 9 at the time.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Potomac Home Health Care

Potomac Home Health Care is a home health agency serving Rockville, MD and the surrounding area. Potomac Home Health Care offers around-the-clock medical and non-medical care in the home. Contact the agency for more details on services and rates.

Features of Potomac Home Health Care

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/11/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non-profit
  • Date Certified: 04/04/1984
  • Services offered: Nursing Care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Medical Social, Home Health Aide

Quality of Service

• Timeliness of providing service
    96.7%
  • Taught patient or caregivers about their drugs
    98.7%
  • Checked patient's risk of falling
    99.8%
  • Checked patient for depression
    99.2%
  • Checked for flu vaccination
    77.1%
  • Checked for pneumonia shot
    80.3%
  • Provided diabetes specific care including getting doctors orders, giving foot care, and teatching patients about foot care
    99.7%
  • How often patients had less pain moving around
    68.7%
  • How often home health patients had to be admitted to the hospital
    13.9%
  • How often patients receiving home health care needed urgent, unplanned care in the ER without being admitted
    11.2%
  • How often home health patients, who have had a recent hospital stay, had to be re-admitted to the hospital
    Same As Expected
  • How often home health patients, who have had a recent hospital stay, received care in the hospital emergency room without being re-admitted to the hospital
    Same As Expected

Patient Improvement

• Walking or moving around
    67.1%
  • Getting in and out of bed
    73.6%