The Hearthstone

6720 E Greenlake Way N, Seattle, WA, 98103

Reviews of The Hearthstone

BRL June 28, 2015

The wonderful things about the Hearthstone come easily to mind: 1) Green Lake and its park is our front yard. Almost every morning, I walk along the lake and savor the natural beauty which reveals itself with such abundance in each season. The people I meet, some of whom have become friends, the children, the dogs, the birds, the turtles, the squirrels, and the bunnies combine to create a delight at the start of my days. 2) Area businesses provide a variety of contexts for a vibrant multi-generational, multi-ethnic community to gather and enjoy their services; shuttles and buses take us where we need to go. 3) As a resident of the Hearthstone, I deeply appreciate our caring staff, the clean and well-maintained continuing care facilities that offer me support throughout the range of my needs. My late husband and I looked at other retirement centers in the Seattle-Eastside area, and found the warmth and talents of the residents, the caring, committed staff and the location to meet our needs. I am grateful to be here. BRL

Nola2 March 27, 2015

The Hearthstone is the one I have been looking at all my life as an adult. In comparison to the other facility, I think I'd rather be there. It is for profit, and it cost a little more. It has been there for a long time, and I have been looking at that one for most of my life. It is convenient to where I live now. It keeps me inside the city, and I'm not moving outside my comfort zone as far as where I live. The staffs are very nice. It is a first class outfit, and it is a wonderful place.

H. V. Smith January 14, 2014

Because the Hearthstone was within a mile from our house in northeast Seattle, and four of my wife's relatives had lived here, it was a logical place to start looking for our last home. It's across the street from Green Lake and its park--an easy walk for some exercise in natural beauty. A comparison with six other retirement complexes in or near Seattle soon elevated it in our minds. We narrowed our choices to continuing care and non-profit, church-affiliated communities, with bus access, level surroundings for strolling, and within an active business area with stores, restaurants, public library, and a bank. The Hearthstone was near the top-rated in all these categories. Three Metro bus lines pass by the building, or a short walk away, that will take us to many areas of Seattle and beyond. My wife died as we were making plans to move, so when a vacancy at the Hearthstone came within weeks, I continued those plans alone. I have never regretted choosing the Hearthstone, and my ten years living here have only validated our choice.

Franz1 December 31, 2013

They are excellent and have many helpful service which are promptly provided. Proximity to Green Lake is a great benefit.

Caring1243 December 24, 2013

They have caring staff. They have three good meals per day. The place is clean as a whistle. It has a wonderful setting with great views across the street from a lake with a walking path all around. It has a relaxed and atmosphere. We have a lot of exercise, entertainment and stimulation!

olydad360 July 24, 2012

I'll be honest, when they told me where my Grandmother was living, I was not at all expecting what I saw. I think I had it in my head that every "old folks home" was some depressing building with 70's decor and a clinic-vibe. The Hearthstone is not that AT ALL, it is so nice! Seriously, I think her place is nicer than mine. She's got a beautiful room with a balcony which overlooks Green Lake here in Seattle, the view is gorgeous. Each floor has a nice lounge, hang-out area where residents can socialize, I know my Grandmother has already made a few good friends. What really tripped me out is that there is basically a really nice restaurant right in the building. I've brought my kids a couple times and ate dinner with her there, it's great! Most importantly, she's really happy there. Everyone on staff that I met was fantastic, it really makes it easy to know she's there and has whatever she needs, 24-7. Absolutely two thumbs up, I would recommend it highly.

PuppyHoyt June 22, 2011

The Hearthstone assisted living center in Seattle was a welcoming environment that provided a continuum of care. The facility is located along Green Lake, which provides a number of recreational and fitness opportunities. The staff at Hearthstone seemed warm, caring, and helpful. The bottom floor provided communal areas for eating, as well as numerous scheduled activities. The cafeteria and common furniture seemed clean and up to date, the piano was in tune, and the plaques provided a community feeling. Sign in at a monitored front desk was polite, but provided security. Progressive care levels increased at higher floor levels. More independent living areas had a social atmosphere and were personalized with decorations. All the staff I encountered in the halls seemed genuine and compassionate. Based on my impressions as a visitor to this facility, it is one of the nicest assisted living centers I've seen.

About The Hearthstone

The Hearthstone is a continuing care retirement community in Seattle, WA that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact The Hearthstone for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Features of The Hearthstone