Regency Grand at West Covina

150 S Grand Ave, West Covina, CA, 91791

Reviews of Regency Grand at West Covina

Emily18 November 30, 2015

The people at Regency Grand At West Covina are great and friendly. I haven't had any problems with them. The rooms are really nice. When we moved in, we had a temporary room which was already furnished. After that, my mother-in-law moved into an unfurnished room. When you are moved in permanently, they have unfurnished rooms, so you have to furnish them. Before you move in, they offer temporary furnished rooms. I like the overall experience and the friendliness. The place is super clean and looks really nice, especially for the price. They offer a lot of activities and seem very hands-on. I think this is the nicest place among all that I have visited and has the best price.

Caring112314350 September 30, 2015

Regency Grand was very ritzy, and I knew uncle and dad wouldn’t like that. I saw the memory care folks trying to do basketball, which I thought was cool. There was no parking, and that really turned me off. Although a reservation was made for me, they were unaware that I was coming. The lady was very nice. They had a community dog and cat, and I really liked that. They had a sensory room, it was incredibly awesome, and I loved it.

James113074350 September 29, 2015

Regency Grand was excellent. That was really nice. People were friendly. They took me on a tour. It was a very clean place. Everything looked good. All the people that lived there seemed to be happy. They were always saying "Hi. How are you doing?" That was probably be the place once I ever got to the point where I would no longer capable. The rooms were bigger than the other place I visited. To me, I was satisfied. There was parking available, they would let me have a parking space, and I could even avail of a special one if I wanted to for a nominal fee. I was surprised how big and clean it was.

Z. A. August 31, 2015

We have already placed Mom at Regency Grand at West Covina. It is very nice. It is very accommodating. Also it is close to our home, which makes it nice. Mom needed memory care, and they offer that too, so it is just a very nice place. She has been there for six weeks now. The staff is very accommodating and very nice. They explained everything very thoroughly. They wanted to be sure we had a good understanding of what care my mom would be receiving, cost associated, and what we could do. When they met with my mom, they talked directly to her to make her feel that this is the place they wanted her to be where she would be welcomed. Some places with elders, they talked to the children versus the actual residents, but at Regency Grand at West Covina, they were very accommodating. The staff knows all of the residents by name, so it is very clear who they're speaking with. They have a very nice dining area for the assisted and independent living, which we can bring Mom to. We can have dinner or lunch there with her at a cost, so we can bring her out of the memory care. They're very nice people, and they allow you to come any time, which is very comforting for us.

Steven22 August 21, 2015

What I like about Regency Grand at West Covina is its location and the facility itself. I like the fact that they have a high retention of employees. I like the rooms and what they offered. The food is very good. Their kitchen is open all the time, and they have several options for their residents.

Caring100453250 January 13, 2015

I found a place for my mom to go for respite care. It's called The Regency Grand. I had a wonderful experience with them. Everybody there was lovely. The staff was just outstanding. We did try the food. We enjoyed it. It was very nicely kept. The whole area there was beautiful -- the cafeteria and everything.

Caring96087650 November 15, 2014

I went to Regency Grand. It is four or five stories high, so it is more like an apartment building, but it is a very lovely place. They have residential living, assisted living, and an Alzheimer's unit. If you need a little convalescent after being in the hospital, they also can accommodate that. I have friends who are there. It is a very lovely place and elegant, really, on the first floor with their dining room, and the public rooms are very, very attractive. When I've been there for lunch or for dinner, the food has been just great, but always as a guest of a resident. Regarding activities, it is pretty much the same as the other facility. You can go out for doctor's appointments, and you can go shopping. They take residents to festivals and fairs. They have a library and a patio.

Caring75052750 January 31, 2014

I chose Regency Grand for my mom because it was the nicest one in the area. It was a very classy and impressive place. Everything was great when mom was there. The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. They were perfect people. My mom was in a private room with a large bedroom, bathroom, living room and a kitchen. She had kitchen cabinet and a sink, but there was no cooking per se. The meals were all downstairs. The food was good. They had tons of activities as well. They had excursions and they would go to various places like casino. They took them shopping. They had the usual bingo and card playing. They brought in entertainment especially during the holidays. There were lots of local children groups that sing and perform and that was nice. They also had religious services, which was a bonus.

Caring75516550 December 21, 2013

My mom had been in Regency Grand for 10 years. This place was very deceiving. It was a very fancy-looking and all but the rent was very expensive and the food there was sad. Food was shipped in and it wasn't really freshly made. Also my mom was having things stolen from her on a kind of regular basis and they did nothing about it. Some of the staff members were very nice. They had all kinds of shift workers and that was bad because you would never see the same person coming in and out. And since they had all the keys to all the rooms, they can go in and out and pass the keys everywhere or whatever you want to call it. There just was no privacy or safety in this place. I didn't feel my mom was safe there. For activities, they did have shuttles for doctor's appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They did Indian Casinos once in a while. They would also see a movie which was kind of sad because people were wheeled in in their wheelchairs and left there for two or threes hours. This was not a very caring place. When they gave my mom a drug that they weren't supposed to give her, we made a complaint with the state regarding that. What happened next was that they evicted her because the state cited them for giving her a drug she wasn't supposed to have, so it was a retaliation. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Caring65325250 November 22, 2013

Regency Grand was closer to my home. It was very nice and they were very friendly and very helpful. The rooms looked nice. It looked like they had a craft person come in. They let them furnish them the way they wanted and bring in some of their own furniture and pictures.

Gary3 August 30, 2012

The staff were friendly and warm. It's very attractive, like a resort.

Shirley7 August 26, 2012

My husband is currently staying at Regency Grand and I'm so happy that he's in this facility. We've worked with an in-home care before we moved him to the facility for his memory care. Regency Grand was a really place that you can recommend to anyone who are looking for an assisted living care. It's very nice, clean, and well kept.

They keep their residents safe and busy with different levels of activity. They even have animals in the facility where residents can feed them. They really have this nice homey environment. You can really feel that every person was well taken care of, and you can see that they are really helping their residents in many ways.

From Regency Grand at West Covina

Regency Grand at West Covina is the definition of luxurious assisted living. Here, residents awake each morning knowing they have control over whatever lies ahead. Each day is as active, inspiring and as serene as they want it to be. After all, our philosophy is to encourage an active senior lifestyle that supports privacy and dignity for those coming from Diamond Bar, Glendora, San Dimas and the surrounding communities.

• Elegant restaurant-style meals daily with on-site chef
  • Balcony in every apartment
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Social, cultural and recreational activities with transportation
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Detailed, customized Care Plans to meet all of our resident lifestyle needs and preferences
  • Wellness program and fitness room featuring specialized, senior-friendly workout equipment
  • Complimentary laundry facilities
  • Full-service beauty salon
  • Library
  • Theatre room for private events
  • Café and mini shop
  • Billiards room
  • Pets welcome
  • Landscaped gardens and dog walking path
  • Kaiser-Permanente on-site doctor facilities
  • Putting green and gazebo

Regency Grand is considered the area’s premier senior retirement community – where music fills the hallways, sunshine finds its way into large windows and every consideration has been made to senior living. That includes the door handles and walk-in showers, easily accessible bathrooms, as well as the elevators found on both ends of the community. Regency Grand at West Covina was purposefully built with an understanding that home is something different to everyone. Here, seniors live independently with the comfort and security of 24-hour access to our care team of highly trained, compassionate and respectful professionals.

Features of Regency Grand at West Covina