Bellingham

1615 East Boot Road, West Chester, PA, 19380

Reviews of Bellingham

LD4 December 22, 2015

My wife and I visited Bellingham. The place was nice and acceptable. It was very clean and the rooms were nice. The place has one large area where the residents socialize. They seemed to be enjoying themselves and communicating with each other. I also saw that the food looked fine. It was indeed a pleasurable experience.

SH59 November 30, 2015

The price at Bellingham was more reasonable than the other places I visited. However, I was disappointed when they walked me into one of the apartments. I would not even think of moving my father there. The rooms were very old, very dated. I was told by one of the women there that residents can work with their contractors to upgrade the rooms but probably at your own expense. The outside areas were not that extensive, just OK. The dining area was small. The woman who took me around was very pleasant and informative, but the apartments were a real turn off for me. They’ve got balconies but the air-conditioning condensers were sitting on a shelf on the balconies, so when you’re sitting on your balcony, you’re going to sit with your air conditioner.

Thank for your feedback. I apologize that the tour of our community was less than you hoped. I assure you that we take great pride in providing first class customer service and work with residents and families to continuously exceed expectations. I invite you to contact me personally so I can gain a better understanding of what we could have done to improve your experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you - Jason Shott, Executive Director

Rita34 October 29, 2015

We choose Bellingham Retirement Community for my sister-in-law because of the cost. It is the lowest cost, and the location is good with respect to her and her children. It is the nearest to her children. They are first-rate. They are very accommodating and efficient. They return your calls and they seem to have a very well-run residence. I know they have programs. The food is excellent. The dining area is first-rate. It is like a white tablecloth restaurant. The apartment that my sister-in-law is in is re-painted, re-carpeted, and re-tiled prior to her move, so it is in excellent shape. They rooms are not new, but they are maintained very well. I like the meticulous maintenance of the residence, and the grounds is what I like best.

Jill and Lida August 15, 2015

My mother has lived at the Bellingham for over three years. She started in independent living. The residents reached out to each other and provided nice support. I think my mother liked the dining hall and the system they have to encourage residents to make friends and sit together. She especially liked the informal dining area with a gas fireplace. The facility is always clean and the staff is friendly. Eventually my mother needed memory care. The transition was easy and I feel she is very safe and comfortable. I get the impression that the friends and family members of the residents at the Bellingham are very involved. That is the key to a successful senior living experience.

Margaret111405750 August 13, 2015

The rooms at Bellingham Retirement Community are such a nice size, and they’re bright, cheery, and very clean. Everybody is so friendly, both the staff, and the other residents; they make you feel welcome. They have a nice dining room, they serve you, and the food is good. They have bingo, trivia sessions, and bowling. They have their own jitney, and it takes you to the supermarket like K-Mart. For the Catholics, it takes you to mass on Sunday. I feel right at home because it’s so comfortable.

Diana45 August 12, 2015

I thought Bellingham was very nice. It was very clean. The residents seemed very happy. I was surprised at how well run it was. The tour was nice, but they didn't have any availability in the assisted living, so they were showing me more of the independent living, but my mom is not capable of living independently. There was a very nice young lady who showed me around and introduced us to the people. She also showed me all the amenities. It was a very nice visit.

Thanks you for taking time to share your impression of Bellingham Retirement Community. The entire staff work tirelessly at exceeding customer expectations and creating a welcoming and caring environment. Please stop by and visit us again soon! - Jason Shott, Campus Executive Director.

Caring103688750 May 28, 2015

Bellingham Retirement has been very friendly and flexible, and that was refreshing to see. It has some years; it’s not new, but it’s nice. You can choose your table, and your table is different each time in the dining room. They appear helpful and informative. They have a good art program, it seems like a family place, and they are open to ideas. The facility needs to be updated.

Anonymous104954050 May 24, 2015

Bellingham was very nice. Their accommodations were not quite as large as the other facility we went to, but they were good. They had a pool, and they provided transportation. We saw their dining room and had a snack. It was good. The dining room was very nice and large. It was a large modern community with a beautiful setting. There were trees and grass around it. It was a very lovely place, and it was clean.

Caring104290750 January 12, 2015

The manager in Bellingham has a lot of empathy. I don't know about the staff, but my mother is not too happy there. The facility, cleanliness, and maintenance seem fine. She was in Skilled Care at Bellingham, and they released her to an apartment which is called Personal Care. My mother is a lot happier in the Skilled Care unit. The staff ratio there is 1 to 8, but in the apartment it's 1 to 17. I think she is not yet used to it yet. She is staying in a nice 1-bedroom apartment. She really enjoyed the activities she had in skilled care. They do have activities in the apartment, and she really likes the director of activities. The food in the assisted living facility is fair.

Caring46439450 January 06, 2015

Bellingham is a good facility, and they have a nursing home. I was there for lunch, and the food was good.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We appreciate your feedback and would like to invite you back for a complimentary lunch and tour so we can hear more about your thoughts and how we can improve our community. Feel free to reach out to me directly. (773) 580-7546 or jconlon@seniorlifestyle.com. Thanks, Joseph Conlon, Executive Director

Frankburns August 10, 2014

We toured the community and loved it. Everyone just seemed so happy. The woman at the front desk greeted us when we entered. It felt like a place that my mom could call home. I loved the history of the farmhouse and the grounds. I love the fact that there are multiple levels of care so that we will not have to move my mom if her needs change. I would recommend anyone to come and visit this place in you are looking for a place for their parents.

Beach babe May 13, 2014

Do not recommend this facility ! Our mother was found deceased a day after our request for a wellness check and the facilities response was that she seemed to be sleeping. When a family states they can not reach their loved one for an extended period, the logical assumption is that something is amiss and should be investigated. Many poor maintenance issues. Not a nice place.

Thank for taking the time to review our community. We are so truly sorry to hear about your mother, and can assure you that we have the most efficient systems in place to ensure all of our residents health and safety. We’d be very appreciative to hear some more feedback from you about how we can improve our services at the community. You can feel free to reach out to me directly at (773) 580-7546 or jconlon@seniorlifestyle.com. Thanks, Joseph Conlon, Executive Director

Caring70926050 March 31, 2014

I went to Bellingham, and it was outrageously expensive. The staff was wonderful. It seemed like a very friendly place. The people I met there were very welcoming and pleasant to speak with. I know they had programs for seniors who they met during the day, and they had a lot of activities. They had a workout room. I don't have anything negative to say.

Caring48762550 March 31, 2014

What I liked about Bellingham is that when I got there, there weren't a lot of old people hanging out in the lobby like there are in a lot of the places. I like the look of it, I like the location. It's close by to me. I like the way the building is set up. Each building has a different group in it: assisted living or independent or semi-assisted. The rooms were nice; they were apartment-type. The staff seemed very nice, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go there because everything is expensive.

Pat46 January 30, 2014

The girl who toured me around Bellingham seemed very nice. I like the facility because the apartments are of good size. I was able to see their two and one bedroom apartment. I also like that it has a balcony in it. The building itself seemed to be very nice. We walked around the facility and it seemed like they have a nice little garden area.

Caring04031 October 09, 2013

I visited Bellingham. I liked the facility itself and the fact that it was self-contained and that it did have a rehab as well as a memory care unit there. However, the price, excluding additional care, was completely out of our budget. If they would accommodate people with low-income capabilities, that would be good. Still, I would recommend this place to others.

CaringDaughter0000228 August 22, 2013

We chose Bellingham Retirement Community because of the cost, location and what they had to offer. The person who showed us around was very nice and very thorough. I had not talked to the other staff yet. My mom had a two bedroom apartment and it was roomy with a lot of storage. There were also a lot of activities for the residents to partake in. I would recommend this facility to others.

Thomas6513 August 20, 2013

I just signed a lease to move into a 2-bedroom at Bellingham's independent living. It has a very warm feeling to it. It's a very nice, very comprehensive facility because it has 4 different levels of care. Many of the residents I ran into are all very nice and very encouraging about moving there. My room is very spacious, has a lot of windows and it gets a lot of natural light which I like. I like that it's on the ground floor too because I use a walker. It's very nicely kept and well-maintained.

The staff is extremely friendly and everyone that I spoke with was very pleasant. They're very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. The place is a little bit bigger than others and there seem to be a little more people and a lot of activities. I'm only 66 years old, and there seems to be more people in their 60s and 70s than anywhere else. It's just 2 miles up the road from where I live now.

Cody Joe May 15, 2012

I went to visit my grandmother at this community which is situated in a rural setting among farms, horses, and rolling hills. The facilities are beautiful, peaceful, and quaint. The residents were at an ice cream social when I got there, and there seemed to be many social gatherings planned which was nice. The facilities are nice and include a library, a dining room, and many lobbies that are nicely appointed. The staff is everywhere and was willing and able to help anyone out. I had encounters with both the medical office and physical therapists on site, and both were very friendly and pleasant, and had formed a personal relationship with my grandmother. I feel happy for her that she is there.

YourPeir June 22, 2011

My grandmother lived here for 4 years from 1997 to 2001. I would visit her on weekends frequently and eat meals with her. Dinners were excellent and I often had dinner with my grandmother's friends. It was not too difficult for her and I to meet other people and everyone was very nice. There was a strong sense of community in Bellingham, which I think she enjoyed very much. There was plenty of space I she really enjoyed her time there.

From Bellingham

Senior personal care at Bellingham offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior personal care community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Bellingham, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior personal care while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our personal care community in West Chester has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Bellingham, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Personal Care Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Historic Architecture - Centered around a historic Farm House and an 18th century converted barn___ Beautifully landscaped property adjacent to a 14.5 acre park with walking trail that is minutes from hospitals, cultural venues and shopping___ variety of programs and  activities  including award winning “Brain Health University” designed to stimulate and build cognitive health___ Full Continuum of Care - Independent Living, Personal Care, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and Rehabitation___ Homelike environment that is friendly and inclusive

Features of Bellingham

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Staff patient ratio: 10/1
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Department ofPublic Welfare

Nurses

• Nurses extra: We have 24 hour nurses.

Location of Bellingham