Huntington Retirement Hotel

20920 Earl Street, Torrance, CA, 90503

Reviews of Huntington Retirement Hotel

Bill Duch September 16, 2013

My mother was a resident at Huntington for almost five years. During that time she received the most caring and loving treatment I could ever hope for. Her room was always clean and airy and the staff went out of their way to accommodate her special needs. From the people responsible for transportation, the kitchen staff, the housekeeping staff and the caregivers, everyone worked in concert to make her residence there a very pleasant experience. What always impressed me was the way the management involved families and loved ones in the community. There are special events that bring everyone together on special occasions that mean a great deal to the residents. My mother's friends and caregivers became my friends too. Even though she has passed, I know I will continue to visit these wonderful people.

jamesvee1 June 26, 2013

I have spent many days and evenings in this place and witnessed first hand that the compassion and sincerely caring people working at this establishment truly give their all. The residents and staff including the administrative staff have been nothing but gracious to our entire family. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice place for their loved ones. The place is great !!

TruthSpeaks June 25, 2013

The administration crew here lacks real devotion.. both to it's residents and to their staff. They make such an effort to make things look a certain way when relatives are around. Not to mention how far they go to make a holiday themed party an exceptional grand gesture. That the relatives (of their residents) who don't come by to visit them much, get the impression that they are leaving their loved ones in a place that is not at all what it seems. The administration should spend less time, money and effort trying to impress family members and more on the actual needs of its residents. They are always under staffed. They wheel the poor residents around from room to room sometimes forgetting them for hours because the are always so short of staff. And they are short of staff because they treat all their employees as if they are all disposable. How is anyone going to feel like part of a caring team, if no one treats them that way?!? I do not recommend this place. Your relatives are better off living alone and left fending for them selves!

They talk about the remodeling.. yes.. they are remodeling.. but only the empty rooms.. they actually wait for a resident to die or move out before remodeling a room. They are heartless. Go check it out for yourself.. ask to see they new renovated rooms and then ask to see the rooms that are currently occupied.. money hungry - plain and simple. It is all just a business for them.

Yvonne4 June 13, 2013

My mom lived at Huntington Retirement Hotel. The facility was very nice, they had upgraded most of the rooms and it was kept clean. She had her own room which was large enough for people to sit. The caretakers were excellent and they seemed positive, happy and always smiled. They had night staff and he came in when she rang the bell and he was happy to do it. But the food was mediocre, there could be more vegetables instead of only meat. They had activities like sing-along, but it would be better if there were more intellectual activities. Maybe in the future, they could have wi-fi in the area. Nonetheless, it was a pleasant place and she was happy.

Sashasdad February 21, 2013

I had a relative living at the Huntington for nearly two years and was extremly satisfied with her care until the new administrator took over. As a result of the staff cuts and the changes to the way that care is administered I felt that I had no choice but to move this relative to another facility. The caregivers do the best they can but there are just not enough caregivers for the number of residents. The warmth and care that used to make this an outstanding alternitive to living at home is gone. I would no longer recommend this facility to anyone. It was a difficult decision to relocate this relative after nearly two years but I no longer felt that they had her best interests at heart. It was no longer a home but an institution.

Katscat January 23, 2013

I have a relative living there for the past year. Originally I found the Huntington a wonderful alternative to keeping my relative at home . I felt she would do better being able to socialize. The staff was warm and friendly. Not so anymore. The new management has them fearing losing their jobs and they are overworked due to the decrease in staff. The caregivers do their job but no longer do the little extras that made the place stand out from the rest. The residents no longer seem happy or content. Has become a very depressing place to visit.

Alice355 December 07, 2012

My mother has been a resident for over 2 years. This facility was outstanding until they brought in new administrators about a year ago. They have steadily gone down hill since. They went from being a warm compassionate caring home to a sterile institution. The employees are still outstanding but the management staff is slowly killing the place. About 25% of the residents have moved to other facilities in the past year.

About Huntington Retirement Hotel

Huntington Retirement Hotel is an assisted living facility in Torrance, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Huntington Retirement Hotel for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Huntington Retirement Hotel

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: 40 hours/week

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee

• Pets: All Pets