Starting At: $3500

Contact for details

Accepting inquiries

About Marymount Villa

MarymountVilla 78078
At Marymount Villa we believe everyone can find meaning and joy in life, even when they need a little help with daily living. We offer independent, assisted living, respite and hospice care.

Marymount Villa offers a gracious setting and well-appointed décor with state-of-the-art amenities. We offer a wide range of personal care options which includes a custom tailor care-plan, short-term respite and hospice care.

Conveniently located just a few miles from major highways, within easy walking distance from BART/AC transit and just 10 minutes away from Oakland International Airport, families from throughout the country and the San Francisco Bay Area choose Marymount Villa for its location and beautiful weather.

Our large sunny veranda overlooks the beautiful historic Casa Peralta, built mid 1800s, which is the site of many civic events. Residents can also take walks and enjoy the gardens and grounds of the Casa as well as the San Leandro Historical Society exhibits next door.

Importantly, unlike some Independent and Assisted Living Communities, we do not require long-term contracts or elaborate buy-in arrangements.

Reviews of Marymount Villa

Average Rating: 4.1 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 9 Reviews

Posted by Diane109424750 July 06, 2015

I have visited Marymount Villa, and this is definitely where my mother-in-law is in. It is very small. She is on the psychiatric floor, so she needs very special attention. The care seems to be fine. They all knew her. I think the food is excellent. I was impressed with it.

Posted by a fellow reviewer July 04, 2015

We visited Marymount Villa. The staff was very nice and very informative. Their activities were great. They had karaoke and music. The facility itself was more like an apartment building in a city. So, the rooms were not very nice. They were very dated, not well set up, and somewhat small. I was sure that somebody could make it their own, but it seemed very dated. However, the dining room was lovely. It was very well done. They had a great menu. For somebody who grew up in the city or who wanted an apartment style setting, that would definitely be the location for them. They also had a beautiful balcony. My father wasn't into the activities that they were mostly into, and he didn't like the apartment settings. It was a nice facility, but I would definitely say that the room needed work.

Posted by a fellow reviewer May 17, 2015

Marymount was very nice, the people were nice, and the food was good. The apartment was probably 6x6 in size. They have tai-chi and group meetings. The reason I chose Marymount is because they have independent and assisted living.

Posted by a fellow reviewer May 07, 2015

What I like about Marymount Villa is that it's close to many things. It's close to the bus station so I can get around in the area here, the shops that I can go to, and the restaurants. The staff does a good job in taking care of me as well as people with disabilities. The room that I have is a fairly good size. I have my bed and my TV. Their dining room is nice with murals on the wall, but it would be nicer if they have a chef although the food is pretty good. They have some activities as well. The bad thing about it is that I am mentally competent, and most people that are going to assisted living don’t communicate so there is nobody to talk to. They can improve on answering the call button more efficiently.

Posted by a fellow reviewer February 19, 2015

Marymount Villa has very nice staff. They did have activities, and they are really nice as well. I didn't taste the food though. It was clean, and it was very friendly. The rooms are very spacious. I only got to see the shared room, and it was OK. It was very clean and accommodating. They have a very beautiful garden too.

Posted by a fellow reviewer February 17, 2015

My mom was at Marymount Villa. It was adequate and was the only one that I could afford, unfortunately. The bedside staff was nice. The room was nice. They were going to bring in a nightstand and a dresser before she moved in, and they would hang a picture. There was a move in cost of $2,000.00, but when we arrived, none of that had been done, so I was not happy with that because they were not ready when she arrived even though they had days to do that and pushed her to come earlier than later. When we did arrive, no one met us or greeted us. They were just like "Oh, go up there," and I was unhappy with that as well. When I was working out her meds, they said, "Just go up to the med nurse." I didn't know where the med nurse was. I thought that the director or whoever should have met us and made sure that everything was in line with her medication and that her room was ready. So, the reception, in my opinion, was really lacking. However, I liked that it was close to home. It seemed to be relatively clean. The care partners came up and introduced themselves to me and my mom. So, that part was good. I thought the care partners were good. They did negotiate with me the costs -- that was a huge plus -- and my big negative was they didn't appear to be ready for her even though they pushed for an earlier arrival.

Posted by Helen99638750 September 30, 2014

The rooms were of really nice size at Marymount Villa. It gave you an opportunity to be away from home, but mom was able to bring some of her items and felt like she was at home. The staff was very nice and I like that they have 24/hour staff. Everybody there is very friendly. The facility is very clean. They offer activities. They have a calendar where they do certain things, but I can't remember the specifics. I really feel that it is a great facility. It also was the most affordable one.

Posted by Clyd May 31, 2013

Marymount Villa was excellent. Everything was very, very clean. The people there seem to be very attentive. Everything I saw looked like it's in pristine condition. The rooms were fine and the eating facility was fine. I was very pleased with the management.

Posted by DrJames'Corner July 21, 2011

I've referred many clients to Marymount, which offers assisted living with memory care. They also have hospice on site.

The staff is well qualified, professional, welcoming, warm. They're well trained in hospitality--and those in memory care are well trained and have many years experience. They don't have much turnover at all--which is very good.

It's located in San Leandro, in an upscale setting close to BASRT and AC Transit. It's also just 10 minutes from the Oakland Airport.

The facility is state of the art: modern, upscale apartments that are new and well kept and with nice views of the Bay and garden areas.

The social services department at Marymount provides activities 7 days a week. And their wellness program includes both PT and OT.

It's also pet friendly, and the food is good--three meals and snacks (but not much choice).

Location of Marymount Villa

Features of Marymount Villa

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,500/month

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 15601083

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Agreement to be Contacted by Telephone.