Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Marymount Villa

MarymountVilla 78078

Not only does Marymount Villa offer exceptional assistant living care we lso have an unique residential care program for those who have Alzheimer's disease or related dementia conditions. We believe in preserving our resident's dignity, enhancing independence, recognizing individuality, maintaining privacy and respecting resident's right to make personal choices. We create an atmosphere of caring and compassion for our residents through every stage of their memory loss.

Reviews of Marymount Villa

Posted by Caring106373950 February 19, 2015
4.0

Marymount Villa has very nice staff. They did have activities, and they are really nice as well. I didn't taste the food though. It was clean, and it was very friendly. The rooms are very spacious. I only got to see the shared room, and it was OK. It was very clean and accommodating. They have a very beautiful garden too.

Posted by Caring99707550 February 17, 2015
3.0

My mom was at Marymount Villa. It was adequate and was the only one that I could afford, unfortunately. The bedside staff was nice. The room was nice. They were going to bring in a nightstand and a dresser before she moved in, and they would hang a picture. There was a move in cost of $2,000.00, but when we arrived, none of that had been done, so I was not happy with that because they were not ready when she arrived even though they had days to do that and pushed her to come earlier than later. When we did arrive, no one met us or greeted us. They were just like "Oh, go up there," and I was unhappy with that as well. When I was working out her meds, they said, "Just go up to the med nurse." I didn't know where the med nurse was. I thought that the director or whoever should have met us and made sure that everything was in line with her medication and that her room was ready. So, the reception, in my opinion, was really lacking. However, I liked that it was close to home. It seemed to be relatively clean. The care partners came up and introduced themselves to me and my mom. So, that part was good. I thought the care partners were good. They did negotiate with me the costs -- that was a huge plus -- and my big negative was they didn't appear to be ready for her even though they pushed for an earlier arrival.

Posted by Helen99638750 September 30, 2014

The rooms were of really nice size at Marymount Villa. It gave you an opportunity to be away from home, but mom was able to bring some of her items and felt like she was at home. The staff was very nice and I like that they have 24/hour staff. Everybody there is very friendly. The facility is very clean. They offer activities. They have a calendar where they do certain things, but I can't remember the specifics. I really feel that it is a great facility. It also was the most affordable one.

Posted by Clyd May 31, 2013

Marymount Villa was excellent. Everything was very, very clean. The people there seem to be very attentive. Everything I saw looked like it's in pristine condition. The rooms were fine and the eating facility was fine. I was very pleased with the management.

Posted by DrJames'Corner July 21, 2011
4.0

I've referred many clients to Marymount, which offers assisted living with memory care. They also have hospice on site.

The staff is well qualified, professional, welcoming, warm. They're well trained in hospitality--and those in memory care are well trained and have many years experience. They don't have much turnover at all--which is very good.

It's located in San Leandro, in an upscale setting close to BASRT and AC Transit. It's also just 10 minutes from the Oakland Airport.

The facility is state of the art: modern, upscale apartments that are new and well kept and with nice views of the Bay and garden areas.

The social services department at Marymount provides activities 7 days a week. And their wellness program includes both PT and OT.

It's also pet friendly, and the food is good--three meals and snacks (but not much choice).

Location of Marymount Villa

Features of Marymount Villa

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 3,330