Braswell's Chateau Villa

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Braswell's Chateau Villa

March 23, 2012

By thegranddaughter

The staff is what makes this a good assisted-care facility for family members. The core staff has been there for years and truly cares about the residents. My grandmother has been there for 8 years, and she is very happy. While many residents have roommates to keeps down the costs, my grandmother has a private apartment. The costs are lower than I usually see advertised for this type of care. They provide 3 hot meals per day plus housekeeping, laundry service and limited local transportation. You can contract additional services for a fee, such as assistance with dressing, bathing, etc. The activities director offers bingo sessions, exercise classes, concerts and parties. The Braswell's throw a nice party. We've had luaus with roast pig (apple in the mouth) and Mad Hatter Tea parties. Alcoholic beverages are sometimes served at the parties. They want the residents to feel at home and have fun. Field trips are arranged, with the residents paying their own way when reaching the destination. Residents can participate or enjoy the quiet of their own rooms. There is no pressure.The building is older but is well maintained. The food isn't great, but the cook accommodates most special requests. No place is perfect, but I trust these people. I would rather have my grandmother cared for by loving, honest people than have her housed in the grandest building.

February 28, 2012

By rerect

This is a multi-unit facility. It has a Alzheimer's unit, Assisted-Living unit and a Convalescent unit. Clean facility with a well-meaning staff. It is severely understaffed, so nurses fly in and out of rooms. I was a student and did my externship there. All the nurses were eager to show us the ropes and made sure we treated their patients right. The only complaint I have is the food. Many of the Assisted-Living residents wanted seasonings on their food, or simply requested something else. My only complaint is lack of staff, but they did the best they could (which was pretty awesome) and helped shaped the careers of a few newbies. My experience there shaped my nursing career.

February 13, 2012

By TheReviewer

The worse thing is the food. They serve lunch meat with mashed potatoes and gravy - very frequently. Most things are packaged or frozen foods that can be bought cheap and in bulk. There is only one caregiver per floor after day shift over. It is reasonable but it is not the cleanest place - They should get rid of all the carpet and have pergo or tile for sanitary reasons. But like I said it is very reasonable.

January 28, 2012

By Grand-Dad's Amy

Braswell's Chateau Villa is so much more than a skilled nursing facility, it is an extension of home. The staff truly care about patients and their families and take the time to design a care program for their individual needs. I personally placed my great grandfather at Braswell's Chateau and saw first hand the level of care he received. We could not have been happier. The convalescent wing is clean, bright and cheery. Staff acknowledge each person with a smile and hello in the hallways. Meal times are served in a beautiful dining room just like home or residents may eat in the privacy of their rooms if they choose. While there, my grandfather's health turned worse and the staff effortlessly took over tasks he could no longer manage himself but they did it in a way that respected his dignity. The staff were so friendly and open with the family and that extra mile they took was much appreciated. My great grandfather thoroughly enjoyed his stay at Braswell's and we had the peace of mind knowing his was in the best capable skilled nursing facility for his needs. I was impressed by the staffs dedication to their patients and the level of comfort afforded the family, just as we needed it.

Services & Amenities of Braswell's Chateau Villa

About Braswell's Chateau Villa

Braswell's Chateau Villa is an assisted living facility in Redlands, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Braswell's Chateau Villa for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Braswell's Chateau Villa