Russellville Park

20 S.E. 103rd Ave, Portland, OR, 97216

Reviews of Russellville Park

Susan119441450 February 15, 2016

Russellville Park is excellent, warm, and friendly. I just really like the facility. It’s clean, well maintained, and the residents and the staff are all welcoming. The rooms are lovely. My father has a large two-bedroom, two-bathroom with a covered balcony. It’s very clean and very neat.

Wecandothis October 23, 2015

I chose it for the place, I love it for the people. I selected this handsome facility for my husband because it includes a gym, salon, cafe and restaurant, yet is not over-the-top expensive. But the best feature has turned out to be an amazing staff. Working in Memory Care requires special talents, and the managers, nurses, aides, housekeepers, and maintenance staff at Russellville all show skillful care and heartwarming concern for residents and their families. Bonus: Russellville is a stop on the light rail (MAX) line, so I - and my husband's guests - don't have to drive in rush hour traffic. Five stars, absolutely.

Caring109516850 September 07, 2015

My mother has chosen Russellville Park for herself. Carrie -- who walked us through the community -- was very nice. My mother is now on a waiting list for a two bedroom apartment. The ones that we saw were very good with a full kitchen. The room we toured had a complete circle lock around so that you could close the bathroom from the bedroom. The guests could just then go in the bathroom from the other way. It also had a huge walk-in closet and pantry. We had also walked through their dining room, and it was wonderful. They had bus tours, bridges, swimming, and exercise classes as part of their activities. They just had a number of things, and my mother really liked the place.

ELW August 13, 2015

We moved our mom into Russellville last Nov after an extensive analysis of several assisted living facilities. We are very satisfied with our decision.

As expected, it has not been an easy transition from the family home of 55 yrs. However, the Russellville staff helped my shy mom adjust to her new environment with their attentive, respectful and responsive care. We have since added nursing services and have been happy with her care.

The staff always has a smile for mom and acknowledge her by her first name. They will frequently take the time for a short conversation, keeping a watchful eye for ways they can make her day easier and more enjoyable.

The food is good and when you have three meals a day in the same dining room, the quality of the meals is important. So is the cheerfulness of the dining staff. A friend of mom's moved from another independent living facility to Russellville because of the dining room's reputation.

I recommend you put Russellville on your short list. The marketing staff will provide you with all the info you need to assess their facilities. I also suggest you talk with the staff and residents. You will find, as my mother has, that even though you can no longer live in the family home, Russellville can become your new home where you are treated like family.

silverhorse13@aol.co May 17, 2015

Russelville court apartments are a disappointment to say the least.The building has been covered with plastic for months on end ( people are depressed with no remedy seen)...no one can give you an answer to anything they just refer you until you give up. The housekeepers are also little spies documenting anything and everything about your living habits...I could go on but if you love your loved one go some place else.

Dear Silverhorse13@aol.com, Thank you for taking the time to write your review about Russellville Park. We take opinions seriously and I am sorry that yours is a negative one. We pride ourselves at addressing resident and family member concerns directly and with honesty. You are correct that the building has undergone a lengthy restoration project which has required it to be wrapped in plastic and scaffolding for many months. I truly understand the inconvenience that this is to people living in the community. However, the repairs were necessary to maintain the integrity of the building. We simply had no choice. We have not taken the impact that this situation has on residents lightly. We started by adding a Project Assistant whose full time responsibilities during the project is to work with residents and make sure that they are as comfortable as possible on a daily basis. In addition, we have added excursions and trips outside the building to increase residents ability to get out of the community while the project has been going on. We increased our activities programming and are hosting ongoing events with the construction management and residents so they can explain progress. The end is in sight. Part of the scaffolding has come down and the remainder will be down within a couple of months. We welcome you to speak to our General Manager, Meg Davidson, at anytime. Just ask to speak to her at the front desk. She would be happy to communicate with you about the progress and challenges of this project. Our goal is to make a difficult situation as manageable as possible. We are also happy to discuss your additional concerns as well. Please feel free to contact me also if you would like to discuss your concerns. We truly do want to do the right thing. Thanks for writing. Sincerely, Michael Juno-Sturm | Operations Director Mjuno-sturm@leisurecare.com

Caring80013350 September 08, 2014

I remember visiting Russellville. The environment was pleasant, but I didn’t like the neighborhood. It was not in a very upgraded neighborhood and it didn’t feel warm. There were no trees, no vegetation, and no flowers. It was close to good transportation, but I wasn’t highly impressed.

irked with parking July 17, 2014

The only very bad aspect of Russellville Park is their atrocious parking which they refuse to remedy or even discuss.

George3 May 16, 2012

They have provided an excellent high degree of care and service for my wife the past 2 years. The training of staff I'm sure is the most demanding to be able to provide the best service for it's residents..they have been able to do this..

From Russellville Park

Russellville Park is an independent living community located in the heart of the Gateway District in Portland, Oregon, and offers assisted living and Alzheimer's care to those who need it. Russellville Park also offers luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active 55+ community. We are very proud to be managed by Leisure Care, who, for more than 30 years, has led the industry in the development and management of elegant retirement communities that are all about Five-Star Fun. At Russellville Park we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, resort-style living, and in all things "fun."

Residents of Russellville Park enjoy their own private apartment homes, and fill them with their own treasured belongings. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautifully appointed dining room, where Russellville Park provides true restaurant dining with all meals prepared by their very own chef. Residents stay active with an array of programs like art classes, fitness programs, and travel excursions. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the salon, enjoy a night on the town with your sweetie, or socialize with friends, Russellville Park has it all. Do what you want, whenever you want.

Quite simply, at Russellville Park, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible. Come join us for Five-Star Fun.

Elegant restaurant- Swimming pool - East End Bar - Theater/media room - Casual restaurant - Salon and spa - Lively, picturesque neighborhood Located on the MAX Light Rail line Eight sunroom suites - Complimentary laundry facilities - Large activity room - Three convenient elevators - Landscaped courtyard with lighted walking paths, seating areas and water fountains - Library - Bocce ball court - Bistro Fireplace lounge - Four sitting rooms overlooking the landscaped courtyard -Billiards

Features of Russellville Park

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Minimum age: 55

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,225/month

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)

Location of Russellville Park