Aegis at Shadowridge

Reviews of Aegis at Shadowridge

Overview of Ratings

4.2

August 29, 2014

We've already got my mother-in-law in Aegis of Shadowridge and she has been there for almost two months. We chose this place because it is very clean -- it almost looks like a hotel more than an assisted living hospital. She has her own room; they have planned activities and really good food. They also have a nice little walking area and a really beautiful garden area with swings and things like that. They have activities every day; they have their own theater room, and once a month they will have the families come for a barbecue. They have concerts in their garden area, I mean, it is just beautiful. It is almost like a cruise ship on land. The people there are really nice; the nurses are really helpful; and the staff is great.

June 29, 2013

Aegis Living at Shadowridge was willing to give me a sample of the place for respite care for a week. Everything was up to good standards. It was probably one of the most modern and newest places, but they were too business like. The people that run the place were pretty tight. The studio was the only one I saw and it was pretty clean, but they were a little small. Aegis felt to be a little more of a hospital environment.

May 26, 2012

By Caring Daughter2

This is a beautiful facility. The apartments are a good size. They will customize an apartment by connecting adjoining rooms, when possible. The staff is friendly and do an excellent job. They are warm and caring with residents, and find ways to make them feel at home and happy. For instance, they now keep my father's favorite ice cream in stock. The food is excellent. It is portion controlled, however they will serve additional food upon request. There are lots of recreational activities, and they will go and get residents to insure they are able to participate. They have bus rides weekly, which may be scenic tours, or destination rides to places of interest nearby. They encourage family and friends to participate, too. They have capable and caring nursing staff, who are quick to notify family of any health issues. There has been slightly higher management staff turnover, in the last year. However, all go to lengths to get to know residents and their families. Prices are somewhat high, however, overall, I would say it is worth it.

July 27, 2011

By LindaCares

Long-term continuity of caring staff. Beautiful facility. Excellent food. I have told many people about how happy and confident I am with this facility and its care.

June 13, 2011

By KaptainBran

Friend or relative of resident

My Dad was diagnosed with dimentia and required 24 hour attention. My daughters and I toured several facilities before choosing Aegis at Shadowridge. We were given a tour of both the Assisted Living areas and the Memory Care areas, the later of which was where my Dad resided for seven months in 2008. Aegis is an expensive option, but provides a reasonable level of care. The facility is well decorated and the room size is adequate. The activities are somewhat repetitious, but the musical programs and entertainment events are very good. They host a "Summer Concert Series" which features live bands and dancing in their backyard garden setting. My Dad was a friendly, but fussy individual, and the staff was sometimes less than attentive to his needs, taking long periods of time to attend when called. My daughters and I visited him almost daily. The medical staff is very good, and the Director of the Memory Care Unit is a caring, intelligent woman. The food is also better than average. However, this facility is pricy, and other alternatives may be better on your budget. Add ons for the number of medications and level of care required can make it unaffordable. All in all, however, it is a good facility and residents seem comfortable and well cared for.

Features of Aegis at Shadowridge

• Pets: All Pets

About Aegis at Shadowridge

At Aegis Assisted Living in Shadowridge, CA, we provide assisted living services as well as support and care for individuals who live with Alzheimer's disease or other dementia.

Our beautiful community borders the charming California coastal towns of Carlsbad, Oceanside and Vista. Aegis Assisted Living's idyllic location offers our residents the benefits of a warm, mild climate of Southern California all year round, with the Pacific Ocean only three miles away. Our landscaped gardens and quiet courtyards provide an inviting and peaceful atmosphere that compliments the elegance of our home.

Aegis at Shadowridge has 49 private studio and one-bedroom apartments for seniors needing our assisted living services. We also feature 35 spacious studios specially designed and developed for those residents living with Alzheimers disease or other dementia.

Map of Aegis at Shadowridge