Sharonbrooke

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Sharonbrooke

March 19, 2013

By Carol D1

Sharonbrooke is a lovely facility. They have a lot of daily activities for the residents to be involved in. They have an ice cream parlor, a movie theater, and different places that the residents can go. The one thing that we had some problems with is they always have available coffee, tea, and freshly baked cookies. And my uncle is diabetic. He would just go in and take half a dozen cookies. So we were having a problem controlling his sugar. I guess my feeling is that they should have someone on duty that would regulate those foods instead of letting the residents help themselves. It's a nice, beautiful place. They keep it well maintained and clean. They have lovely music playing. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

September 20, 2012

By John Williams

They were very professional and really knew how to take care of people who were in their care. i was impressed with their care because i have been to other assisted living facilities that were not the greatest. clean and comfortable are some great words to describe this place. I really have no negative comments to make at this time.

May 19, 2012

By klg5

Sharonbrooke made a good effort to make residents feel at home and welcome. The common areas were well cleaned and comfortable. They had a "bar" area with some big screen tvs, a soda shop type thing, popcorn machine and more and would host parties during Ohio State football games (a very big deal in Central Ohio). They were very welcoming to residents' families as they would often let me eat dinner with him in their cafeteria (not bad food). All of the residents I came across were very friendly and seemed to make an effort to get to know my grandfather. They knew his name and a bit about his history, as well as mine and my families names. They checked on him often and seemed to take good care of him. His room was not bad. I don't know if they have more apartment style places here, but his was more of a studio type room. I do know that he would feel cramped at times, but the facilities offered several places for him to go, both inside and out.

April 14, 2012

By beezee

My experience with nursing homes is limited, however, I feel there are certain standards that should be met. Sharonbrook is a neat, clean and large facility. I was impressed by the decor, and especially by all of the little things that added to the ambiance. A small aviary filled with brightly coloured songbirds is a very unique touch, as well as many large fish tanks. The "pub", an Irish style eating and gathering area is definitely neat, and makes for a great place for large family groups to visit with their loved ones. There are even gaming rooms, with console gaming systems and large televisions. The living areas are kept clean and tidy, though I believe the rooms are a little on the small side, especially for couples. The staff is generally very friendly and helpful, and they handled my Grandmother's issues, mental and physical, very well. It was not easy to get along with her, but there were a few staff members that she absolutely adored, and they always reported to us once a week.The only fault I find in Sharonbrook is the fact that they can be rather stingy. Meals are a little on the small side, for instance, and there isn't much of a selection. For those on a tight budget, this could be a problem. I believe that variety is important in a diet. All toiletries and personal care products must be provided by the resident, which again could be an issue if they do not have family visiting on a regular basis, or if they have a very tight budget.

November 19, 2011

By Ramona2

This is a very lovely facility. It has a locked area for Alzheimers patients that is like small apartments inside. The rest of the facility is also very nice. Lots of open space and a very caring staff. There is even an atrium!

Features of Sharonbrooke

About Sharonbrooke

Sharonbrooke is an assisted living facility in Newark, OH that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Sharonbrooke for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Sharonbrooke