Paradise Village

2700 East 4th Street, National City, CA, 91950

Reviews of Paradise Village

Kim123497450 May 11, 2016

Paradise Village is the one we chose. It was great and we loved it. Everything was really good. It’s a great facility: the activities, the atmosphere, and the friendliness of the people. There are too many activities to list, but most of the activities are nice. They have a movie theatre, a swimming pool, and a workout facility. The food is great

BillSICDJ May 11, 2016

The food is good at Paradise Village, and the people are nice. They have some water exercises, which I need badly, and aerobics exercises, too. I am taking advantage of all their activities. I have a spacious, quiet one-bedroom apartment with nice, big windows, good lighting, and high ceilings. The older staff is good but the younger staff is pretty inexperienced.

Visitor124811250 February 29, 2016

Paradise Village seemed very nice, it had nice apartments, and nice residents. It’s one of the ones they will consider. There seemed to be a lot of choices about what to do, where to go, and things you could learn.

Beth118866450 February 01, 2016

Paradise Village is large and beautiful. It had everything you could ask for, but it was a little too big. If given a chance, I would recommend this facility because it is very nice. They have exercise rooms, games, outings, and programs. They also have a movie theater. They have an in-house doctor. The staff is wonderful. The rooms were nice.

Harry26 December 29, 2015

Paradise Village was gorgeous, very big, and catered to people very well. They didn't have any vacancies and were still building their memory care facility. I needed to see what kind of memory care was going to be provided; however, they might not have the building completed and operational by the time my mother needs it. It was just too much of a gamble. I did love it, though. The facility was clean. The employees were delightful. I know somebody who works there. It was wonderful. They had multiple dining areas and a four-page ala carte menu if you don’t like what they’re serving on any given day. The chef came out to talk to me and assured me he would fix whatever my mother wanted to eat even if it wasn’t on the menu.

Happy Visitor7 December 28, 2015

We went to Paradise Village. It was beautiful inside. The meals were great. We stayed overnight, and there just happened to be a party celebrating something in a room, so we met many fantastic people. They were so nice to us. However, you couldn’t have wine in the dining room. We just like wine with dinner, so, for us, I think that would be a big negative about that place. Also, we didn’t like National City. It didn’t seem like there were any shopping centers or nice restaurants around. The facility was beautiful, and the people were very nice. For our needs, I would give it one star, but for someone who doesn’t care about wine with dinner and not going out, it would be nice enough for them. Also, it only had an indoor pool; it didn’t have an outdoor swimming pool.

Rhonda23 June 25, 2015

Paradise Village is beautiful. It has a ton of amenities, and it is reasonably priced. They have a gym, a salon, and a heated indoor swimming pool. They have a church service which is a Catholic Mass on Sundays. It has a theater and a restaurant in addition to the resident's dining area.

Sharon107683750 June 01, 2015

I just thought Paradise Village was wonderful. It is extremely well-appointed and had wonderful facilities. I talked to a lot of the residents, and they were whole-heartedly in praise of many facets to the place. The rooms look good, and it was a good value. Another thing that I have since found out is that a number of people that we know have been residents there and give it a really high mark. The person that was assigned to my sister and I think to another couple of people, and they were very informative and extremely pleasant. I was very pleased with it, and the residents seemed very happy.

Caring107835050 May 28, 2015

Paradise Village was beautiful, and I liked it a lot. The staff were very accommodating. If it worked for me and I needed it, I would consider it. It was set up really nice. It's got an indoor pool and a restaurant. We did have lunch there, and it was very good, but the location was really the downside of it.

Tim30 May 28, 2015

My in-laws are at Paradise Village, and I like that place a lot. The people were friendly, and it seemed very clean. They do have activities for their residents, and the food was good. My in-laws also like it fairly well.

Caring106289850 February 18, 2015

The staff of Paradise Village Retirement Community was very nice and very helpful, and they gave us a tour. The rooms were big and very clean. We liked it. We did not eat there, but the dining area was big and fine. I did not see any recreational activities, but I think their residents were happy.

Caring92930050 February 10, 2015

I visited Paradise Village, and I thought they were a little expensive. But they had rooms that were nice although their studio didn't have a balcony. If you went to a studio, you have only a certain amount of food credit a month. That is all they give you. They have plenty of activities though. The community is very good, and I liked it. It will be very good for a person that is a little bit wealthier than I am. It is a very good community, but I can't afford it.

Kandi2 January 19, 2015

I really liked Paradise Village, and if my father-in-law gets worse, that’s the place that I would chose for him. It was all inclusive; they had even a bank there. They had a van that would take them to the grocery stores and activities, so it was a gorgeous place.

The rooms were of good size and clean. The price was reasonable. The grounds were very nice; everything was very tidy and well-groomed.

The staff was very professional and helpful. I met these guys, and they were very accommodating. There was a place where they were playing poker or blackjack which I thought was very entertaining. They had a gym and a swimming pool, and there were people working out. It was really beautiful.

Peggy43 November 22, 2014

Paradise Village is probably the nicest-looking place we had seen. It’s large, it’s new, and it looks more upscale to me. They have a huge swimming pool, and the apartments are lovely, lovely, lovely. They’re spacious enough, just beautiful. A young gentleman showed us around. The staff has been very friendly and very helpful.

Stan8 November 14, 2014

My mom has been in assisted living now for a month and a half. It's called Paradise Village. So far, my mom is very happy there. People working there are good. The facility is about a block from the hospital if needed. They have everything that is needed within walking distance. Food there is great so far. I have no problems with it. Their rooms are a little bit small though.

Caring85899350 August 30, 2014

I really like my apartment here at Paradise Village. It's very clean. The staff are very nice and patient. They were very good. The dining area was really fine and the food was good. I am satisfied and happily living here.

Caring86921250 June 26, 2014

Paradise Village was a very nice facility. It was very good. My wife's sister lives there. Everything was excellent. However, they didn't have a memory unit.

George49 February 13, 2014

I wasn’t happy with my visit at Paradise and it didn’t impress me. It was too big and exuberant. I didn’t care for the place at all. They have a lot of activities for the residents. It was expensive and the staff that took me on the tour was more like a salesman. It didn’t have a homey feel for me.

R.S August 23, 2013

My husband and I completely enjoyed our recent stay at Paradise Village. Our room was beautifully decorated; in fact, the entire community exceeded my expectations. From the rooms, lobby areas, grounds, Wellness Center, theater, and restaurants went above and beyond any retirement facility I have ever seen. Everything was beautiful and elegant. The residents and their guests appeared happy and active and the central Plaza building had a wonderful liveliness to it. The staff were friendly and helpful - especially the dining team, who served us several fantastic meals. I would heartily recommend taking a look at the community.

Martin4 July 11, 2013

Paradise Village is top line and it's brand new. Everything is in good shape and most of the facilities are very good. This place was also close to my son that's why I chose it.

commercesd June 09, 2011

Visited this facility

We visited the Paradise Village assisted living facility in National City, near San Diego, CA as a place for our grandmother to live. As she has many friends in the region and has always liked the South Bay area, it seemed logical to visit the facility.

The building resembles a resort community, with all the style and comfort of a secure gated community, but with a kind of exotic décor.

Our grandmother has embraced vegetarianism, so we were thrilled to find so many menu options that catered to this lifestyle. She loves to swim, and the pool and spa were as nice as any we've seen at any hotel. The hot tub therapy includes a salon and the fitness classes could be tailored to fit her needs, which we really liked. While she was ambulatory, she was a regular member of the local YWCA.

The wellness center would provide a lot of convenience for her. She really liked the theater and pointed out that many of her guests would enjoy the putting green.

The Plaza area included a wonderful open atrium with restaurant dining and an outdoor patio. There is also a coffee shop and a library, which we know our grandmother will really enjoy, as she is an avid reader. Recreational activities were plentiful with tennis courts, walking paths, billiards, an art studio and many other cultural and social events.

The chapel features a variety of religious activities and covers all faiths. This facility has everything that a senior needs in a retirement facility and more. Very well designed and thought out, with wonderful, caring staff.

From Paradise Village

WELCOME TO PARADISE!

Offering retirement, assisted living and memory care, in a resort-style, gated community with a Mediterranean flair. One bedroom, one bedroom with den, two bedroom and penthouse options. Studio and friendship suites available in Assisted Living. Upscale & casual dining restaurant options with indoor or patio seating with flexible options. Club Paradise wellness center including state of the art fitness center, heated 75-foot pool, jacuzzi, strength training, locker/shower rooms, and classroom. Salon/spa services, 212 seat auditorium/theater, medical/health clinic on-site. Over 200 scheduled activities each month and 22 resident run clubs. Outdoor landscaped putting course, walking paths and resident garden areas. Hospital and medical centers adjacent to our community and more! Month to month rentals. No buy-in fees.

• 12-Acre Gated Community in South Bay
  • Community Chapel
  • Coffee Shop/Deli
  • On-site Credit Union & Gift Shop
  • Billiards Lounge
  • Offering Memory Care (Parkview at Paradise Village) with 66 comfortable living arrangements; 56 Friendship Suites with shared bath and 10 suites with private bath.

Features of Paradise Village

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Tennis courts
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,500/month